+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Stratholme Baron Rivendare Mount Run

Stratholme Baron Rivendare Mount Run

This movie is available for direct download for Donors. Click here to learn more!

Last edited by Aliena; 01-25-2010 at 08:54 AM.

Nice video, I'm going to have to keep that in mind when trying to get the 100 mount acheivement.

Edit: Ha! I just looked at your armory, nice T3.
    Last edited by Gorbachop; 12-15-2008 at 10:23 PM. Reason: armory

Your run seems weird compared to mine.

First of all, after I kill all those abominations or what they're called, it takes quite some time before the door opens and I can kill Ramstein. Then some event starts and ~100 mobs come out of the gate to the left of where you fought your collected abominations.

Then it again takes at least a minute until the door opens and I can kill those 4 people.

I see you charge into the house and fight from there, I guess that skips the event. Will have to try.

Good video.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Your run seems weird compared to mine.

First of all, after I kill all those abominations or what they're called, it takes quite some time before the door opens and I can kill Ramstein. Then some event starts and ~100 mobs come out of the gate to the left of where you fought your collected abominations.

Then it again takes at least a minute until the door opens and I can kill those 4 people.

I see you charge into the house and fight from there, I guess that skips the event. Will have to try.

Good video.
    Yeah, it's an old trick we used to do in the 10/5 man version at 60. Make sure the last abomination dies near the door so you can run in for Ramstein. By keeping all those mobs up you can unequip your gear and just walk outside and you'll get destroyed by them.

There is a bug:

Make sure your instance setting are normal before you enter instance.

I entered on heroic mode, and ofc, game said that there isnt heroic mode of Stratholme, after i switched to normal and proceeded to Slaughter Square and killed abominations - Ramstein didnt go out. Instead part of abominations respawned and Ramstein didnt show at all.

This happened two time to me.

Did they up the drop rate on his mount? Or is it an 'achievement triggered' mount now,

Just curious, (can't see youtube at work, due to my own blocking of it...)

They upped it to 1 in 100 when 3.0 dropped but I thought that they had removed it since wrath. I know I had a guildie who did 1500 runs pre-nerf to get the mount. It would be a shame to have it so easy now compared to the work he put in.

One in 100, sweet.. considering post 3.0 it took like 15 minutes to do (damn gauntlet doors)..

Pre-3.0 he was doing it 9 minutes. I guess after that many runs you get to know the tricks. On a side note he made a killing on shards and weapon coating potions. I think he started Wrath with close to 40k.

Quick UI question: Is it SCT-damage that is consolidating your multi-target damage (e.g. Thunderclap) into one number with the number of hits, etc? Or is that another mod? That would be awesomely useful to have to clean up all the damage spam on my screen without having to turn off the reporting for those attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonekin View Post
    There is a bug:

Make sure your instance setting are normal before you enter instance.

I entered on heroic mode, and ofc, game said that there isnt heroic mode of Stratholme, after i switched to normal and proceeded to Slaughter Square and killed abominations - Ramstein didnt go out. Instead part of abominations respawned and Ramstein didnt show at all.

This happened two time to me.
    Mate had that. GM had to continue the event for him.

Cool but I still need the Runecloth for Darnassus, Gnomer, and Exodar rep so speed runs meh. I need to kill everything.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Thank you Cider very helpful
    Consider the company you're in.....wait....think....Now Post

Quote Originally Posted by Spyre View Post
    Quick UI question: Is it SCT-damage that is consolidating your multi-target damage (e.g. Thunderclap) into one number with the number of hits, etc? Or is that another mod? That would be awesomely useful to have to clean up all the damage spam on my screen without having to turn off the reporting for those attacks.

Last I checked only Mik's Scrolling Battle Text does that.
    Raid leader: "why in the #"# did the tank die?"
    Priest: "his health points reached zero...."

Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Cool but I still need the Runecloth for Darnassus, Gnomer, and Exodar rep so speed runs meh. I need to kill everything.
    If you're farming runecloth, UD side is largely ineffective as the spiders, gargoyles, and possibly the banshees don't drop any. Instead, the Market Row area, between UD and Live, consists of tightly packed groups that you can run through and aoe down. Yeah, I'm sure everyone knows this by now, but just saying that doing a Baron run while farming cloth is nowhere as fruitful as clearing Market Row in 3-4 pulls with 10+ stacks of cloth per instance reset. Sadly, it takes 2-3x as long to loot it all....

Anyone got some tips on the spider boss?

She encases me in her webs and runs a few feet, I can get out of there once with my racial, she then encases me again and goes back some more steps, eventually stepping close enough to aggro some mobs. This slows me down and seems unnecessary. She's usually not close enough to charge-break the webs and also my chances of aggroing more mobs by charging into their direction go up.

spider boss always goes to the same spot after the first wrap, just position yourself far enough away to charge, you should be able to down her before the 2nd wrap.

BTW, is it quickest to get killed and run back as ghost after baron? or just run out?
    Last edited by Dubzil; 12-16-2008 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krynis View Post
    Last I checked only Mik's Scrolling Battle Text does that.
    Parrot has always done it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Parrot has always done it as well.
    Have not used that, good to know.
    Raid leader: "why in the #"# did the tank die?"
    Priest: "his health points reached zero...."

Wait a second... there's now an achievement for getting 100 mounts? What kinds of good things does that have?

+ Reply to Thread