Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 10 Man Sartharion with 3 drakes (Video)

Nice video.

Good to see Psamtik is doing well in Premo, really miss raiding with him

Also what program are you using to render the video with for the x264 codec and do you have any links to more information or tutorials for rendering in that codec.

Quote Originally Posted by NinJOu View Post
    Hey Xav,

We tried a caster heavy setup, we ended up giving up due to lack of DPS on the first drake.
    When the third drake was becoming activated, the first one was still up =/

DPS set up was : 2 x SP (they do much more damage than the others atm), mage, warlock.

With a melee heavy setup, we did it within 5 tries.

Are your casters already full 25 man geared ??
    The DPS difference between Physicals and casters is so much important right now =/

I still want to give my casters the chance to get the achievement.
    What DPS difference between casters and physical classes? They both have their advantages and disadvantages on this fight, the only concern is that you have decent / good synergy in your raid.

The casters at the time were fairly 25-man geared, however, I know you can do the 10 man with 3 drakes up with people in say, only the "best in slot 10 man loot". If you notice, we botched our Heroism in the kill in this video, as the Hero went up when Tenebron was around 50%, and we got a 2nd whelp spawn, as opposed to using it much earlier and getting him dead sooner.

If the 3rd drake is landing and Tenebron is still up, the problem is most likely your DPS not knowing how to play Particularly since you mention a shadow priest doing more damage than other casters, I know for a fact your casters don't know what's going on! A shadow priest will only excel on AoE, single-target (important) damage to Tenebron, they won't be that great.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

This fight while seeming very unforgiving does have a bit of room to fudge. The key thing is just to get practice with the fight with a group of people who react well and work together with the expectation that they may end up spending some repairs doing it.

We went with a 3tanks (+1 dk dps who could tank) and 2.5 healers (shadow priest swapped some healing at points) also didn't have perfect raid synergy as we had a rogue amongst the rest of a raid set towards caster synergy. I tanked Sartharion on my DK unholy using a cooldown rotation and called on vent to our pally healer if I was between cooldowns and for how long in case a breath was incoming. He, like many bosses, doesn't breath on a set timer but more of a can breath now time. At one point I caught 2 breaths with one icebound fortitude. Tanking it unholy blowing cooldowns was pretty fun though, and I suggest every deathknight give it a shot.

Very Nice video Xav, nice to see the 10man from a different view.

Quote Originally Posted by Xav View Post
    What DPS difference between casters and physical classes? They both have their advantages and disadvantages on this fight, the only concern is that you have decent / good synergy in your raid.

The casters at the time were fairly 25-man geared, however, I know you can do the 10 man with 3 drakes up with people in say, only the "best in slot 10 man loot". If you notice, we botched our Heroism in the kill in this video, as the Hero went up when Tenebron was around 50%, and we got a 2nd whelp spawn, as opposed to using it much earlier and getting him dead sooner.

If the 3rd drake is landing and Tenebron is still up, the problem is most likely your DPS not knowing how to play Particularly since you mention a shadow priest doing more damage than other casters, I know for a fact your casters don't know what's going on! A shadow priest will only excel on AoE, single-target (important) damage to Tenebron, they won't be that great.
    I know good synergy is mandatory but we don't have any moonkin or elemental shamy right now.

I figured out that single-target DPS on this fight was really much more important than AoE DPS (only really needed on the first spawn of whelps). Thus, i only took one BM Hunter and only CaC, and it went like a charm.

I thought at the beginning that misery + coe was debuffs enough to get enough single-target DPS on the first drake (with a BL and not talented totem of wrath)... FAILED

Maybe you have a WWS record of your kill (video setup) so i can point out their "mistakes" to help them DPS much more like they should ?

Thx !

hmm... i watched some videos of sarth 3d 10-man and 25-man kills. in most of the videos warriors were tanking sarth. but why? i mean druids can easier reach a higher amount of hitpoints and can spec some % of dmgreduction too. we are trying sarth 3d at 25-man atm with a druid tank.
    and @ xav, do you respec for every sarth 3d kill (cause of Damage Shield) or do you have another trick ?

Quote Originally Posted by coree View Post
    hmm... i watched some videos of sarth 3d 10-man and 25-man kills. in most of the videos warriors were tanking sarth. but why? i mean druids can easier reach a higher amount of hitpoints and can spec some % of dmgreduction too. we are trying sarth 3d at 25-man atm with a druid tank.
    and @ xav, do you respec for every sarth 3d kill (cause of Damage Shield) or do you have another trick ?
    If you had actually watched the video, and not just piggybacked onto this thread with your question, you would have known the answer.

I don't tank Sartharion, I tank the drakes. Generally, tanking the drakes is going to require high threat/mobility (at least, our original strat did), and we've stuck with me on drakes since.

In our early 25 man 3 drake kills I was the AoE tank, but we used an entirely different strat altogether (kiting).
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

UI question

Thanks for the vid, great stuff I was hoping I could get the info on your sword and board addon. I've been looking for something much like the one in your video...any help would be appreciated.

Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

I have a lot of trouble turning the drakes in place without them moving, any advice on that? From the video it seems you stand in the center of their hitboxes?

i've read that you did this with a raid geared from 25man loot. Just wondering if anyones done this with only 10man gear? or if not 3drakes up maybe +1/+2?

1 or 2 drake 10 man Sartharion is not a huge issue to be honest if you treat it with some care group-wise. It's ALOT easier than 3 drake both in group-comp, group-gear and group-skill requirements. I don't see an issue clearing these two with 10 man only gear.

Nicely done Xav. Glad to see Premo still rockin it. Hope your new server is treating you better then old Alleria's lagship. Keep kickin butt, and good luck in upcoming patches!

Quote Originally Posted by zeruvar View Post
    i've read that you did this with a raid geared from 25man loot. Just wondering if anyones done this with only 10man gear? or if not 3drakes up maybe +1/+2?
    Yeah, we just did +1 10-man last night with my guild and no one is epic'd out from 10-man even. Didn't have much problems with it either. We're gonna go for +2 next.