+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Naxxramas Loatheb

Spores

Hi TankSpot! Really appreciate you guys for doing these helpfull videos.

My guild started doing 10 man Nax now and going pretty well. We haven't done Loatheb yet and that's why I'm searching for good tactics and helpfull tips.

For the spores, Since there's 2 tanks (MT and OT) and 3 healers and 5 DPS.
    I was thinking of putting tanks and healers into group 1 and all of the DPSes into group 2. This way only the DPS group kills the spores and gets the buff. What I'm saying is do we need that buff for any of our tanks and healers? I think it's even easier if just the DPS group goes and kills the spores and keep getting the buffs. Or maybe just before the Necrotic Aura goes off healers could try and get the buff for more crit chance of healing during that critical 3 seconds.

Do we really need that buff for our healers and tanks?

Unless they already have a large threat lead, it is not ideal to let the tanks pick up the spore buff.

The buff prevents any ability from doing any threat, therefore if a tank picks it up w/o a large threat lead over a DPSer who does not you are in for some problems.
    || Tierax || ADELANTE-GUILD.COM - US ARTHAS (PVP) ||
    Healing Officer / Holy Paladin / Retired Protection Warrior

I usually only try to grab the spore buff if i have enough threat that were i stop making threat for the rest of the fight none of the dps could pull off of me.

Ked

By 50% boss hp i typicaly have close to 750k threat lead over the next highest dps, so i eat the debuff and throw out my massive dps... note with the glyph of heroic strike + the buff + normal raid damamge, i was able to have 100% HS uptime on this fight

Hey guys =)

Last night, me and my guild tried to down Loatheb on 10 man Naxx. It was all going well, until about the 28th Doom-thingy (I cant remember the name of it ). I think we had lost about 5 people, due to the de-buff, but we thought we could down him easily.

It was then, he entered an enrage, and wiped the remaining raid. We were stumped, so I did a bit of re-search. No where on the video posted above, or on Wowiki did it say anything about an enrage timer!

I dont know if anyone else has come across this, or if it is new to patch 3.0.8?

Thanks for any and all replies!

Carcious

P.S. The raid was done on the 24th of January.

Quote Originally Posted by Carcious View Post
    Hey guys =)

Last night, me and my guild tried to down Loatheb on 10 man Naxx. It was all going well, until about the 28th Doom-thingy (I cant remember the name of it ). I think we had lost about 5 people, due to the de-buff, but we thought we could down him easily.

It was then, he entered an enrage, and wiped the remaining raid. We were stumped, so I did a bit of re-search. No where on the video posted above, or on Wowiki did it say anything about an enrage timer!

I dont know if anyone else has come across this, or if it is new to patch 3.0.8?

Thanks for any and all replies!

Carcious

P.S. The raid was done on the 24th of January.
    We did Loatheb yesterday. At the end there was only 6 people alive, rest got killed around 30%. We killed him after doom 32. No one noticed any enrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierax View Post
    Unless they already have a large threat lead, it is not ideal to let the tanks pick up the spore buff.

The buff prevents any ability from doing any threat, therefore if a tank picks it up w/o a large threat lead over a DPSer who does not you are in for some problems.
    It's a hell of a lot of fun if you have deep wounds though.

Loatheb is imo really easy. What we do, (I'm the OT) is pull the spores over to the group that needs one. We put all our ranged (dps & heals that is) together. Then I drag a spore over to them using taunt. When they have their spore, next one goes to melee DPS who step away a bit from the boss to avoid tank getting the spore debuff. Only when our tank's safe on threat, he gets one as well. (which is usually the 3rd-4th spore.) Just try to keep everybody supplied all the time, this way he'll go down soon enough. It's not a hard fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierax View Post

I always take it, but not before getting what I usually will consider to be a pretty substantial threat lead.

If you get it early, and you are running a threat meter, you will always know when someone overtakes you and can simply taunt off if it does happen (it did once to me). Granted, the taunt will not last longer than the threat overrun, but mixing in your mocking blow, challenging shout and relying on the fact that Loatheb really doesn't hit very hard.

So, we tried to three man Lotheb in 10 man for giggles tonight.

Confirmed enrage on inevitable doom 35. Was hitting me for 1200 - 1550, then hit me 7100 - 7400. Had him to 41% hp.

Also, yes. I stole UI elements from Cider, they're just too awesome to pass up.

Could a druid tank tank this boss on 10man with without any buffs 32k hp and 34.6%dodge (around 40k hp buffed and 36% dodge) this boss? or is a paladin/warrior/DK tank required?

Anyone can really tank him. He doesnt hit awefully hard and is one of the easier fights in Naxx. All it is really is a healer check, and not so much gear as it is their timing. We wiped first few times on every boss it seems... Except him...

And doesnt everyones threat go down to 0 when they get the spore debuff? What we do is we go get the first 2-3 spores and then let the rest come to us so we dont have to lay off him really ever. Seems to work pretty well.

Should the tank be moving to avoid the spores or should someone kill or taunt the ones coming from behind me? I don't think I saw anyone mention this. I have been moving to the side if one is coming right for me but it seems a little ackward. (25 man)

I wouldnt move. Just tell people to let it go past you before they kill it, and be careful of AoE damage. You shouldnt have to be moving very much.

We had already cleared 10man before so are healers were geared. but we wiped about 10times because we would fall asleep at the computer. it's also incredibly boring to tank. couldn't there be some kind of adds that spawn when u kill spores ?
    If ur not tankin' you aint livin'

Quote Originally Posted by Shadevarr View Post
    The hard part is the gauntlet from heigan to loatheb. move to middle, aoe, move to bridge, aoe (ignore the eyes).
    25man we simply run up the left hand side.a tank in front and one in middle of our group, doing some aoe threat, pull to the bridge where the tanks form a barricade and build up threat while ranged nukes them down.

We have quite powerful dps so its a matter of seconds.
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

does that spore buff works for healing casts too?

Hi, what is it for addon there u see ya HP and Rage? and UI

Hello, i am brand new to this site and think its great. I am a level 63 hunter. i dont have any experience with raids, i have done instances only when i can get a group together which is not often. i would love to do them more but can't find peolpe who want to do them with me enough.

I am wanting to do naxxramas in order to get the cryptstalker armor for my hunter. i hear it is the most difficult raid in the game. i would like to know how i would go about getting this armor or completing this raid.

i am part of a guild but it is very weak. not a lot of high levels and most people arent on when im on.

I want to have more fun in this game doing raids and instances how do i go about doing this? any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

axeladen

+ Reply to Thread