+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Emblems of Heroism in 3.1

Quote Originally Posted by soliduck View Post
    I don't know about you, but we started running Kara again when the Sunwell badge loot came out.
    This

While not all bad, running the same stuff till doomsday for the sake of badges to get the latest shiny in the game sucks.

With the 45thousandmillion new DKs tanks there may not be a tank shortage for these runs at least. At the end of TBC I knew people with well over 600 badges worth of gear and gems, which is anything but "casual" considering they replaced probably 200-300 badges worth of gear in 2.4.

Only way I see a different quality of badge happening if Blizzard adds more 5 mans.

I would not be that pissed off if they introduced a couple of new 5 man instances that are heroic difficulty only dungeons that are extremely challenging content that really test the coordination and skills of your 5 man team. Have them drop a limited number of Valor emblems. That way, the better quality badge gear is available but without running ridiculously easy content like Violet Hold over and over.

Or, you could increase the quality of the Valor emblem gear to ilvl 226, and make ilvl 213s available for various combinations of the two badges, i.e., 10 valor emblems and 40 heroism emblems for a piece.

I'm sure there are flaws with these, but off the top of my head there's a million solutions beyond releasing high tier content for heroic level badges.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Grimace View Post
    Or, you could increase the quality of the Valor emblem gear to ilvl 226, and make ilvl 213s available for various combinations of the two badges, i.e., 10 valor emblems and 40 heroism emblems for a piece.
    Perhaps like this, except they just make all the i213 valor gear now obtainable with the heroism emblems, and then take all the new i226 emblem gear and make it only obtainable by valor tokens. They could then choose to either leave the system the same (heroics and 10 mans drop heroism emblems, 25 mans drop valor) or just flip naxx25 to drop heroism like the 10 mans.

That way the 5 man heroic and 10 man raiders get access to the better gear, but a few months behind the 25 man raiders, and the 25 man raiders get new stuff to spend on their more valuable valor tokens. Also this would give you something to do with those tokens that you are going to amass just from running instances normally for gear.

I like running 5 mans for badges, but I'm just about done with what I want with the current heroism reward list. If these rewards don't get refreshed WotLK 5 man heroics are going to fall by the wayside like vanilla wow's 5 man instances. We are only going to run them from time to time to run someone's alts for drops and PuGs are going to be impossible to form after a while. Adding new loot to the old token rewards is what keeps people going back to those instances.

That makes no sense because you're going to make all the i200 items completely obsolete. The only way it would make sense was if the i213 stuff was much more expensive, like 50% more in badge price (80 emblems for Heroes, 120 for Valourous)

I still prefer having a new 226 token. This keeps things in order, each emblem representing an i-level. There's no reason why i200 items should be made obsolete so quickly. There shouldn't be a repeat of TBC's Sunwell badge items; that was clearly done because of the lack of proper 10-man progression and Blizzard wanting people to see Zul'Aman and Sunwell content. But for wrath, people straight out of heroics shouldn't be bypassing Naxx to do Ulduar. There are plenty of ways to gear up through progression, 25 Sartharion and Archavon are easily puggable.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    progression and Blizzard wanting people to see Zul'Aman and Sunwell content. But for wrath, people straight out of heroics shouldn't be bypassing Naxx to do Ulduar. There are plenty of ways to gear up through progression, 25 Sartharion and Archavon are easily puggable.
    You do realize that these 25 mans only drop 3 pieces of gear once a week that 25 people would (and do) fight over correct? And the 3 pieces of gear usually cover 3 classes (for 25 mans). The odds of gearing up in Arch and Sarth are stacked against you.

I say come out with badge gear, keep heroics alive and kicking and let the casual players who dedicate the time get the gear.

Its a game, let people play and enjoy the content. Not everyone is able to dedicate to full raid schedules but if they can run heroics enough to gear up to maybe get one week into a raid then more power to them!

If you are a fresh 80 and doing heroics, you should not be skipping straight into Ulduar through buying Valor pieces. You SHOULD be doing Naxx; or in the very least be carried into Ulduar by over-geared people. The Naxx content is still fairly fresh and if you want to stay competitive, you have to put in the time. It shouldn't be handed to you on a silver platter because you got to wait a couple months into the game while everybody else worked. If this is the way it's going to be, why would you not save heroic emblems and wait till IceCrown patch comes out to get T8?

Blizzard was thinking of making Hero Emblems convertable to Valor Emblems at a 10:1 rate, but even then they said it was not good considering the ease of getting Heroic badges currently.

I wouldn't mind if sometime long after Ulduar is set on farm by most guilds they have some conversion rating for hero emblems to buy T8.5 equivalents to gear for IceCrown (Ala Isle epics to prep for Sunwell) but this is way too early in the game to do that.

+ Reply to Thread