+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CoH, Wild Growth, and the 3.08 PTR

CoH, Wild Growth, and the 3.08 PTR

Circle of Healing and Wild Growth are getting a 6 second cooldown on the 3.08 PTR.

WoW -> Test Realm Patch Notes
    [Insert witty signature here]

Makes sense. Penance has an 8 sec cooldown fully talented and it's almost always there when I need it. CoH every four global cooldowns should be fine.

My wife is a tree druid and is not happy with the six second cooldown change. I guess that she will have to adapt and overcome once the patch goes live if it is still in there.

I'm a tree. The only reason I can see the CD being annoying is with 25m raids where you can't click and spam on different mini groups during raidwide AoE damage. Other than that.. not really any reason to spam it more than every 6 seconds. I do think it needed the cooldown, Druids (resto) don't really have a lot to complain about; I am almost always on top of the heal charts. My biggest competition were shammy's pre-wrath, but I actually think they're a bit underpowered from what I've seen lately. Could just be a gearing issue though.

This hurts bad healers more than good ones. I am in favor of the changes. Tree druids scale by far the poorest of the healers due to crit and haste being poor stats for them lythyum. Expect to drop in your guilds heal charts the further you progress into 25 mans.

Crit effects a small portion of a druids healing arsenal making it a lackluster stat. Haste caps at 350 which is terribly easy to hit due to GotEM accounting for 700 free haste.

Nearly every single piece of caster gear (well over 90%) that haste spirit also has either crit or haste on it. That leaves us in the dust in 25 man gears. The remaining gear has spirit and mp5 which scales poorly with us caus extra spirit is obviously better than mp5 and the sole purpose of this gear is more mana regen when we dont have mana problems and other healers are gearing with things that actually increase their healing per second instead of longevity.

Blizzard really messed us over when they made afflict locks and spriests scale with crit and left the resto druids behind.

Very good point ^^. I focus on stacking spirit more than anything. Many of the intended healing leather has +mp5 and haste rather than +spirit, it's kind of annoying. I have less crit than any of the other healers in my guild (minus the other druids).

I am also stacking spirit tho I am some gems like 7 spell power 6 spirit with is a green one but i haven't seen the blue one of it yet. So now i am stuck with either 16 spirit or 9 spell power 3mp5 with i don't realy like because of the scaling with my clearcasting talent's,inner focus.

+ Reply to Thread