+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Stratholme Baron Rivendare Mount Run

Is it just me or does cider have a female character as well... something seems off when he posts videos sometimes. The character doesn't look the same.

can anyone clarafy what the drop rate actually is now?

Quote Originally Posted by Szader View Post
    Wait a second... there's now an achievement for getting 100 mounts? What kinds of good things does that have?
    don't quote me on it but i think they added 2 dragon hawk mounts for the mounts achievement

I watched this vid yesterday and it inspired me to give it a serious try. After 4 runs, I had a ridiculous stroke of luck and got the mount~

I heard the drop rate was raised since patch 3.0.2 or something. Checked wowhead and it's 1%, up from .1%, apparently. I don't have any hard proof on this.
    Last edited by Judar; 12-18-2008 at 08:03 PM.

There was a blue post about the droprate.

Great vid.. but for a second I thought it was for the The Culling of Stratholme mount run

Haven't had a chance to really try a speed run for that, but if there's any advice (or video hint hint nudge nudge) I'd like to hear/see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Great vid.. but for a second I thought it was for the The Culling of Stratholme mount run

Haven't had a chance to really try a speed run for that, but if there's any advice (or video hint hint nudge nudge) I'd like to hear/see it.
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f206/...drake-run.html

Just wondering how you got your UI to post the damage on the sides of your toon and not over the mobs. Addon or interface? Also saw it in the Naxx video.....looks like a lot let clutter.

Night Elf's, Shadowmeld is your friend.

Was doing this earlier and running from one Zig to the other, then using shadowmeld to get me out of combat

Great guide!

Never thought of staying inside the last keep after Ramstein, that's gonna save me a lot of time.
    Hope to se a mount soon, I'm doing four runs a day and this damn mount is killing me.
    goof luck yall

Long time watcher first time poster. On a side note, I love your work Ciderhelm.

The drop rate did indeed increase to a flat 1% drop rate now. I got lucky and got it on my 17th kill.

I would like to suggest another way of exiting the instance. After you kill Baron Rivendare you can invite a friend/guildy to your party. When they're in your party, type in the command "/camp". It'll log you out, when you log back in you'll be in front of the instance with it already being rested. It may seem a bit out of the way for your friend/guildy but it sure beats running back :P.
    Last edited by Styth; 12-24-2008 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Anyone got some tips on the spider boss?

She encases me in her webs and runs a few feet, I can get out of there once with my racial, she then encases me again and goes back some more steps, eventually stepping close enough to aggro some mobs. This slows me down and seems unnecessary. She's usually not close enough to charge-break the webs and also my chances of aggroing more mobs by charging into their direction go up.
    Free Action Potion - she won't be able to web you for 30 sec. Should be able to DPS her down in that time. I farmed it for the Valor Legs, not sure why.

Enjoy!

can any chars do this run?? how hard, if they even hit, do they hit on clothies??
    Hope is my armor, faith is my shield, light is my weapon. I am The Tankadin!!!

I'd suggest using the service door for quicker runs. At 80 most of the mobs shouldn't agro if you are at least a little careful with your running paths. Make sure you are careful of those speedy gargoyles, they sneak up on you pretty good. The run I did last night, first time I've been in there since 70, took about 15-20 minutes.

Cool but I still need the Runecloth for Darnassus, Gnomer, and Exodar rep so speed runs meh. I need to kill everything
    ive found that scholo is just as good for this if not better. since theres more mobs that will drop RC versus strat. plus, if you still have the one trinket that shows the ghosts of caer darrow, theres a repair vendor right outside you can visit when your bags get full and you need to repair. i only do strat for compeleting old quests and trying to get the horse.

Got my mount

hey thx ciderhelm after watching your video i was curious about doing the runs, so i went out to stratholme and tried , on my very first run guess what dropped?

yup i got my mount on the first run trying to get it. i feel bad for all the people who had to do countless runs to get there's.
    Just wanted to say thx for peaking my interest in this.
    "I guess you can pound on me while my friends kill you"

every time I run this I get a debuff that reduces healing by 100% and deals damage every few seconds eventually killing me. Anyone know how to avoid this?

Quote Originally Posted by FoldingZebra View Post
    every time I run this I get a debuff that reduces healing by 100% and deals damage every few seconds eventually killing me. Anyone know how to avoid this?
    Don't go anywhere near the first 3 AOE packs in the instance (the ones I avoid at the beginning of this). They are the only groups that can apply the debuff.

Great post Ciderhelm, thanks to you i now have myself Baron's Deathcharger. Its real easy as a Prot Warrior> GL everyone!
    Last edited by LeahMalbar; 01-29-2009 at 08:03 AM.

You should've somehow included that once you got the Key to the city you can go in from the back entrance. That way people only have to deal with that debuff only once anyways.

+ Reply to Thread