+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Out-of-date info on EJ DK Tank OP

Out-of-date info on EJ DK Tank OP

The original post has out of date information. If you (like me) had relied on it, you should reassess your view. I remember now why I stopped going to EJ.

Here's the EJ thread with my reply there.

The OP says 'auto attack talents are bad for tanks because Rune Strike cannot proc them' but in fact that's been proven false.

Here Bucknasty and Mild Confusion confirms KM procs from Rune Strike
    Here Faight confirms Necrosis procs from Rune Strike

I wouldn't judge the whole site based on mistakes in one thread about a new class. I prefer Tankspot because of the more laid back attitude towards posting but on the whole I've found the stuff posted there to be very useful and informative (and pretty much solely responsible for my ability to play the rogue class XD). EJ posters are still human and they do make mistakes and forget to update things.

Nice find though despite the fact that I don't play a DK.
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

Oh my OP wasn't clear about why I don't like EJ - it's not about information accuracy - it's about how extremely hard it is to find anything there. Trawling over 35+ pages on a small thread to work out the latest knowledge is painful.

I can sympathise with you there. While I was trying to learn to play my rogue effectively and again while I was reading up on the early incarnations of Titan's Grip I spent ages trawling through pages and pages of stuff to get at the useful bits. That's why I really appreciate the Tankspot library (and Project Marmot, those videos are great)
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

Elitist Jerks is a forum for their active members, thats their target audiance. Experts sharing information with experts. Some threads are maintained as a reference - the wiiki for example but most "normal" players are much better served by tankspot or sites that maintain specific guides.

You can bet your bottom dollar that many of the members here keep up on those 192 page threads at EJ - there just is no other source for that much wow info.

Yeah, I am pretty sure that the EJ site isn't intended to be a place where you can go easily find information, though I know a few people try to make that better by doing summary OPs for some threads. Still, it seems to be mostly a discussion board for theory and not so much a library.

EJ is intended for people that read their pertinent threads thoroughly and keep up with the thread on an almost daily basis.
    Either play to win, or shut up and lose.

I don't see why Tankspot needs a thread about the qualities of a completely unrelated website.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Thanks for the update! And lore, some of us (well, i know for myself) use multiple sources of info. EJ is ussually a good source, but yeah there DK tanking threat needs to be saved. Good thing TS is still here and my best resource :P
    I cast the spells that make the people fall over.

I didn't want this thread to derail into discussion on merits or otherwise of EJ.

It was to highlight an important bit of misinformation that has spread from EJ to many other areas, and - most importantly - to draw people's attention to the facts as they actually are, about auto-attack talents interaction with RS.

+ Reply to Thread