+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help with spec, but with a catch

Need help with spec, but with a catch

Ok, at the moment i'm a custom made Frost AoE duel wield death knight tank, it works well because im hard to kill and alot of aoe power, but i cannot get enough threat to keep above everyone, i need to be AoE because my guild has no proper aoe tanks,
    So i am wondering if you lot from here could help me abit and make me a new 1? i need a few specific things tho otherwise i cannot be a brilliant aoe tank

I need:-
    Duelweild improve
    Improved icytalons
    Runic power magestry
    Lichborne
    Deathchill
    Howling blast
    Unbreakable armor
    Acclimation
    Frost strike
    Hungering cold
    Mobiltiy
    Corps explosion
    And all the obvious tank things needed

I know its a hard spec to work out, i thought i did well with this one but it is too low on threat for me to tank well, i can tank well if there is no: Mages, Warlocks, Shamans and warriors in the group
    unfortuneatly my guild is full of these so i need threatm fast

This is my armory link so you know what my spec acturally is now:

The World of Warcraft Armory

I hope you can help me

-Silent

Okay, what's your rotation, as it could be a problem there? And to be honest I think you've got a bit of AoE overkill, I get along fine with D&D and Hungering Cold, maybe you could get some more single-target talents in there, or unless you really love DW, switch to a 2hander, as I'm not as well geared as you, I'm mainly Frost with some points in Blood and a few in UH and my threat is fine. It might also be that a lot of your attacks are getting parried/missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dril View Post
    Okay, what's your rotation, as it could be a problem there? And to be honest I think you've got a bit of AoE overkill, I get along fine with D&D and Hungering Cold, maybe you could get some more single-target talents in there, or unless you really love DW, switch to a 2hander, as I'm not as well geared as you, I'm mainly Frost with some points in Blood and a few in UH and my threat is fine. It might also be that a lot of your attacks are getting parried/missing.

I have found some probs, just a few bugs depending on the group set up, cant wait til 3.0.8 since there sorting this bugg, managed to MT Sarph today it is quite easy exept i needed a few secs to make threat, but im still sorting it out abit, 2bh, i can hold threat just need a min

Also about the DW, if i lose it i lose def cap, but until i get a tank 2H im staying DW since its the only type of tank wep i can get my hands on atm,

Im not getting parryed or missed, only once every like 500 attacks. alot of people have compltmented me on my spec because alot of them cant hold aggro because of the lack of aoe! so i think im going to stay this for awhile

+ Reply to Thread