+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vent Blockage

Vent Blockage

So my vent doesnt want to work, it freezes me at the syncing phase and this is very annoying considering that you really need vent to raid. As far as I can tell my ISP is blocking vent, is there any way I can get around them so I can use it?

I'd venture to say its unlikely your ISP is blocking it, but more likely if your behind a router or using a firewall the port is not open. I think the default port is 4708, I'd look to see if your firewall is blocking it. Either in the router config (assuming your using one) or in the firewall settings(i.e. windows).

Hope that helps.

Yeah, I thought that too, but even when I try and open the ports, it still doesn't work so I don't know what to do now.

Im not sure how vent works, as I have always used teamspeak, but do you enter the IP address for the server you are connecting to, or is it like a Url? If it's a URL then could be a dns Issue.

Its either or. I just forwarded my ports again and it is stuck at the "Contacting Server" part.

What I am really looking for is some sort of tunneling program or something that will work with vent.
    Last edited by Balthusdire; 12-19-2008 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Mo' info

I have the same problem as you. i think it is port blocked by the ISP. What router(s) do you happen to use?

I'd do a little more research before I call the ISP, if it does turn out to be the ISP, I'd call them and tell them to A) Fuck off and B) Die in a Fire, and then ask for the competitors number

+ Reply to Thread