+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Enraged Regeneration out of Combat

Enraged Regeneration out of Combat

I bet most warriors know this trick but since it suprised some people, obviously some don't

Enraged regeneration requires an "enrage effect" and consumes it, it takes 15 rage.

To proc it outside of combat use your Bloodrage ability which will both give you the rage you need and counts as an enrage effect.

When questing and using it out of combat make sure to throw some stam gear on before hitting it too.

It is so nice to not have to stop and eat or waste the frostweave on bandages anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I believe that it goes off the total max HP you have when you pop it. So if you have the rage to hit Commanding Shout and/or Last Stand and any trinkets that increase your HP, it will take that total HP in to account for how much it heals you.

It does take commanding shout and last stand into account, so say goodbye to downtime.

berserker rage also gives you an enrage effect if you already have the rage then using bloodrage's health cost will reduce the overall effect of the heal

Domichi - I haven't paid enough attention to it, but was wondering how it 'ticks', if it is a preset 'as of cast time' tick, or if it is a 'per tick buff'..

Ie :

HP - 10,000 Health - pop Enraged Regeneration for ticks of 300 hp per sec for 10s
    - hit last stand (taking new total to 13,000 Health)
    - Enraged Regen now ticks for 390 per second

or
    HP - 10,000 Health - pop Enraged Regeneration for ticks of 300 hp per sec for 10s
    - hit last stand (taking new total to 13,000 Health)
    - Enraged Regen still ticks for 300 per second

Also, was wondering if it's 'total hp' includes the trinket bonuses ... ie - pop Commanding shout, last stand, trinket, enraged regen ...

it takes your hp at the time of each individual tick, some for druids, including trinkets like shadowmoon insignia and repelling charge

It changes as your max HP changes.

Also if you are ~50% health you can pop LS/trinks to get a full heal out of enraged regen. (Since with LS your former 50% defecit should be closer to 30% or less)

Commanding shout will help the heal be for a greater amount, but won't really benefit you unless you are taking damage during the ER since you don't gain the full HP from applying the buff, just the proportional amount in relation to your current HP %.

This is the buff text:
    Enraged Regeneration
    Regenerates 3% of your total health every 1 sec.
    10 seconds remaining

So every tick gets you 3% of your total HP at that moment which will include any buffs that increase/decrease your total health pool.

Tony - so if i had '10,000 hp out of 20,000 hp' it would tick for 300, not 600?

I've really never paid much attention to the 'details' on it... always popped ls, and usually had bshout up, so commanding shout was usually not worth the 'rage'... (also while soloing, i often have bloodrage on cd)
    Last edited by maexio; 12-23-2008 at 07:48 AM. Reason: typo

Nah, it'll always tick based off your maximum HP.

I just made the last stand example to explain how you can maximize the effect while soloing, and exactly why it works.

Last stand + commanding shout + trinket are all nice ways to buff the heal, esp when you wont be needing it for 2 min.

Quote Originally Posted by Domichi View Post
    I believe that it goes off the total max HP you have when you pop it. So if you have the rage to hit Commanding Shout and/or Last Stand and any trinkets that increase your HP, it will take that total HP in to account for how much it heals you.
    It actually checks your HP every time it ticks. My Last Stand expired in the middle of it one time and I got less per tick afterwards.

Can easily test it with switching Battle Shout to Commanding in the middle of it.

Perfect, thanks for the info and clarification. 2nd place to Heroic throw in the 'new abilities' list.. but very very handy..

Actually I have noticed that, even tho it heals you for more if you have LS and Comm shout up, as soon as those effects wear off the amount of HP u have is adjusted accordingly

If you get out of combat while questing or grinding, you're doing it wrong.

D'oh, feel like the world's biggest idiot for not realising Bloodrage and Beserker Rage were enrage effects... ho hum.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayella View Post
    D'oh, feel like the world's biggest idiot for not realising Bloodrage and Beserker Rage were enrage effects... ho hum.
    Heh, yeah. I got bored one day and decided to test it out. To my surprise.. it worked! I haven't tried it with the Orc racial yet though. Anyone know if that counts as an enrage? Though it doesn't generate rage, so it's less useful in that respect.

+ Reply to Thread