Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Less-rabi

Less-rabi

I've been trying this acchievement for a couple days have yet to succeed. Almost every time he'll do a cast at ~5% that's borderline impossible to interrupt. I've tried this w/ stacked melee group and Heroism but still no luck. We usually hold back around 35% wait for 1 last interrupt and then try a flat out burn.

Anyone have suggestions about this boss? Besides Gotta Go! he's the last acchievement needed for the Glory of the Hero.

I used a pretty lame strategy to get this achievement. Basicly, if he is transformed into the rhino form, and you drop aggro, while he is running back he wont switch back to human form, and he is pullable. If manage to pull him then, and kill him, you got the achievement.

What we did was have 1 prot pally heal me (we had 2 tanks for the share the love achievement), and after he transforms, the pally DI's me. I use my macro to remove the aura, and quickly heroic throw. The rest of the party who was waiting around the corner runs in, combat ress the pally, and finish it off.

If you've got a Frost DK available, take him, along with other classes who can interrupt often. Rogue / Mage probably.

Co-ordinate who uses what when, and at maybe 30% or so try to burn him down (make sure the DK is off CD when this happens). If specced for it his interrupt will cost 0 Runic Power, and isnt bound to the GCD, allowing him to use it when burning him down.

Am yet to try this myself, but got him to around 35% before he managed to transform in a PuG, and that was with very little co-ordination :<

We were holy paladin, retri paladin, prot warrior, fury warrior and enhancement shaman.
    We just chain casted our interrupts from 30% to 0% and one of the interrupts luckyly managed to get in time :P

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

take a mage and time the 3rd interrupt to be around the 30-40% mark, blust around 50%, he'll die.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarg View Post
    I used a pretty lame strategy to get this achievement. Basicly, if he is transformed into the rhino form, and you drop aggro, while he is running back he wont switch back to human form, and he is pullable. If manage to pull him then, and kill him, you got the achievement.

What we did was have 1 prot pally heal me (we had 2 tanks for the share the love achievement), and after he transforms, the pally DI's me. I use my macro to remove the aura, and quickly heroic throw. The rest of the party who was waiting around the corner runs in, combat ress the pally, and finish it off.
    Also works if you have a rogue pull then vanish once he transforms...assume a hunter could do it too but never tried.

Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanadark View Post
    That said, its an easy acheivement. Just bring 4 DPS+tank, interrupt casts 1 and 2, and then nuke him to the ground.
    Bloodlust doesn't hurt either
    Quote Originally Posted by Xav View Post
    I can totally spell reflect that.

Just got this achievement last weekend and it's still expoitable. Had a hunter kite him up to the entrance and then FD. The boss will transform into a mammoth once and stay that way. While the boss is coming down, make sure no one is in combat, and I taunted him and we killed him off to get the achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Elyvern View Post
    Just got this achievement last weekend and it's still expoitable. Had a hunter kite him up to the entrance and then FD. The boss will transform into a mammoth once and stay that way. While the boss is coming down, make sure no one is in combat, and I taunted him and we killed him off to get the achievement.
    Yeah, just did it.

I tried Mind Numbing Poison for this and it worked well except for the fact that it was on my off hand and it fell off a couple of times, causing me to miss the last interrupt before he died. I was trying for a balance of interrupting the cast and maintaining my DPS so I wasn't using Shiv =/ Next time I'll be going double Mind Numbing to keep it up without resorting to using Shiv.

Haven't done it on my warrior because he's still 78.
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

I'm a prot warrior and I'm always on interrupt duty for this guy. He tends to cast transformation every 10 seconds or so. Every time I shield bash he attempts to get one off a couple seconds before my cooldown is up. Towards the end if you don't have an ability that slows casting, have the other interrupters count to 10 after the 3rd interrupt and pre-emptively do it. That's what I found helps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrivan View Post
    I tried Mind Numbing Poison for this and it worked well except for the fact that it was on my off hand and it fell off a couple of times, causing me to miss the last interrupt before he died. I was trying for a balance of interrupting the cast and maintaining my DPS so I wasn't using Shiv =/ Next time I'll be going double Mind Numbing to keep it up without resorting to using Shiv.

Haven't done it on my warrior because he's still 78.
    Mind numbing and curse of tongues should have 0 effect on his transform.

His casts actually come every five seconds once he finishes the first cast. The casting time of each one is based on his health at the time. Also, casting time debuffs do not affect him at all.

Anyone happen to find another strategy that works for him yet? We tried it with a prot paladin, holy paladin, DK, combat rogue and s.priest. Kept getting him to about 40% and then popping AR/Fan of Knives, but quake/transform usually borked us.

Got this some time ago, tried a few setups. But it all worked out having me(warr), rogue, and shammie on interrupt duty.

if I recall correctly, he'll do a cast every 10s when is hp>50% and after he'll cast each 5s.

We had the shammie spec so he could intterupt each 5s and the rogue spec so fan of knives would interupt aswell.

We didnt kill him particular fast, I would interrupt 1 and 3 cast, shaman rest and about 30%hp the rogue and all other interrupters would just spam.

I do think though, that the key is to get the shammie into the right rythm if he gets the first 5sec cast interrupted, he can just press earthshock at every cooldown.

After we took the shammie with us, it only took 2 tries :-)

Just did this a couple days ago. Very simple when not cheating it but takes good dps, a shammy for bloodlust and good timing. Bring 3 people that can interrupt and decide who will interrupt which transform attempt (3 interrupts if amazing dps 4 if slower dps, it is based around his life %).

1. Start the fight and interrupt the first transform (I did this as prot warrior w shield bash, 12 sec cooldown) it is very easy to stop with the long cast time

2. Have another player interrupt the second transform attempt which is also very easy and have a shammy throw up blood lust at this point

3. If DPS is mediocre have a 3rd player interrupt the next transform attempt if it happens prior to getting him down to 40-35%

4. If DPS is very strong and you get him down to 40-35% prior to 3rd interrupt or if you have already stopped the 3rd attempt, bring him down to 40-35% and stop dps if need be so that his next transform attempt happens right @ this amount of life. (It is a fast cast but stoppable and MUST be done at this amount of life because if you dps him further then that the transform will be virtually instant and can't be stopped by reaction speed).

4. Shield bash should be back up in plenty of time to stop the 3rd or 4th transform attempt which ever one you are on when he is at 40-35% (This is a very quick transform attempt but doable so stop dps and wait for it right around that % life so you are ready to hit it)

5. As soon as that 40-35% transform is stopped everyone go ALL OUT with cooldowns etc to burn the mofo as fast as possible (Bloodlust would already be up at this point having been added in step 2). He needs to go from 35% -> 0 before he does another cast or you lose because it would be virtually instant.

We did this first try only a couple days ago so I know it works well but we had good DPS. If your DPS sucks and you can't burn him down from 35% -> 0 before next cast then you are out of luck and should try to just use one of the previously mentioned tricks or change your group.

Finally got this achievement last night after four days of attempts.

Our make-up was:
    1 Prot Pally
    2 DK DPS
    1 Elemental Shaman
    1 Fury Warrior

We had just wiped it up after our second attempt and instead of waiting 10 minutes for bloodlust to come off cooldown we decided to just go for it again to practice our interrupts. We ended up interrupting his cast at 50%, ~35% and ~18%. The last interrupt was beautiful as we had a very tiny margin of error. Our shaman said he was just counting in his head and when he thought it was about 5 seconds since the last cast he hit his interrupt, none of us saw a cast bar but we did see the "interrupted" above his head and a brief flicker of mammoth before he died.

So basically, we did this w/o a healer and w/o bloodlust, but with solid 2.5k+ DPS.

I find a more controlled slow burn is better than a ballstothewall DPS burst right off the bat. The more controlled DPS is useful for getting people prepared to interrupt the cast at 50% and then to interrupt every 5 seconds after that. You do have to burn him as quickly as possible once you get to 35% or below. Most importantly, you can't wait to see the cast bar, you just have to hit the interrupt right when you think its been 5 seconds.

Confirm or deny - the mage Silence will prevent him from casting? Not as an interrupt, but as the duration of the spell effect? I know he is immune to the DK Strangulate effect, don't know about the mage or priest version.
    Makepõ - Cold Hearted
    Bryenne - Disc Jockey.

99% sure there is no way to slow the cast or prevent the cast from happening. He will always cast transform every 10 seconds when his health >50%, once when he hits 50%, and then every 5 seconds after that until he's dead.