+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Arcane-Shielded Helm vs. Tempered Titansteel Helm

Well I guess its a good think I've been saving all these titansteel bars. That helm is going to be pretty sweet if those changes go into effect.

Oh snap, that's hot. I guess I can hold off on gemming up the ASH now.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

So now that the PTR is updated to 3.0.8 can anyone confirm for certain the changes to the tempered titansteel helm?> Not a quote from a player, but real evidence.

If this goes into effect this may be the end of my Engineering career. I'm already 450bs so i'd drop eng for mining again i guess if this happens. (and eng goggles don't get buffed)

I was lucky enough to get the ASH to drop in heroic Nexus two days ago. Wasn't even looking for it...was aware of its existence, but somehow had gotten H-Nex and H-Oculus mixed up as its source.

So am pretty happy with it. I had been saving up some mats toward the Titansteel...I suppose I will continue to do so, but has made that particular effort a lower priority at least.

One interesting point...if/when the Titansteel meta/blue sockets go live, I wonder if they will show up on the helms that have *already* been crafted...if so, I might go ahead and get one made now. Otherwise, will just hold onto the mats.

I was lucky enough to get the ASH last night. I was originally gonna grind the Gundrak hat since I'm lacking defense at the moment. But I think ASH fills my needs until I get an epic hat.

I was never high on the Tempered Titansteel Helm due to it's very vanilla stats, high cost and lack of gem slots. Well now that it's getting gem slots and mat costs are coming down in general I may revisit this one. Well PTR -> live usually takes a few weeks, hopefully I get an epic before then, so I won't have people telling me to buy it =X.

Quote Originally Posted by Junkyard View Post
    So now that the PTR is updated to 3.0.8 can anyone confirm for certain the changes to the tempered titansteel helm?> Not a quote from a player, but real evidence.
    Confirmed:

I'm logged into the PTR as I type this, and the sockets are there.

wow.. sockets make a world of difference. Anyone on see if the goggles have changed either?

The damn thing is still ugly as sin, but I'm saving mats for it just the same...

I think Wilhelm was quoted as saying the gem bonus was +6 defense it's actually +8. I made the helm a couple days ago, and am just waiting for the update. On a side note a guildie was lucky enough to have Wapach's Spaulders of Solidarity drop, and gave them to me. The helm, and those shoulders match very nicely, and the expertise on them is hawt!
    Last edited by Junkyard; 12-22-2008 at 08:25 AM.

52 stamina and 2% more armor then 8 def rating......makes this a fantastic tanking helm. I would not be shocked to see them reduce the base stats before this hits live but this is now going to be a strong item into T8 content and cross alot of helms off my wish list.

I don't care if its ugly, I /hide helm all the time anyway. I just hope the patch comes soon....like this week would be nice.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Like Horacio says, this makes this helm so much more attractive! I bit the bullet and spent 1900 gold powering my Blacksmithing from 275 to 441 this weekend, and it's SO good to have this helm, my sockets, belt buckle, (already bought the sword and weapon chain on AH), and to give buckles to guildies (will be a Christmas present for each guildie as soon as I get a little bit of gold back)!

I haven't compared stats (and don't know how to do the math yet)... will these slots (properly gemmed) make this better than heroic helms? How about Naxx helms? It'd be nice to see someone reflect these changes in the ranked gear lists to see where it falls and how many helms I can cross off my wish list.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendo View Post

I haven't compared stats (and don't know how to do the math yet)... will these slots (properly gemmed) make this better than heroic helms? How about Naxx helms? It'd be nice to see someone reflect these changes in the ranked gear lists to see where it falls and how many helms I can cross off my wish list.
    I am not sure where it will be ranked after the changes, but it is the highest stam helm in game after these changes. With the correct gems and enchant it = 255 stam. I think it actually has the highest possible stam in game of any item once this goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post

I don't care if its ugly, I /hide helm all the time anyway. I just hope the patch comes soon....like this week would be nice.
    i certainly hope they don't attempt a patch 2 days before christmas and well into the holiday vacation season. I hope tuesday is simply a rolling restart myself.

I severely look forward to the updates, but i'd rather play than worry about changes mid week during holiday

Quote Originally Posted by blahism View Post
    i certainly hope they don't attempt a patch 2 days before christmas and well into the holiday vacation season. I hope tuesday is simply a rolling restart myself.

I severely look forward to the updates, but i'd rather play than worry about changes mid week during holiday
    Before this year I'd agree with you, but didn't they roll out a patch on Veteran's Day? They were down for two days with that one. Proper foresight seems to not be Blizzard's forte this time around.

There will be changes to all the Titansteel Helms. I have been wearing my tempered since I hit 80, even after getting the Arcane Shielded helm. I have never needed defense due to so many crafter pieces being +def heavy. If you weren't concerned with having a Tempered Titansteel Helm, you had better be now.

+ Reply to Thread