+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Improved Disarm; Looking for proof not estimation

Improved Disarm; Looking for proof not estimation

Can some one please confirm or deny if improved disarm is giving the 10% extra damage yet. So if I have 2 points in improved disarm &;
    1st. if I disarm the mod do I get 10% extra damage against it. (I think I do).
    2nd. If I disarm the mod does some one else get 10% extra damage against it. (I donít think so).

"...and causes the target to take an additional [number]% damage while disarmed."
    By just reading the description, you can imply that the damage done to the mob is from all sources and the damage is only effective if the debuff is applied. The extra damage should correlate with the 10%. Mainly only useful for PvP since few (if any) bosses are disarm-able.
    Abyssul's UI, please comment or download.

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Mainly only useful for PvP since few (if any) bosses are disarm-able.
    Nah. A ton of heroic bosses are disarmable, and since so many of us are grinding the crap out of heroics not only for emblems but for the achievements, it's definitely worth noting. In my experience any heroic boss with a weapon can be disarmed. I'm sure there are a couple that don't fit that rule, but it's a good rule.

A fine example would be the boss in Old Kingdom that enrages if the mob reaches her (she deals 200% more damage when enraged) -- the achievement is to not kill any of the mobs, so she always enrages. Disarm works great on her!

I was mainly referring to bosses in a raid perspective; my mistake. It's true that the disarm ability is useful in heroics, but I don't personally want to use two talent points for a 10 second buff on specific mobs. Disarm does a well enough job keeping me alive
    Abyssul's UI, please comment or download.

BTW, I've seen many posters mention that improved disarm is currently bugged and doesn't give the damage bonus. I don't know if it's been patch/fixed yet.

+ Reply to Thread