+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Naxxramas Grand Widow Faerlina

Naxxramas Grand Widow Faerlina

This movie is available for direct download for Donors. Click here to learn more!

Lower Resolution (Low Bandwidth)
    Last edited by Aliena; 01-25-2010 at 09:50 AM.

Got her last night and initially I figured my tank gear was good enough to fight through the enrage with 2 healers on me exclusively. Nope. It might have been more a function of slow DPS than anything else but she rocked my world. I'll wait and see how Cider's peeps did it before I comment further.

On a side note, it took me 5 minuted to figure out the loot as she dropped "Boots of the Follower" and "Boots of the Worshipper" , both leather, one spellpower and one melee DPS. Oh man, that fried my brain.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Low res version in! Stay tuned for high res.

We downed her on the first try with our Naxx 10 raid Saturday (with, honestly, some really low DPS).

It's a gimmick fight and not much else. If you've got the healing and the tanks to get through the trash to her, and your DPS knows when to switch targets, it's almost trivial to shut down her enrage and poison bolts. We had one of her enrages last for something like two-tenths of a second before the DPS finished off the last add.

Mind you, if you screw up, it's gonna be tough. She DOES hit like a truck when she's enraged. You can afford to kill one add too early, but if you kill two at the wrong time, hope you've got some painkillers.

I take a melee non burst dps - Fury warrior for example and burn the adds all down to about 20k hp, then i have the dps get back on the boss. I will work each add down to 3k hp. then go dps the boss. When she enrages i switch kill and add and go back to boss. I make my OT( a pally) main tank this fight since i can push more dps. The only thing to make sure to do is no aoe. Single target dps, AOE can catch an add and push it over when you need it to stay alive

Ok Confession: I was unaware that there was a range on the 'pacify' thing so I drug her all the way back to a corner and had a DK work them down then whack one when she enraged. Imagine my suprise when this did nothing.

You have to be far enough away to keep your people out of the silence, but close enough to make pulling and add over to sacrifice quick. Especially if the DK's taunt fails and you have to go grab an add yourself, lol.

In other words, I'm talking out of my arse, just do it like Cider does and you win.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Updated w/ YouTube HD.

A few things I noticed:

1) The worshipers on 10-man have a fairly low amount of health, to the point where I called for a burn on the first one to 50%, and it ended up accidentally dying. We use a DK tank on Faerlina, so I found the easiest method (as the OT on the worshipers) was to round up all 4 (see note 2), actually focus on the first one to bring it down (personally focus, not the whole raid damaging it), and then have the DK grip it over and the raid murders it. After the 1st add, I don't do anything other then Holy Shield, rinse repeat with the deathgrip -> murder.

2) Spell interrupts helped me quite a bit on the 25 man version in rounding up the 4 worshipers, since they're all casters. I stood dead center on the green circle and had a mage counterspell each add to me in turn.

In case you want to have her enraged full time anyways, you can keep your raid outside of the room, while a hunter pulls the boss and feign deaths. The boss will reset, but her adds won't - They run through the closed doors and you can kill them at your leisure. After that, pull the boss and Bloodlust, she is basically dead before your and your offtank's cooldowns have run out.

We noticed that on our first clear due to a rogue pulling and vanishing

A nice little tidbit I found out the hard way is even though it's a small amount of dps (and any dps is welcome) a mage should not use mirror image on this fight (10 man, haven't tried on 25). We had all her worshipper's near death and turned our attention to Faerlina and when it came time to death-grip the add to her it was at full health. We wiped and my raid lead starting yelling about me polymorphing the worshippers. Long story short, your mirror images will poly the worshippers. The only thing that saved me is that they polymorph into penguins and I don't have that glyph.

Bug, fail or what?

So we tried the 25 man yesterday. We've downed her 5 times or so in 10 man, and felt pretty prepared. We had 3 priests with us for the MCs!

One priest MC'd on the first pull and Widow's Embrace did not appear on his action bar. We figured this was a Dominos flaw of some kind. We wiped. Another priest tried on the next pull and said that the mob was immune. Third pull we got one and broke a frenzy no problem. Second frenzy also broken no problem. Third frenzy the MC'd mob broke the MC before spell could be cast and then both mobs were immune. Fourth pull (and fifth) mobs were Immune.
    Figuring there was something going on that we didnt anticipate, we quit for the night.
    So, everybody, wassup with that?

the only thing that would cause them to be immune would be if they were MCing the wrong type of mobs there are followers and worshipers make sure they are grabing the right ones.

Help please.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhorg View Post
    So we tried the 25 man yesterday. We've downed her 5 times or so in 10 man, and felt pretty prepared. We had 3 priests with us for the MCs!

One priest MC'd on the first pull and Widow's Embrace did not appear on his action bar.
    We tried the 25 man with one priest for MC. Had the same problem with no new icon or action bar to dispel frenzy. Wiped, priest restarted wow with no add-ons, and it happened again. I do not have a priest pov, so what does the priest need to look for? Such a simple fight to have something like that mess it all up. Had the preparation be there, I am sure we could have not dispelled it.

It is possible for lag/latency to cause problems with "immune", I believe, from what our priests have said that if they MC but move before it is finished, even if it looks finished, it breaks MC cos their character moves and not the mob they were trying to MC, and trying to re-MC causes "immune" messages. Best to MC a little early and have it all steady before running the mob to faerlina. As you say, kinda difficult to know what goes on on a priest's screen, but this is what I gather can happen.
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

Quote Originally Posted by Marotgus View Post
    We tried the 25 man with one priest for MC. Had the same problem with no new icon or action bar to dispel frenzy. Wiped, priest restarted wow with no add-ons, and it happened again. I do not have a priest pov, so what does the priest need to look for? Such a simple fight to have something like that mess it all up. Had the preparation be there, I am sure we could have not dispelled it.
    So 25 man faerlina was attempted again with the same results. The priest says there is nothing that she can use to dispel frenzy. Her husband even looked at her screen during the MC and he says the same thing. Again, all add-ons were off before we even zoned in.

Quote Originally Posted by Marotgus View Post
    So 25 man faerlina was attempted again with the same results. The priest says there is nothing that she can use to dispel frenzy. Her husband even looked at her screen during the MC and he says the same thing. Again, all add-ons were off before we even zoned in.
    There is an ability which sacrifices the mob. When the mob is sacrificed next to Faerlina, the Widow's Embrace becomes active.

You're not looking for an ability to dispel frenzies, you're looking for an ability that kills the mob.

Thanks Cider. The only way you could be any more helpful is to run our raids for us. All is greatly appreciated.

When the priests reconfigured their Action Bar mod (Dominos) it worked much better. I think what was happening to the other mobs, with the immune, was that they were in consecrate or death and decay or had a bleed effect on them that was disabling the MC. We ran into a similar issue on Razuvius. Of course, and as always, it could always be an issue between the chair and the keyboard. . .

Thanks for your input everybody.

So is there someone out there who may have a screenshot of a priest pov with the ability on the action bar (or where ever it may be) so I can try to help my priest get this sacrificing thing down? Getting real old hearing the same thing every attempt, "There is nothing on my action bar".

+ Reply to Thread