+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior. T7 or nonset pieces.

Warrior. T7 or nonset pieces.

What pieces are the best to go for? I really want the 4set bonus for Uldar if there is some hardhitters in there.
    The offset pieces in thinking of using right now are:
    Gauntlets of the Disobedient - Item - World of Warcraft
    or
    Legplates of Sovereignty - Item - World of Warcraft

Thanks for your help

I think I'll go into Ulduar with:

Valorous Dreadnaught Handguards
    Valorous Dreadnaught Breastplate
    Pauldrons of Unnatural Death
    Helm of Vital Protection
    Legplates of Sovereignty

The legs and helm are obvious choices to not go with the tier, imo, and I also like the itemization of the shoulders. There's no great upgrade from the T7.5 chest, nor the gloves. I'm not such a big fan of the Noth gloves you linked.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenicks View Post

Helm of Vital Protection
    Legplates of Sovereignty

The legs and helm are obvious choices to not go with the tier, imo, and I also like the itemization of the shoulders. There's no great upgrade from the T7.5 chest, nor the gloves. I'm not such a big fan of the Noth gloves you linked.
    I will keep the tier7 helm for sure, i love the stats on it.

T7 Helm is kind of a threat piece - handy but for Ulduar I think Helm of Vital protection is much better.

I'd love to hear which 5 pieces other warriors are planning on going with as well.

With the DR on dodge/parry ive started to fall in love blockrating/value. and all your talents that scales with em

I think the T7.5 hands are a no brainer. I personally think I'll probably go with the chestpiece as well. I would agree with a previous poster that the tier helm is distinctly worse than some of the offset items.

I really would recommend ignoring the 4 piece bonus. It just isn't very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Proletariat View Post
    I think the T7.5 hands are a no brainer. I personally think I'll probably go with the chestpiece as well. I would agree with a previous poster that the tier helm is distinctly worse than some of the offset items.

I really would recommend ignoring the 4 piece bonus. It just isn't very good.
    I agree that its not that good, but we dont know what encounters Uldar have to offer yet. On some encounters the extra shieldwall time is godly. So atleast ill pick up 4 tierpieces and keep them just in case

My thoughts:

Helm of Vital Protection = WIN. T7 Helm is a nice threat piece I wouldn't mind for a heroic/trash set. Currently wearing Thane's which is quite decent.

Legplates of Sovereignty are very nice (+exp). I have the Dragonbrood Legplates at the moment which are also pretty decent (+hit). T7 legs would be good for avoidance.

T7 Chest is marginally better than the Chestguard of the Exhausted I currently wear (dodge > parry), andthe Dragonstorm Chestguard outdoes them both, but there's not a huge amount in it. Not too fussed.

T7 Gloves are really good. I have Heroes, and not too fussed about upgrading. There's a good pair of solid avoidance gloves out there, can't remember what they are.

Shoulders - I'm yet to run into an epic set, the T7 are quite nice but the Pauldrons of Unnatural Death are really good too. I will be happy enough with either, but I'd like to get a 2 piece bonus going somehow. Either the T7 chest or shoulders to compliment my gloves.

from what ive seen, the teir gear isnt as superior to all other epic gear as it usually is. depending on what type of gains youre lookin to get, its not necessarily worth your time...all dependant on personaly choice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenicks View Post

Helm of Vital Protection
    Legplates of Sovereignty

Exaclty what I'm shooting for.

The noth gloves are wonderful peice to have for a trash clearing SBV Set. Keep both. Avoidance set for bosses, SBV+SBR for trash+threat.
    November 23, 2004 8:27:03 AM - Glomgore 10+ Years of tanking? Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Glomgore View Post
    The noth gloves are wonderful peice to have for a trash clearing SBV Set. Keep both. Avoidance set for bosses, SBV+SBR for trash+threat.
    It would be great if Blizzard paired some expertise/hit up with shield block once in awhile. I'd like some more shield block on my regular set, but I'm too attached to the expertise. Not to mention it's always Parry instead of Dodge on the Expertise gear.

+ Reply to Thread