+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Stratholme Baron Rivendare Mount Run

how much rep points per RC turn in in Ironforge?

addons

hey ciderhelm. first off i love ur movies! lol...but um...i was wondering if you could tell me wat add-ons ur using to show your health and target unit frames like that, and wat add-on ur using to display your health and rage ontop of your bartender bar. if any1 knos that would be great! =)

Horri

Just as a little tip. This is soloable at 70 with a warlock quite easily (any spec) for the first boss killed in this video use a void walker and for the second boss make sure to dismiss pet (at 80 too) since she can mc you and that just wastes time.

Baron Mount Finally

I think I did the Baron Mount run at least over 300 times back in the day with both my warrior and hunter. Since turning lvl 80 as my hunter I can easily run the gauntlet over and over. I take hunter my a different path though. I kill the Banshee first (Melee her one on one) , then run over to the Nerub guy (summon pet for tanking then tell him to stay in the tower while I run to the next boss.), then run through the gate with aspect of the cheetah on so I go straight through and not get stuck inside it. Summon my pet to kill the next boss and kill the guys inside. Tell my pet to stay and re-summon my pet when I get to the abdominals. The Adbominals are the only hard thing thats takes time to kill for me. Now that I see the possible short cut in the video I have a way to speed up that time even more. I did finally get my mount after using Strat as a power leveling zone for my friends, but man... I'll never forget how many times I did that.

Hunter FD is great for this as you can pull as many mobs as you want just make sure to FD in time and in a safe spot. hehe

Thanks for the tips!!!

When i farm it, strange thing always happen. On my way to Nerub'enkan a shade of naxxramas appears yelling "Intruders are here." and alerting all surrounding mobs, that nuke me as soon as the shade yells. Guess the position of these shades can't be tracked, like the ones in naxxramas, but is there anyway to avoid alerting them? As a dk i mean.

Strategy Stratholme Baron Rivendar ... etc

DartH,
    Those are random invisible mobs that randomly spawn throughout the undead areas of Stratholm (both sides). So there is no method to avoid them. Just always keep an eye on your chat log, and the instant you see one shout "the living are here..." find him and kill him quickly. If you don't kill him fast enough two or more gargoyles will spawn and add into the mix.

I forget who asked these questions earlier, but here are some of my answers.

- disease that ghouls put on you (healing effects reduced by 100%, dmg every 8 seconds)
    --This disease can be cured by Jungle Remedy out of Strangle Thorn Vale, human encampment and cave on the north-central edge of zone. Jungle Remedy has a CHANCE to disspell the disease. At lvl 80 (warrior) I haven't gotten the disease nearly as often as I did when I was farming it at 70. But the Jungle Remedy works for diseases up to lvl 60. @ 70 I would carry 20 JR's for a full (both sides) run of strat. Now days I barely use as many as 3.

- first zurgarret on the left as you enter, spider boss.
    -- Free Action Potions are cheap and easy to make, keeps you from getting webbed for 30 seconds. That should be plenty of time to DPS that boss into the ground.

hope that helps
    Edelric

Durability

Hey guys I just did my first mount run no luck but i have a question for you guys. Won't your gear get a durability loss (10%) even if you put it in your bags? Because i took off all my gear and it said your gear suffers a 10% durability loss. So is that just for equipped items or for all?
    Thanks in advance

-am

Equipped items. The only time items in your bag take durability loss is if you spirit rez.

Also, you can keep your rings, trinkets, neck and anything w/o a durability stat on. Just to save time.

ok ty i guess durability loss was from being hit.

Wow, awesome video! When I start getting into farming this, I think I'll have a good shot at being able to get the mount. Is it advised to only run at 80 or could you do it lower without much trouble?

You can do it earlier, but then you need to kill more trash. I could solo it at 70 with my warlock.

Personal best is 38 mins on the timer, or 7 minutes spent between the gate and killing rivendare.

After killing rivendare I usually run back out, kill the skeletons (pala tank ftw, fills my mana back up pretty fast) and run out of the instance. Doing the log out trick seems to net just as long as simply running out of the instance. My tip for the spider is free action potion as a non-paladin, or simply place him between you and the ziggurat door, he will tend to not move away then.

I've done a few Strat full clears recently to farm AD Rep (among other things) on my 77 affliction lock and it was cake. In Northrend blues and a couple Kara non-sets. One big help on the baron fight is when he summons his adds, he will use death pact on them after ten or so seconds, so I'd suggest locks burn them down with shadowflame. even if the damage of the effect doesn't kill them outright the DoT should down them in 1 tick.

If doing a full clear one should expect to walk out with about 75-90 gold in cash(depending on if you shard the bop blues or vend them), 3 righteous orbs maybe 2 boe blues (i managed to get a BoE Epic on my first clear) 30-40 crypt fiend parts and bone fragments and roughly 250 runecloth.

If you have an Argent Dawn commission equipped you should walk out with roughly 80 Minion's Scourgestones, 80-90 Invader's Scourgestones and 8-10 Corruptor's Scourgestones (depending on which rares spawn in your run.) Also note that even at revered the Elites within Strat yield 10 Argent Dawn rep per kill.

Best thing about running for mount is, A:The mount B: Runecloth and C: enchanting basic materials if your a chanter

Since 3.1 you can get to Baron without clearing the Zigs on MOST runs.

I have done 5. On 4 occasions there was a Crate on each side of the gate, that opening also opens the 2 gates to the slaughter house.

With that, Im now getting through this in just under 6 minutes

Very nice video.
    Last edited by Mknzy; 05-09-2009 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalize View Post
    Since 3.1 you can get to Baron without clearing the Zigs on MOST runs.

I have done 5. On 4 occasions there was a Crate on each side of the gate, that opening also opens the 2 gates to the slaughter house.

With that, Im now getting through this in just under 6 minutes
    I can confirm this strategy works, although you may need to open more than two crates on occasion to open the slaughterhouse gates. Even sloppy runs now take under 7 minutes for me.

And I got My mount today....

Woot

First of Cider this is a great video; like all of your videos. Just a piece of information and a question. For those asking questions about the addons Cider uses please visit:
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f211/...formation.html
    FYI he doesn't list it here, but if you notice the second pic shows some boxes of to the left showing the people on his Raid at the time. That addon is called GRID. You can get it from curse. Good luck.

Info:
    Cider I found that you don't have to do all of the other bosses to open the gates to get to Ramstein and the Baron. All you have to do is open two crates that are laying on the floor by Magistrate Barthilas. They have multiple spawn spots, but once you open these (and are occasionally attacked by maggets, etc.) the gates open up granting you access to Ramstein and the Baron.

Question:
    However, I was wondering if the way that I am doing the run has any effect on the mount's drop rate? In other words, do I have to kill the other bosses to have an influence in the mount's drop rate or can I just continue opening crates for access to the Baron?

Dowload link expired

Just wanna let u know that the download link for this movie in the download section is broken

Edit: Works now, ty
    Last edited by joker616; 07-09-2009 at 02:31 AM. Reason: it works ^^

+ Reply to Thread