+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Druid Spec: Primal precision vs. Infected Wounds

Druid Spec: Primal precision vs. Infected Wounds

Dear all - especially fellow Feral Druids.

My question is a thought I have had about my spec, that I would like to get some input about. I hope this is the right forum to post this in.

My current spec is this:

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

It is a spec that is ment to be good for both tanking and DPSing - maybe a bit more of a tanking spec than a DPS spec. I am aware that I could place points differently, to get a spec that is a master of one of the forms, but I like the ability to adapt to the situations and what is needed in our raids.
    The first thing I would like to hear, is if you have general comments or other things to say about it

Secondly, the only hard choise I had, was between Primal Precision and infected Wounds.
    Primal Precision: This talent was my initial choise, when I made my Wrath lvl. 80 spec. The energy return if my Ferocious Bite fails to land is not that important for me, but 10 expertise is quite good - it is (as far as I know) equal to ~82 Expertise Rating.
    Infected Wounds: The slower attackspeed from bosses is excelent for tanking, and the slowing effect makes it even more nifty. However, when having a Warrior Thunder Clapping, should make the talent obsolete, exept that the reduced movement speed is still nice.

I took Infected Wounds, since it isn't always that we have a Warrior with us when we raid. And my tanking gear at lvl. 80 have quite a chunk of Expertise, so I thought I could live without.

I am looking forward to what you may have to say about my spec

Many hugs

/Tavia

That's an interesting question. My own spec skips OOC atm, has 2 points in bash, kotj & infected wounds. Not sure if I'm a tank or dps spec: I'll dps in raids where I have to, but mostly I tank. I tank 5 mans when not raiding, so I like the wounds & bash. I dont have primal precision, but I like the extra damage from natualist

so.... not sure where that leaves me/the guild/our raids. But its all been a ton of fun, and the only reason we have trouble on any bosses in game is because of noob dpsers in our raids, not eg because the tank is getting parried all the time. Our healers & tanks are mostly very strong. So I dont care if my talents could be optimized better for raid tanking. Until I'm no longer raiding with noobs, it isnt really going to show.
    Last edited by Stearns; 12-15-2008 at 10:20 AM.

Well since you want a comment on your hybrid build, there not much to be said. You have talents to do both tanking and dps. So there is no right or wrong pick. Though, if you want more just a solo dps build, I'd say drop Shredding Attack and put those 2 points into Primal Precision. I'm assuming you are not Hit caped so that will help while soloing. If you are dpsing in instances a lot you can still mangle spam and pull off decent dps.

Your spec looks very solid especially since you are doing a hybrid build. Stick with the infected wounds atleast until you have a warrior guaranteed to be with you everytime, it will reduce your damage taken far more than the increased expertise. I would argue that the points in Shredding Attack are more important than Primal Precision as in raids I find Shred (when used with mangle) increases dps significantly. Only consider dropping SA if you plan on focusing more on tanking, in which case you could also lose points in King of the Jungle.

Your spec is just about the same as mine, except I took out 2 points from improved mangle and put them into primal precision. I've main tanked all bosses execpt Heroic Malygos with that spec.

Thanks for the feedback, all

Very much appreciated

+ Reply to Thread