+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Titansteel Helms Changes in 3.0.8

Titansteel Helms Changes in 3.0.8

Seems that Blizz is "tweaking" / nerfing the Titansteel helms stats & adding a additional Blue socket in addition to the current Meta.

Spiked Titansteel Helm

Tempered Titansteel Helm

Brilliant Titansteel Helm

Quote Originally Posted by chops View Post
    Seems that Blizz is "tweaking" / nerfing the Titansteel helms stats & adding a additional Blue socket in addition to the current Meta.
    If by nerfing you mean, they're giving the tanking helm 2 free sockets

hmm might have to pick this up and drop engineering for something more useful now.

Quote Originally Posted by veneretio View Post
    If by nerfing you mean, they're giving the tanking helm 2 free sockets
    Tanking & healy helms got "Tweaked" aka net gained a Meta & a Blue Socket

DPS helm.. lost 16 Str & 60 agi for an extra Blue socket & 44 Crit rating (Socket bonuses switched from +6 Agi to +8 Crit)

So, IMO feels like a nerf to DPS helm... ignoring the extra blue socket for the sake of comparing the pre & post 3.0.8 versions,
    66 Agi (inc socket bonus) = 1.06% Crit (according to the Calculator @ Tankingtips.com)
    44 Crit rating = 0.94% Crit (1.13% with Socket Bonus)

Losing the Str dun feel nice though.... Just makes the DPs helm slightly more "balanced" I guess
    Last edited by chops; 12-23-2008 at 12:10 PM.
    Damage Meters are like Boobs, they both draw my attention away from my Threatmeter!!
    Chops of Shandris

Nerf!?!?! How could anyone call this a nerf. Is anyone really upset about losing 60 agi? They are adding 44 crit to the helm. Adding a meta socket which any respectable WoW player knows is free +21 crit and 3% crit dmg. And this is happening when the patch comes, which will have the Monarch Topaz version of the +7str +11stam shadow crystal. I assume it will have a +9str and +13stam or so. +8 crit from the socket bonus. IMO your net loss is -7str, and net gain is stam/crit/crit dmg.

Tempered and brilliant helms are getting a nasty buff with no net loss... Im one excited tankadin.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklac View Post
    Nerf!?!?! How could anyone call this a nerf. Is anyone really upset about losing 60 agi? They are adding 44 crit to the helm. Adding a meta socket which any respectable WoW player knows is free +21 crit and 3% crit dmg. And this is happening when the patch comes, which will have the Monarch Topaz version of the +7str +11stam shadow crystal. I assume it will have a +9str and +13stam or so. +8 crit from the socket bonus. IMO your net loss is -7str, and net gain is stam/crit/crit dmg.

Tempered and brilliant helms are getting a nasty buff with no net loss... Im one excited tankadin.
    The dps helm already had a meta socket. In the end with the socket bonus + 44% crit is a little more than the 60 agi going by the numbers chops supplied.

The question is--with so little gear with sockets on it to begin with will people be able to easily meet the meta's requirements?

The second question is--what are the meta's requirements? Lol. I don't know but I think there is a LOT of gear that need sockets. Jewelcrafters are getting hosed!!!

I have to agree with Leytur, as a JCing prot warrior I have had a look at the gem slots in various levels of gear. Here's what I found for pieces with gem slots:

Leveling gear (71-79) tank plate: 4
    Early lvl 80 tank plate: 8
    Non-raid Lvl 80 drop tank plate: 1

This seems quite a bit less then the BC stuff... we need some JC tank plate love...
    Last edited by Korvid; 12-23-2008 at 01:32 PM. Reason: spelling

Jewelcrafting is an awesome profession for how much it impacts your gearing choices.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

I'm incredibly glad that this will be getting a meta socket. It was one of the few things that made me think I'd rather put my Titansteel into something more useful. However, with the gem slots going on there, I'll definitely be making one of these.

Don't get me wrong Lore... I love jewelcrafting as my profession... I've saved hundreds, if not thousands of gold in gemming costs in the last couple years. Plus +81 def or +123 stam is godly from the dragoneyes, not to mention all the other possible combos.

I just think its being a bit underutilized in the game atm. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

I use/interact with the guild JC'er every day. It seems like a really solid profession right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklac View Post

As xKhellendrosx has mentioned. Spiked helm already has a meta. Tanking & Healing Helms are the ones getting the love.

Only helm that can be considered somewhat nerfed is the Spiked DPS helm. Losing 66 agi & 16 Str in exchange for an extra Blue socket & 52 Crit which is a net gain 0.07% crit (Inc socket bonuses), ignoring the blue socket for sake of comparison.

Dun forget though, even if its not much, Agi does give extra armor & dodge + is affected by BoK whilst giving Crit as well

Kindly look at what was said before getting on the QQ wagon plux

Cheers!
    Damage Meters are like Boobs, they both draw my attention away from my Threatmeter!!
    Chops of Shandris

Ignoring the socket for comparisons sake doesn't make much sense, since I doubt most players are going to leave it empty, especially since you're including the socket bonus in your comparison. As long as you get equal value to 16 str from the gem, you're ahead either way you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lact View Post
    Ignoring the socket for comparisons sake doesn't make much sense, since I doubt most players are going to leave it empty, especially since you're including the socket bonus in your comparison. As long as you get equal value to 16 str from the gem, you're ahead either way you look at it.
    Only reason I "ignore" the Blue socket for the sake of comparison is for the plain fact that gem-ing in that socket can be quite variable, and I'm comparing the base stat changes i.e. agi & Str loss Vs Crit gain.

For meeting socket requirement, I would prolly go with a Jagged Forest Emerald - Item - World of Warcraft & ignoring bonus, with the gold ole Bold Scarlet Ruby - Item - World of Warcraft or Smooth Autumn's Glow - Item - World of Warcraft if my guild JC's get their rep for the recipe soon. Or maybe get a couple of Inscribed Huge Citrine - Item - World of Warcraft & hope for perfect cut procs.

Meta's being used is pretty much standard in being the Chaotic Skyflare Diamond - Item - World of Warcraft however I think in response to http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f177/...tml#post142436, we might be looking at Relentless Earthsiege Diamond - Item - World of Warcraft as the possible new Meta of Choice due to it only requiring 1 Blue (+1 yellow & 1 Red) vs the 2 Blues for CSD.

Long story short, spiked helm whilst still none too shabby, just din get the Love as the other 2 titansteel helms did. Either way we look at it, either end up losing alittle Crit or AP...

+ Reply to Thread