+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Spec discussion - Deep Wounds

Quote Originally Posted by Varagar View Post
    Quick question here. With a 1.6 speed weapon I'm only seeing a 4% DPS increase with Deep Wounds. I assume this scales up with weapon speed, so a 2.6 should give me more like 8-11% increase. I've never really felt a 2.x is for Warriors - does this ability totally change that now?
    Short answer...no. You can find some details and math here: http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f14/4...challenge.html

By 4% DPS increase, do you mean DW is doing 4% of your damage, or 4% more than the 3 points in Cruelty you had? Just checking. Most people claim to see around 9-11% of their damage coming from Deep Wounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenicks View Post
    Short answer...no. You can find some details and math here: http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f14/4...challenge.html

By 4% DPS increase, do you mean DW is doing 4% of your damage, or 4% more than the 3 points in Cruelty you had? Just checking. Most people claim to see around 9-11% of their damage coming from Deep Wounds.
    I tried the DW build last night for my Naxx-10 run and only saw DW accounting for 4-5% as well. Are these 9-11% figures coming from 25-man raids?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Luffie~ View Post
    Are these 9-11% figures coming from 25-man raids?
    For me, yes. I do see a bit lower in 10-mans (~7-9%?). Have all melee buffs in our 25-man raids, except no BoSanc

I even get around 7-8% in 5 mans, so it isn't a huge difference based on group size.
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

I've been getting about 4-5% in 5 mans. I'd guess the amount of crit you have on your gear has some effect...

I mentioned it a little earlier, but a feral druid makes a big difference. An extra 5% crit, and the bleed damage debuff help out a fair amount. That's probably the biggest difference in the contribution that deep wounds makes to peoples DPS.

Instant

Weapon speed doesnt really matter for warrior tanks because almost all of your attacks are instant, so having a slower weapon with a higher base damage would indeed be good for a Deep wounds warrior

on another note

if saving rage is that important why not grab glyph of revenge and not lose any mitigation abilities

and on yet another note, if you have glyph of revenge, imp HS is pointless so might as well throw those points into Iron Will, 20% less time on stun/charm effects can be useful especially in a fight with mobs/bosses that stun and wipe threat or even if the mob stuns and your dps is close on threat...any downtime on you can cause what your tanking to be your groups new best friend

now the problem is....glyph of revenge over glyph of sunder armor/devestate/blocking? not sure yet, but if you are rage starved and like to use HS as more than just a rage burner, maybe give it a shot

and btw this is the spec i am going to be using in our naxx raid tonight, slightly different than the ones posted before

feel free to rip it to shreds. i have 10 hours before raid, hoping for some input before then
    Last edited by Dreadaxe; 12-23-2008 at 08:45 AM. Reason: spelling error

I find glyph of devastate/sunder armor to be of little use. I do not use them and with devastate being lower on the rotation priority list i know it is not what is generating my threat. i have not missed them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadaxe View Post
    Weapon speed doesnt really matter for warrior tanks because almost all of your attacks are instant, so having a slower weapon with a higher base damage would indeed be good for a Deep wounds warrior
    Weapon speed is incredibly important for Warrior tanks. Heroic Strike frequency is determined by your weapon speed...faster is better. I believe somebody did the math on these forums that due to the HS crit talents + base crit + raid buffs, the crits on HS proccing more Deep Wounds outweights the bigger Deep Wounds from a slower weapon speed.

and on yet another note, if you have glyph of revenge, imp HS is pointless so might as well throw those points into Iron Will, 20% less time on stun/charm effects can be useful especially in a fight with mobs/bosses that stun and wipe threat or even if the mob stuns and your dps is close on threat...any downtime on you can cause what your tanking to be your groups new best friend
    Glyph of Revenge makes HS free whenever you pop Revenge...Revenge has a 6 second cooldown. We Heroic Strike alot more than every 6 seconds. Imp Heroic Strike is good.

now the problem is....glyph of revenge over glyph of sunder armor/devestate/blocking? not sure yet, but if you are rage starved and like to use HS as more than just a rage burner, maybe give it a shot
    You should never use Heroic Strike as more than just a rage burner, although that word feels bad. It's not just a way to get rid of rage, it's the best use of it after your GCD abilities, and it's damn good. You can immediately tell the difference between a tank who uses HS whenever possible and those who don't, both in the raid and on the damage meters.

As for Glyph of Devastate, Dev's usually low on my priority list especially at the beginning of a fight...I've considered it, simply to get the Sunders up on the boss faster. It's alot better on trash though. Or any fight where the boss goes out of range/teleports for awhile, and your Sunders will always fall off.

As for your spec Dreadaxe, I would drop your choice of 3 points out of 2/2 Imp Spell Reflect and 3/3 Iron Will to pick up 3/3 Focused Rage. Focused Rage is amazing.

HA

lol thank you very much, you ripped me to shreds and i asked for it

havent spec'd yet as servers arent up but i do believe i will give your suggestions a shot

i really appreciate the input

+ Reply to Thread