+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Expertise

Expertise

After getting the neck and trink, I'm at the point of getting the t7 chest piece (lost every roll) from badges which will replace the Wyrmrest one. Yet another piece of gear replacing something with expertise on it. Is it something that'll catch up with me or besides the food or elixir should i worry about it?

Well experties reduces the chance to be parried, which for tanks is great because your not causing the boss to get a 40% haste on their next swing by them parring you. For melee dps, this means that your being dodged less so hits are landing more. Hit only reduces your miss not being dodged or parried. Thats where expertise comes in. If your not tanking, you might not need to worry about it as much but for me, DW tanking, the more I can get the better.

There's not a lot of expertise going around on most of the epic gear. Just of the top of my head:

Gloves (T7 ~30exp, Horn Tipped Gauntlets 67exp)
    Chest from Malygos25 (I think)
    Chest from Sapph10 - Skeletal Ribcage
    Shield from Malygos

There's a nice trinket someone linked me with about 60 expertise and an on-use haste effect that might be a worthy upgrade from the old Shard of Contempt - can't remember where it came from.

I'm trying to run with as close to 26 skill as I can, using the 40exp/40stam food.

There's +15 expertise enchants to gloves and bracers as well, which aren't bad considering the alternative options, particularly for bracers (+6 stats, +12 stam or +15 expertise)

I just had the expertise enchants added to my gloves and bracers last night. I think it helps with threat significantly while reducing incoming damage by removing the attack speed increase on next attack after a parry as Blueduck mentioned.

Thaddus 25 drops Expertise boots. Sabatons of Endurance - Item - World of Warcraft

Thanks for the responses. I'm just trying to decide to wether or not the t7 chest is that great of an upgrade at the expense of the expertise on the Wyrmrest one. I'm thinking I'll wait for the one with expertise to drop and try to get set bonuses off other pieces.

I have the gloves, I have the bracers chanted with expertise and I can change the glove chant. I also eat the food and use the elixirs and I get up to where I should be, just confused as I continue my progression as the gear that I have been getting has been short this one important stat. Hopefully, I can get some 25 gear soon but I'm not in a situation of progression as some others are and it's going to be a little longer for me. Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread