+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New (yet boring) Tanking Enchants

New (yet boring) Tanking Enchants

Along with the new PTR comes new content. Seems a weapon enchant called Titanguard has been found as well as some other nice enchants.

Here

Not quite as magical as Mongoose, Executioner, or even Deathfrost, but it seems Titanguard is gonna be the tanking enchant of choice for a while.

As for the Block Value Blacksmithing enchant I feel underwhelmed. With the massive block values and critical block for us Warriors I would much rather have a block rating enchant. Threat is good but I rarely find it an issue to enchant in that direction.

Yeah. I would have preferred something more fun that perhaps involved a proc, but I'm still excited about the 75 stam enchant.

The 40 stam to bracers is amazing as well

I think the 40stam bracers enchant is just neccessary to fix the huge gap between the old 12stam enchant and the LW +90 stam enchant.
    This makes other professions more viable for tanks imo.

75 stamina on weapon is still pretty awesome, personally i prefer non-proc enchants and with the change of exec. mongoose is the only proc enchant for tanks in-game.

Well Executioner is (was) a good proc based tank enchant for those guilds that had
    dps that liked to edge up on the tanks threat generation (especially those crazy PUG
    dpsers LOL), but since threat is almost a non issue in LK, and executioner is getting
    changed to armor pen, then yeah mongoose is the only proc based enchant to get. I
    also preffer enchants with static statistics over proc based enchants because I have
    had extremely bad luck in the past with strings of "no-procs". So I will be getting
    titanguard on the weapon. I really don't know how I feel about them adding shield
    block value as a blacksmith item. Blacksmithing needs to get a rework IMO, I would like
    to see armorsmiths and weaponsmiths get some love again (like give us the ability to
    fix our own armor and weapons, KKTHX.) There are other enchants that I am going to
    want to put on my shield, so this will most likely not make its way on there, at least
    not at my current gear stage.
    Last edited by Crash; 12-13-2008 at 09:03 AM.

I'd like to see some sort of thing like rune forging for weaponsmiths and armorsmiths. Along the lines of profession spec. based bop enchants.

are the enchants recipes or trained? or do you know

Quote Originally Posted by delix View Post
    mongoose is the only proc enchant for tanks in-game.
    *cough*Crusader*cough*

As far as I know about the Stam on bracers and Titanguard they are traded for abyss crystals in dalaran

*cough*Crusader*cough*
    yeah, except crusader has a decreased effect for players above lvl 60.

I think he was being silly =D But yeah crusader was the shiznit back in the day. I still have my Quel in the bank with crusader on it lol. funny I couldn't bring myself to get rid of it, but I got rid of all my bwl and naxx (old world) weapons haha.

Boring is good. Boring is reliable. I could not be any more pleased with the 75 stamina enchant.

At first I was kind of keen on the Block Value blacksmithing enchant, but I came to the same conclusion most of the folks in this thread did; that is, it's not really that great for tanking. Might be nice for a Prot. warrior grinding, questing, or PvPing, but otherwise it doesn't really seem worth it.

That being said, what options are we left with for shield enchants? The +20 def enchant is, of course, nice, but what if we're already at or above the Def cap? I'd like to inquire about just how hard that cap is and how steep the diminishing returns are, but I suppose that's a topic for another thread.

540 defense is a minimum, not a cap.

Yeah, pound for pound, the defense enchant to shield is going to be much better than anything else you can put there.

I could see going with block value if you were already comfortably uncrittable AND you didn't main-tank raids much. In encounters that don't need an off-tank, it'll help the DPS some. You could always swap the defense enchant in if you needed a gear change that dropped your defense a bit low.

I think the 40 BV BS enchant will look quite nice on my The Skull of Ruin - Item - World of Warcraft. I have two other epic shields with defense on them already.

That would be great for a SBV set, which is always handy to have around, but I think the Defense rating enchant is going to be my enchantment of choice until they come out with something that blows me away.

Quote Originally Posted by Malignus View Post
    540 defense is a minimum, not a cap.
    That is an important distinction I've been in error on. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    I think he was being silly =D But yeah crusader was the shiznit back in the day. I still have my Quel in the bank with crusader on it lol. funny I couldn't bring myself to get rid of it, but I got rid of all my bwl and naxx (old world) weapons haha.
    I did the same have my Quel'serar in one bank slot sitting next to my Thundefury.

Can't seem to let either of them go..=[.

Elio
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Epeen, Blessed Stage Prop of Awesome Screenshots rides shotgun in my backback for first boss kills and what not.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

i would like to see the mats for these, any one have any word?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreg View Post
    i would like to see the mats for these, any one have any word?
    Enchant Weapon - Titanguard: 12 Dream Shards (Pattern is 5 Abyss Crystals)
    Enchant Bracers - Mighty Stamina: 4 Dream Shards, 4 Greater Cosmic Essences, 4 Abyss Crystals (Pattern is 5 Abyss Crystals)

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/3...8201543fd6.jpg
    http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/118...8201546qo1.jpg

+ Reply to Thread