+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Stratholme Baron Rivendare Mount Run

Bug (Maybe)

not sure if this was mentioned, but i've encountered a bug (and to my knowledge hasn't been fixed) where rather than going to take down the 3 ziggurat bosses and the abominations, you can just about head straight to rivendare. nearby each gate, even the ones on the way to the main boss area, the supply crates can be clicked and the gates will disappear. only annoying thing is that rats and insects might still appear. even in the abomination area find some crates and click them. i forget about the abom boss but the 4 sentry guards you do still have to fight but at 80 it's simple. then just nuke rivendare down and repeat.

as far as the cadaver worms buff, you can also use purification potions if you do run into the mobs that can affect you with this debuff. i'm an alchemist so i can make them easily and you should be able to buy them for cheap off someone or auction since i'm pretty sure the herbs needed are really easy to come by.

i still got tons of runs i gotta do before i get my mount as well, i'm sure, but with this bug, it's an easy 5 min run to rivendare and 1-2 min to exit, so within an hour you can fit in quite a handful of runs.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJRYB
    i still got tons of runs i gotta do before i get my mount as well, i'm sure, but with this bug, it's an easy 5 min run to rivendare and 1-2 min to exit, so within an hour you can fit in quite a handful of runs.
    If they haven't removed the limit of 5 runs in an hour, you still can't do "quite a handful" of runs. It takes 10 minutes doing it the normal way so either way you still hit the cap.

If they did remove the cap, all the better.

Just wanted to say that (at 80) on Malaki (the third boss) you can run up on the very edge of the right side of the steps (it's actually the ledge with no steps on it) to sneak past the mobs in front of him. After you kill the mobs inside the zig jump down to the right off the side. It may take a couple tries to get the path just right.

It'll save about 10 or so seconds of kill time.

Can anybody confirm the mount still drops if you enter the slaughterhouse by clicking the crates and NOT killing the sub-bosses at the zigs? I'm on about my 15th run and I just have this sneaking suspicion it won't drop that way.
    I feel like butter melting on top of a big ol' stack of flapjacks.

That tactic has been confirmed by GMs to be an exploit and will get you banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
    Wow! Really? That's good to know. Do you have a source you can cite to confirm that statement?

guess I'll go back to killing the sub-bosses.

EDIT: Nevermind, found the blue post on it.
    Last edited by Rokbal; 07-15-2009 at 10:06 AM.
    I feel like butter melting on top of a big ol' stack of flapjacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post

I think they fixed that exploit in 3.2. Before 3.2, I was running it in under 5 minutes. Best time was 4:07. I would run straight to Magistrate Barthillas, kill him, and there's three crates in his cul-de-sac. One behind him, one on the right side, and one on the left, behind three ghouls. I would open all three, and the gates would open to where the stitched horrors are. I would run in there, and run counter-clockwise around the wall. As soon as you make the right along the wall, there's a crate, open it and keep running counter-clockwise, and open the other two. After that, run between the horrors, up against the zig, across the way to the opposite wall where there's another crate, open it, and the one in between it and the main gate... total of 5 crates, and barons door will open... no ramstein, and no guards, just run in straight to baron. Kill him, and do as ciderhelm said, take off your gear and die outside the zig. I tried this the day 3.2 came out, and it didnt work. So I'm thinking blizz caught on. I was just in there killing time before a Naxx run, so I didnt hang around and mess with it anymore. Was up to 97 runs and no mount

Death Knight's get hooked pu...

Someone may have already said this but I figured it's worth putting in again anyway. If you are a DK, you can run the instance in about 8 minutes only looting bosses. I just port back to Ebon Hold, repair and sell, and then fly back down to Light's Hope. You can then ride back to the instance. It may take a tiny bit longer but this enables you to do more than 5 quick runs. You can go for as long as your heart desires. Feel free to run a few times and then port to Ebon Hold. Regardless, I have spent hours doing this and you can get some runs done fast.

In the video, does he use the front or back door? Sorry I've never been to Strat.

Quote Originally Posted by Retail View Post
    In the video, does he use the front or back door? Sorry I've never been to Strat.
    He's probably using the back door, but since you've never been in there, you'll have to go through the front, till you get to Magistrate Barthilas (I believe that's his name), who drops the Key to the City. Without that, you can't get in the back door, unless you have someone else open it for you. It's just a little bit more to clear, really - you can get to where you need to be either way.

I have ran Stratholme about 50 times when I was grinding out Argent Dawn rep, I just got my title last week but I had no luck with the mount doing the full clears of the place. It's a pretty easy rep grind though if you have the time to do it.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

Quote Originally Posted by stealthew7 View Post
    Someone may have already said this but I figured it's worth putting in again anyway. If you are a DK, you can run the instance in about 8 minutes only looting bosses. I just port back to Ebon Hold, repair and sell, and then fly back down to Light's Hope. You can then ride back to the instance. It may take a tiny bit longer but this enables you to do more than 5 quick runs. You can go for as long as your heart desires. Feel free to run a few times and then port to Ebon Hold. Regardless, I have spent hours doing this and you can get some runs done fast.
    I can do a boss run in 10 minutes as a Ret pally, just zipping back and forth to Light's Hope Chapel takes a bit longer to empty inventory since you can't Death Gate and fly back there which is much faster.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

Nice video, but lacking in fundamental info and assumptions.

1) The "service entrance" of Strat is being used. If you look at your map of Eastern Plaguelands, you'll see to the south east of Strat a little cave at the base of the hills. That's where you want to go.

2) The service entrance is locked. You will need the Key to the City, which drops off Magistrate Barthilas (comments include nice description of how to find him).

With regard to the abominations in the Baron's courtyard, I've managed to break the event a few times by killing all the aboms at once. That may be the bug that some people are running into. It seems you can avoid it by first killing all the aboms on the right side, pausing long enough to drop out of combat, then killing the other half of the aboms. Back the last abom up to the doors, so that when they swing open, you can immediately push inside, thus avoiding the further scripted parts of the event.

Another note, pets are a bad idea. Even if you're avoiding the mobs, trailing a pet over them will get aggro--basically a pet makes your collision box a lot bigger. Also pets are prone to the repositioning dance, when they and the mobs will go into orbit, trying to get behind each other, and whirl across half the map. Once watched my ghoul engage about 50 mobs this way--worth it once for the lolz.

Final note, if you don't have enchanting yourself, but have a friend who does, see if he'll group with you. He can go about his own business on the other side of the world, but if you leave your setting to Group Loot, then you'll have the option to roll to DE. Your friend in the other zone won't see the message at all, and the enchanting mats will land in your bags. Fantastic way to turn the boss drops into a lot more gold than the vendor value, and saves you inventory space.

Um, i can run this alot faster than this video shows as a retribution paladin at level 72, now hes 80 which changes it from Really easy to God Mode, but im just saying i can do this alot faster, (probably on my warlock to once he hits 80.) So, as i was saying. I agree its better to kill stuff if it aggroes you. Also if your 80 just run from boss to boss, kill it, run inside and drop any aoes you have then they will die extremely fast. doing this you can probably have like a less than a 5 minute run. This should work for every boss fight, including rivendare. Also in the part with the abominations, if your a plate wearer aggro them all and then again use any AoE's and thay should die pretty fast, for casters, Same thing, frost and demonology should help, and if your a priest try to be more careful but should still be pretty fast. Actually hes 74 now ill check if i can do it on him after i get the mount for my paladin. Ill get back to you. (i am aware my sentence structure sucks, live with it.)

Quote Originally Posted by eloshiel View Post
    Um, i can run this alot faster than this video shows as a retribution paladin at level 72, now hes 80 which changes it from Really easy to God Mode, but im just saying i can do this alot faster, (probably on my warlock to once he hits 80.) So, as i was saying. I agree its better to kill stuff if it aggroes you. Also if your 80 just run from boss to boss, kill it, run inside and drop any aoes you have then they will die extremely fast. doing this you can probably have like a less than a 5 minute run. This should work for every boss fight, including rivendare. Also in the part with the abominations, if your a plate wearer aggro them all and then again use any AoE's and thay should die pretty fast, for casters, Same thing, frost and demonology should help, and if your a priest try to be more careful but should still be pretty fast. Actually hes 74 now ill check if i can do it on him after i get the mount for my paladin. Ill get back to you. (i am aware my sentence structure sucks, live with it.)
    OFC you can run it faster, the video is 2 years old.

The problem with this fast run ain't passing mobs now. With this avoid all that is possible tacs the run takes about 6 minutes since timer to kill hostiles apears, than like 2 minutes to get out of stratholme. Anyway you can do only 5 instances per hour, so all you need is do the thing under 12 minutes. Doing it faster won't help because you won't be able to enter instance anyway.

I admit it was usefull while soloing it on level 70, but now it's too easy. Still the mount is still a legend for me and I've been there countless number of times ( just by going there for mount I did grind exalted with Argent Dawn there while on level 70 it was 1 rep point from mob ).

So don't bother yourself with carefull aproach, even nuking half of the mobs in your way you can do it under 12 minutes and that's your real goal beacause of 5 instance per hour limit.

cheers
    Mist

I'm doing this run for rep and the mount, I've found that with the argent dawn trinket equipped you can gather enough emblems you can easily get 1100 rep points per run for the Argent dawn, very profitable And then there is the mount! Who can pass that up? I make this run with my 80 rogue in T10 gear. Like a hot knife through butter!
    Nice video, never knew about the mount. Thanks for the info

Instead of dying and having to take off all your gear.. Just use the Service entrance and run back and forth to reset. Yes it's time consuming, But would you really waste the time to take off your gear; Die with the "7-9k" health you have left and then run all the way back? Especially when the mobs hit for very low. Seems a bit more tedious and time consuming. The Service Entrance is located just right of the Strat Summoning Stone. Use the key to the city; and I think Blacksmiths can use keys as well.)

<3 Gala

Stratholme Baron Rivendare Mount Run

Interesting, seems Tapatalk messed up my post. Equipment manager is your friend though, easily able to set a profile with all of your gear off, and take everything off at once.
    Last edited by Razilius; 09-28-2010 at 06:40 AM.

<JINX> Runetotem-US - 6/8H Recruiting All Classes! - http://jinx.com/guild
    Live Stream - http://twitch.tv/razilius

dont know if anyone awnsered you cuz im deployed and the darn page takes forever to load but yes there is a Mod for the scrolling battletext.. its called Mik's Scrolling Battletext makes life so much easier and can be downloaded from Curse.com

+ Reply to Thread