+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New TPS parser for WotLK?

New TPS parser for WotLK?

I was wondering if there is a new TPS parser for Lich King, that works for all tanks, including DK's? I used Coolyo and WowWebStats TPS calculator a fair bit in BC to help me analyse and improve my TPS, and to compare it to other tanks (I'm still in awe at how Xav was able to get 2k+ tps pre-3.0 on teron, my best was about 1400 or so)

Even though threat is not as much of an issue on most fights, I have found recently as our DPS has geared up signficantly, that some of them can challenge me for threat, in particular Malygos and on Tenebron for 3-drake sarth. We've also been having some issues with our DK's single target threat on some bosses, and it would be good to have an anaylsis of his threat, to see if it can be improved somehow. I was hoping that the previously mentioned TPS parsers would have been updated for LK, but it appears they have not.

I'm still debating whether or not to update mine.

I've been in no rush since currently threat is still generally a joke to generate. But at least looking at the new warrior mechanics, vigilance and sunder/devastate threat calculations present some serious difficulties via a wws report. Vigilance will just simply need to be completely excluded, and at best, an estimate of ones attack power would need to be used to calc sunder/devastate threat. But then again, it was never meant to be very accurate, but rather just to show a guideline picture of trends.

Yep that's what I was thinking bagel, the new %-of-your-AP abilities could make things hard. I was thinking you could "average" or "guess" the AP by looking at how hard conc blow/shockwave are hitting for (or thunderclap), but that would assume the person used any to begin with - and if they don't, you could just use a filler number.

Certainly not necessary, but might be neat to know - I'm actually rather curious what sustained numbers are like. On Patchwerk, sure we can do ~2500+ DPS as a warrior, but does that actually directly translate to 2500*2.07? And so forth.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

I just uploaded an updated version of my old sustained tps mod

SustainedTps - Addons - Curse

Neat, I'll try it out.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Thanks Bagel !

Wow Web Stats

8602 tps... hmm

If we take the 3100 DPS and multiply it by the 2.07 def stance, we get 6417, so apparently another 2k + TPS was from the innate threat on abilities.

259 every ~1.5 from Heroic Strike innate, the rest aren't really close, with Shield Slam being ~770 innate.

From http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f200/...at-values.html of course

I'm curious what calculations you used to get the TPS figure? Was it as simple as threat reading on mob via ingame threat tracking / time? I didn't screenshot Omen when Patchwerk was at 1% to do the math myself, but that would have made it easier, for sure.

Edit: Oops, the innate threat is going to come before modifiers. So lemme actually work it out

3100 threat from damage/second.

102 heroic strikes landed, 143 seconds, or .71 HS/second, for .71*259 (innate) = 184 threat/sec from HS threat bonus

18 revenges landed, 143 seconds, or .125 Rev/second, for .125*121 (innate) = 15 threat/sec from Revenge threat bonus

Devastate is 5% of AP in bonus threat, approx. average raid buffed AP of 5k, 250 innate threat.
    28 Devastates landed, 143 seconds, or .195 Dev/second, for .195*250 (innate) = 49 threat/sec from Devastate threat bonus

24 Shield Slams landed, 143 seconds, or .167 SS/second, for .167*770 (innate) = 129 threat/sec from Shield Slam threat bonus

3100 + 184 + 15 + 49 + 129 = 3477

3477 * 2.0735 = 7209 ...

OK, so a little higher, but not quite the 8k+.

What did I do wrong, or what am I missing?

Edit2: Ah! Vigilance! It was on the mage, Cheesycraft, who did 5768 DPS. Almost all of his damage was Frostfire bolt, which with a standard fire spec will give 20% threat reduction to that. (10% fire, 10% frost, about 75% is fire, so let's say 17.5% threat reduction)

5768 DPS * .825 = 4758 TPS, 10% Vigilance transfer = I gain 475 TPS

Still a lot short from 8600. But, if the Vigilance threat is modified by defensive stance, that would take it to 3477+475=3952*2.0735=8194 TPS

Much closer to what you got, but, I don't know if that's right.

Please tell me how it works!
    Last edited by Xav; 12-24-2008 at 02:05 AM.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

From the quote on the mod page,
    No threat calculations are done. All threat data comes directly from the game. Only time in combat is calculated, so this should work perfectly for all characters regardless of spec, class, talents, gear, buffs etc...
    this means it's done completely ingame and is simple division done after the fact.

Well I'm stumped. Perhaps Bagel, or Satrina the threat god can clear up what the hell I missed, or glossed over when I shouldn't have?
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

There's a theory that hateful strike from Patchwerk adds to the threat on the receiving player, has not been proven yet. This may be an example of that. Also, don't forget any misdirects or tricks of the trade you may have received.

Well, I wasn't eating hatefuls, so unless Hateful also adds to the main tank, that wouldn't apply. And yeah, I'm aware of that part of the mechanic of it, but I was always of the understanding it added it to the hateful tanks only, hrm..that's a good point, though.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Oh, didn't know you were main tanking it. It would only make sense for it to apply threat to the hateful tanks, not the main tank. But who knows, the answer will come.

WWS warrior tps parser | WotLK 3.0

From the other thread, thanks to cedine

(And the conclusion in regards to my threat is I sucked at math somewhere [surprise] and the shown value was correct)
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Cedine here.

There was a little problem with the devastate multiplier within the page.
    Fixed now, also changed AP used for devastate to 4600.

Result: 7232 tps.

I'm going to run a few tests with this nice addon you linked.

edit: beats me
    Last edited by TravelToAiur; 12-26-2008 at 05:46 PM.

Just to touch on Patchwerk's Hateful Strikes. They do indeed add threat for the top 3 people in 25 mans and top 2 in 10 mans. You can verify this by watching Omen (or any other threat meter) leap forward for those players whenever he Hateful Strikes.

Some discussion about it here on EJ.

you 100% sure vigilance wasn't on the offtank btw?
    because if it was then numbers would be much closer to reality

Vigilance was on the mage in the screenshot :P

Rusty: That's just an assumption, it's never been proven, and you can't really prove it effectively unless you have your tanks not attack and see what happens.

But, it most likely does add some amount of threat to the offtanks. For the main tank as well, not so sure.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Wouldn't Satrina's ugly little threat mod he used to find the new 3.0 threat values tell you if Patchy were in fact giving you threat? I mean, it reads and displays threat right from the engine and even uses those gigantic threat numbers, which is what made it so ugly :P.

Sorry Satrina, I liked it but it was ugly. Thanks for the great mod ^_^.

+ Reply to Thread