+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 100% of hits received are blocks

100% of hits received are blocks

100% of hits received are blocks

This is starting to seem pretty realistic as I am gearing up in 25 mans, I have the heroes badge gear trinket and the defenders code which are stacking and putting my dodge up to 39% for 20 seconds of each 2 minutes making it so that only 5% of hits I receive will not block. What do you guys think the best approach is to reach 0% chance to receive non-blocked hits, what is your current chance-to-not-block at?

by my fast calculations using wowhead to check, it seems 50% block is easily obtainable with the highest SBR items from 25mans... witohut sockets or any other avoidance counted, so I don't think the 102.4% should be that hard to hit in t8 tbh.. alltho you'd need to stack SBR items for it...

You can hit 102.4% right now, fully raid buffed, in a specialized gearset.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Here is my avoidance (not taking full hits) right now with a combination of 10/25/heroics gear. Not what I'm always wearing, but most bosses that don't require me to toss some more stamina on, definitely need some better gear, but competing with 2 other plate tanks on drops.

23.63% [dodge]
    18.18% [parry]
    29.71% [block rating]
    5.68% [chance to be missed]
    5.00% [boss miss chance]
    -------------
    82.2% [chance to block or better on every incoming attack]

This is about in line to what I typically see from a boss fight. Most of the time I take a full hit approximately 17% of the time, which I'm going to say is because of raid buffs, trinket use, and some RNG (Random Number Generator). Once I get some more gear I'll probably be getting much more defense rating and block rating, making me able to push these numbers significantly higher.

I can definetly see getting 102.4% avoidance particular with the MASSIVE amount of block rating available on gear, whether this is particular useful with the other stats needed to be given up will depend on just how hard bosses hit and how often they hit.
    Last edited by Parah; 12-14-2008 at 12:47 PM.
    I'm from Onyxia, where trade chat makes you wish you were in the barrens.

Dont forget additional 5% boss miss chance!

I have 21.24% chance to be hit against a 73 right now. Then again I'm not really aiming for it. With some defense gems, the right gear stack and some raid buffs I could see it being hittable now if not very soon.

+ Reply to Thread