+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spec Feedback plz

Spec Feedback plz

Hello all. I have been thinking about respecing slightly in order to get vigilance, but I wanted some feedback on my current spec before I do. I don't have any issues holding aggro either on single or multiple mobs, but I'm looking ahead in content and notice a lot of warrior tanks have a much different spec.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to my armory spec: The World of Warcraft Armory

I'd say that the easiest point to move to vigilance would be the one point in Safeguard.

I personally don't want to go that deeply into arms, but I can see a lot of advantages to doing it. If you're looking to find the points for deep wounds (which a lot of people seem to), the most common place to take them from appears to be Cruelty in most cases. Again, I personally have a hard time sacrificing Cruelty in any build, but there's nothing wrong with it and I have to assume that the people that are doing it are seeing a threat increase for doing so. I may go that way eventually, but as it is I rarely main tank 25-man bosses and would rather have the utility talents in prot (i.e. spell reflect, safeguard) than Deep Wounds/Impale.

If you're trying to dig out points, another common place to get them is only put two points in Shield Specialization. If you're going for a threat build (which you appear to be), this could be another place to get the points you are looking for to put into abilities such as deep wounds or improved revenge.

To give direct feedback, I sort of see Safeguard as one of the (many imo) all-or-nothing talents. Safeguard vs. Vigilance is an entirely personal choice for you. The answer to your real question is, "No, you don't need to respec." If you want to respec to pick up vigilance, then you really don't need to change too much.

Offensive hits most of the points I'd have made. Your spec isn't wildly different from most, don't worry about it. I'd recommend Safeguard as the immediate place to take a point for Vigilance. You could also consider picking up Deep Wounds and / or Imp Revenge, but those are your choice.

One more thing to think about, is whether you need those points in Tactical Mastery. Imp HS is probably more generally useful, as there's much less stance dancing nowadays.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

Good points, and thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, the 1 point in safeguard was a mistake, which I just haven't fixed yet. With the improvement to taunt, I really haven't seen a need to intervene anyone recently lol.

I will likely move that point into concussion blow. I guess the real question would be, is Vigilance worth it? I have very little issue with AoE threat, and have only once or twice had mobs pulled off me early when SS missed. I'm just not sure sacrificing the added dmg from Impale is worth it right now. Now I'm not running 25's yet, so maybe there Vig will be more useful.

As for deep wounds, I thought about that one, but I also prefer cruelty.

I personally do find Tack mastery useful, more so in heroics for chain pulling:
    Battle stance, BR, Commanding Shout, Charge, Def Stance, SS (or TC depending on how many mobs). I never run out of rage unless the group is slow lol.

ok, yeah...so maybe I need to read my damn talents better...so I'm gonna drop tact mastery, since I can charge from any stance (doh!). Since i'm doing that anyways, I'm gonna drop impale and test out a vigilance spec.

+ Reply to Thread