+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Emblems of Heroism in 3.1

Emblems of Heroism in 3.1

Does anyone know whats going to happen to Emblems of Heroism / Emblems of Valor in 3.1, when the next raid insance Ulduar is released?

Will additional items be added to the emblem vendors?

Will these two types of emblems continue to drop in 10/25 Ulduar?

Will the farming of Heroics continue until the end of WotLK like it did in BC?

we will probably be buying gems with em in a few months

I hope blizzard scales the gear with content.

- T7 Normal - Emblem of Heroism
    - T7 Heroic - Emblem of Valor
    - T8 Normal - Emblems of [T8 Normal]
    - T8 Heroic - Emblems of [T8 Heroic]

…and so forth. A issue with TBC was you could get badge loot that was equal to end-game at the time. That just felt very strange to me.

I would however not dissage with them putting MORE badge loot there given it keeps the item level 200. Badges can only take you so far (still much further than at the launch of TBC).

I also hope things like gems, if epic version can be bought in the future with some kind of badge-reward, that they make them higher-game only. Again, keep the loot on par with the level of play you are on.

What about the possibility of buying 1 'new' badget with 2 'old' badges? So new items cost effectively double the number of emblems of heroism

I'd say 5:1 or 10:1 or something then, at least.

The Valor gear at the moment is extremely good. It would be odd if farming heroics was more effective gear-up than running 25 mans.

The idea behind the original badges was that you could get a leg up on raiding without running through all the old content - i.e. you didn't have to put together a full set of T4 if you joined a guild that was running BT every week. Spend some badges, get enough gear so that you're not a totally dead spot in the lineup, raid with people.

If they drop TOO much good gear TOO fast, then all your heroics turn into badge farms early on, and that's no good.

Probably they'll just do what they did in the last expansion - release additional "tiers" of badge gear, but at an increased cost in the number of badges. Instead of 25 or 30 or 40 badges, you'll be looking at 75 or 100. Though probably they'll first resort to making additional badge pieces available for slots that don't currently have one...

You don't want to put in entirely new classes of badge, because that makes people feel like they have to farm them from where they drop (presumably, in new raid content.) The entire point was to prevent guilds from feeling like they "had" to continually re-clear old content to gear people up. On the other hand, it quickly gets to the point where the cost starts getting prohibitive, so it's not like people are going to gear up from badges alone right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakki View Post
    The entire point was to prevent guilds from feeling like they "had" to continually re-clear old content to gear people up.
    I don't know about you, but we started running Kara again when the Sunwell badge loot came out.

Since TBC times,blizzard wanted to create game more casual friendly.
    In TBC:
    T4 content come`s up,Serius Raid Guilds clear them,and get T4 loot,while casuals can get badges from HC`s and get PRE-T4 gear without a need to sit at PC 4/5 days a week.
    After few months T5 content is released,and T4 quality stuf is dropped on badges.
    Agin after few months T6 is released,and T5 quality stuf is available from badge vendors.
    At the very last addition few of new badge rewards was quita close to T6.
    Everyone was happy,including casuals.

In wotlk blizzard made a big mess,made is so easy to get gear that some of raid guilds was farming full 25man content like 2 weeks after WOTLK release,not to speak about Tier set parts being put on badges.

I doubt that there will be new type of badges,i think it will stay the same as it is naw,and blizzard will follow the same badge/raid content formula as thei did in TBC.

There will be new badges. There already are new badges. They're called Emblems of Valor.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Emblems of Valor are the 25 man Badges, or are you saying you think that all content past T7, both 10 and 25 man will drop EoV's?

I like what they are doing with badge items now in that they do not offer a badge piece for every armor slot. I hope they release even better badge gear, but not for different slots. This lets anyone get some amazing gear by farming heroics, but prevents anyone from totally gearing out using an easy-mode method. For example, you can could get T8 gloves chest and belt, but if that's the only pieces of T8 gear you have you not going to able to compete with a crew that's actually running T8 content and fully geared in T8 gear. I seriously doubt this is how it will work, but I like the concept.

Well, 10 man T8 may drop Valor, since it's supposedly going to be the same ilvl stuff as T7.25. (213)

Then there may be a new badge that covers T8.25 and T9.10.

They will probably add new heroism/valor stuff as time goes on. As Naxx becomes outmoded, they'll allow you to gear past it without going in it. It's 'progression' for the casuals who don't raid, but like to do heroics with friends, and they get to gear past Naxx long after the raiders have left it behind, so no one loses anything, unless maybe someone gets upset over a 5-man person having 'their' gear 6-9 months after they got it. Pfft. Life's too short for that crap.

Edit: to be clear, I think Heroism will remain ilvl 200 stuff, and valor ilvl 213 stuff, but they may make a lot more of it avail with badges down the road several months. Might even see all of T7.10 available for badges a year from now. Who knows? I think any higher ilvl stuff will show up on the appropriate badge 'tier'
    Last edited by mavfin; 12-19-2008 at 09:38 AM.

I certainly hope they don't come out with another emblem/badge for 3.1 content. That would seriously suck. Who cares if people can run heroics to get higher gear. Infact, more power to them. It takes 15-25 runs of heroics to get Sunwell gear - thats a lot of dedication. Some tier wearing folks walk into a 25 man once and get gear. Do they simply deserve it more? NO

Quote Originally Posted by blahism View Post
    I certainly hope they don't come out with another emblem/badge for 3.1 content. That would seriously suck. Who cares if people can run heroics to get higher gear. Infact, more power to them. It takes 15-25 runs of heroics to get Sunwell gear - thats a lot of dedication. Some tier wearing folks walk into a 25 man once and get gear. Do they simply deserve it more? NO
    Who cares? The people that are doing the higher tier raiding will care. 15-25 runs of a heroic means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xav View Post
    There will be new badges. There already are new badges. They're called Emblems of Valor.
    I believe he means badges you can get in 5 mans.

After careful consideration, I think this is the way they'll do it.

Heroics + Naxx10 = Emblem of Heroism
    Naxx25 = Emblem of Valor
    Ulduur10 = Emblem of Valor
    Ulduur25 = Emblem of "Courage" (or something along that lines)

Cause after all, they won't be doing a huge jump from 10 man to 10 man so it's very likely the items will just go from 200 to 213 and that 25s will go from 213 to 226. This would also ensure that 10 man folk actually got to buy the Valor pieces and that those pieces would also be useful to them. (doesn't make sense to give them access to them and then make a bunch of 226 10-man loot that blows them away)

Quote Originally Posted by veneretio View Post
    Naxx25 = Emblem of Valor
    Before WotLK came out, I think their claimed goal was that 10-person raid would be considered one tier behind the 25-person raid. That is in-keeping with your idea above.

Technically 10-man Ulduar gear will be equivalent to 25-man Naxx gear, right?

So I'm guessing the 10-man Ulduar content will offer current 25-man options as well?

It's also possible that they may release some new 5-mans in the content patches that are more tightly tuned, and have their heroics drop Valor, for instance. Not something they've done in the past, but, with the way they are taking things, I think it's a real possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenicks View Post
    Who cares? The people that are doing the higher tier raiding will care. 15-25 runs of a heroic means nothing.
    whatever, Tell that to the other 9.9 million people who you wouldn't consider "higher tier raiders"

Quote Originally Posted by veneretio View Post
    Naxx25 = Emblem of Valor
    This makes a lot of sense. It lets "everyone" get the high end gear eventually. The heroic raiders act as billboards for the upgrades casual players want. Next content patch: Now that heroic gear is avalible to the casual and they start seeing the new stuff on the "billboards."

+ Reply to Thread