+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Defence vs Parry vs Dodge

Defence vs Parry vs Dodge

ok iam a Prot Pally/JC and i get a few 27+ gems.... right now i have enough tokens for my first one, i got defence at 544 / health at 26.5k .... but my avoidance is like 20% under what it should be...its like 19/16/12 ... anyway i got a choice between +27 defence +27 Parry or +27 Dodge .... which of them should i get first? which gives me more avoidance Pure Defence, Pure Parry, or Pure Dodge .... i know defence gives all 3 but how does the math work? i know i get a 5% bonus to parry and dodge from talents .......

Pharoh

I bought my +defense gem first in order to free up gearing options and got +41 stam next.

I go with the defense because it makes upgrading a lot easier(many upgrades will lower your defense) and it is nearly as much avoidance as pure dodge plus provides some block. I am not going ot use a dodge or parry gem until I finish my last little bit of 'uncrushable'.

the last gems I would buy are the dodge/defense ones. Use the defense gems at first to open up gearing options, and once that is no longer needed, go with 41 stamina.

+ Reply to Thread