+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DK Glyphs

DK Glyphs

Nothing really jumps off the list and grabs my attention... Not that there aren't some decent candidates: glyph of pestilence and bone shield are both handy, especially for tanking, glyph of the ghoul is sort of a no-brainer for unholy DKs (no pun intended) and glyphs of death strike and scourge strike are both adequate, if not particularly exciting... And there's the problem. I feel like I could get by just as well without any glyphs, not that I intend to run that way, but the feeling remains. So, gentle forumites, what glyphs are you using? Maybe if there's a killed combo you've discovered, you can restore my faith in DK glyphs.

Dark Command, Icy Touch, Bone Shield, Horn of Winter, and Pestilence are the 5 I can remember off the top of my head that I use. Although, having just gone frost, Bone Shield can probably be swapped for Icebound Fortitude or Unbreakable Armor.

Icebound Fortitude is a must for any spec of tank, IMO.

As an Unholy tank, I'm running with Bone Shield, Icebound Fortitude, and Death Strike. For minors I'm only using Pestilence at the moment, but Dark Command is also good.

I'm also considering Glyph of Rune Strike, though I'm not particularly swimming in RP when tanking.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca
    Everyone marvels at a square egg, but only the chicken understands the PAIN.

to be honest, the only glyph i have gone insanely crazy for is "Death and Decay" 20% chance to make any target inside cower in fear for 2 seconds. I'm gear'd for Naxx but have been mostly just tanking heroics. There are very few mobs that are immune to the fear and it procs like a mad man. Makes holding more mobs alot easier when they're doing nothing but standing in fear.

I'd say Ice Bound Fortitude is a must glyph, getting rid of the runic cost of the ability allows you more runic power to use else where. Depending on your spec Unholy I would say grab bone shield, Frost I would say grab Unbreakable armor (though its getting changed) The third one you are kind of free to change I had been using Death Strike but starting today I'll be experimenting with Death and Decay.

For minors, Pestilence is a very nice one (especially considering that cooldown will be removed soon, meaning I'll be fitting it into my rotations more often) Horn of Winter isn't bad either, and after the change to the spell (no runic cost, generates 10) the glyph will add an extra minute to the duration. I have yet to see another minor I'd be interested in.

Late to the party on this one.

Majors: Icebound fortitude (now that AMS glyph isn't worth it), Death and Decay (even nerfed it's decent) and (insert tanking cooldown here) depending on spec.

Minors: Glyph of Pestilence is a must, Glyph of Horn of Winter isn't bad, though honestly you'll be using it ever cooldown come patch, Finally, the new glyph of raise dead is good for any spec. Removing the reagent cost from ghoul is perfect and allows for guilt free Death Pacting.

Currently Spec'd 23/5/43

In Naxx 25 I am using Icebound Glyph, Bone Shield, and DnD (mostly for trash pack's)

Minor's are Horn of Winter, Pest, and Blood Tap.

I usually as UH tank rock glyph of bone shield, scourge strike, icy touch for my majors. Scourge strike is pretty strong in that it allows for you to not have to keep redoing it,ps all the time when it procs and its almost every rotation proccing for me. I used ibf for a while too but find that I'm usually fine for rp when its needed

+ Reply to Thread