+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Naxxramas Loatheb

Naxxramas Loatheb

This movie is available for direct download for Donors. Click here to learn more!

Lower Resolution (Low Bandwidth)

This fight is completely dominated and made trivial with the use of Circle of Healing and Prayer of Healing, if anyone struggles here, bring more Priests, have them queue up a PoH to land just as the debuff wears off which leaves time for 2 CoH casts, even when Dooms are cast every 15 seconds still easy to keep everyone up, just be sure to spred your priests into different groups because PoH is still only group wide.

2 priests made it trivial for us as well, I think a druid would achieve the same thing.

note: disc priest's divine aegis will proc for the potential amount, not what is actually healed on this boss from what I noticed.

The hard part is the gauntlet from heigan to loatheb. move to middle, aoe, move to bridge, aoe (ignore the eyes).

Confirmed that Power Word: Shield works during Necrotic Aura last night.

My PoH has a ~2.6 sec cast time, so I found it worked best to start casting PoH with 2 secs left on the debuff.

Did this with a holy priest and resto druid. Very simple. Got him down on our second attempt. Had an Unholy DK use AMZ at the 2 minute mark to help with the AOE.

Also, at around 50% when I have plenty of threat I go and kill a spore for the buff. It helps a bit with the DPS and since everyone else has the buff you dont have to worry about losing aggro.

Yeah, I was taking the buff too. never throught I'd see prot pushing 2k dps

I really love those videos and watch them everytime they come out but i've a really hard time loading the frontpage of www.tankspot.com with all the flash on the main page, it makes my browser freeze for short periods, do you think something could be done, im sure im not the only one with a crappy PC hahaha

Its only a suggestion thru.

Because of the way I've got news reporting this is difficult to do. Two more movies though and we can power a bunch of news posts out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxc View Post
    I really love those videos and watch them everytime they come out but i've a really hard time loading the frontpage of www.tankspot.com with all the flash on the main page, it makes my browser freeze for short periods, do you think something could be done, im sure im not the only one with a crappy PC hahaha

Its only a suggestion thru.

hehe alright well thanks, I will wait

As a retribution paladin is it possible to use Seal of Blood for this encounter? Or is it a better idea to use Seal of Command to ease the job of the healers in the short healing window?

I'd say use everything you can to help the healing. After 6 minutes it can get kinda crazy since damage > healing.

Hey, great post! I was just wondering, cider, what interface mod(s) are you using? I like how everything is up front and in the center, as I'm constantly straining my eyeballs looking at my hp in 1 corner, cd's at bottom, and mobs on screen.

Thanks,
    werx.

The thing that kills me (I play a frost mage) in this fight is that frost barrier doesn't block the damage from his attacks. Also the glyph of evocation is beautiful to help out your healers.

I have used quite a few of these guides, and as a resto shaman i feel a little left out.
    This fight is no different, you mention priests CoH and resto druids yet Resto Shamans are "the" raid healers.

With glyph of chain heal i can heal 4 people in 2.32 seconds (With haste), allowing me to heal 8 people a rather large amount in the time allocated. When the casters stand together i have them covered, leaving the other healers to worry about the tank etc.

It's getting annoying now, that everyone seems to think priests are more effective at this job.

Can't wait till they nerf your Coh. Then we will see.
    Oh and not to mention each jump has it's own critical, allowing Ancesteral fortitude to proc, aswell as earthliving for additional healing. Oh and then there is the 30% haste for my next two lhw/hw, allowing for saving of the tank if other healers have /failed.

Priests just can't bring that to raids.
    That was directed to the posters btw :< But cider i notice you have your little resto druid all the time. Would be nice if you mentioned us a bit, would be nice for some tips/strategy.

/Rant

Edit: Downed it todays raid, Priest healer couldn't come due to irl issues. Done with just a holy palla and a resto shaman.
    Only one death. There is enough proof : <
    Last edited by Toffeegerbil; 01-08-2009 at 10:12 AM.

Glad to hear a Holy Paladin and a Resto Shaman could heal this encounter as that's all my guild has on deck for tonight's Naxx run.

Quote Originally Posted by Troia View Post
    As a retribution paladin is it possible to use Seal of Blood for this encounter? Or is it a better idea to use Seal of Command to ease the job of the healers in the short healing window?
    You can use Seal of Blood, but you have to watch yourself. Especially as your gear improves, it's very easy to drop yourself low on health just as an impending doom goes out and you die before you can get heals.

It will hopefully be at least a little after 3.0.8 when Ret gets Divine Shield back.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

We had a holy paladin 3rd in healing on this fight. Just have to be smart.

Beacon on Tank, Glyphed HoL. Followed by Holy Shock and instant Flash of Light.
    The only thing better than being able to tank, is realizing that you no longer need to prove that you can.

Amazing Loatheb Fight

We took on two wings of Naxx 25 yesterday, which was probably not the smartest thing to do, considering it was right after the restart, so a ton of guilds were doing the same thing. The first two bosses of Plague went fine, but when we got to Loatheb, we started to get some serious server lag. We decided to attempt it anyway. All started well, but then the lag really started to kick in, making it almost impossible to heal when possible. We started dropping like flies, and it ended up a wipe when our MT got disconnected. We went for it again, considering we managed to get him to around 30% with the OT tanking most of the fight. We started again, and yet again we were hit with major server lag. Again the dps and healers started to die. I couldn't see what happened because my screen froze for like 30 seconds, but when it came back, there were only 8 people still standing, and Loatheb was still at 20%+. They lasted a while, but still people died. It ended up with only 5 people left alive, and loatheb at 14%. Luckily, among those 5 people were our 2 tanks, a pally healer, and 2 of our highest dps. Somehow, amazingly they managed to 5 man the boss from 14% to 0, and ended up going through 48 casts of doom over a 15 minute fight. Having died toward the middle of the fight, i really enjoyed myself just staying there dead and watching the pure leetness of our guild, slowly but surely 5 manning a 25 man boss.

If you're heals and/or tank are well enough geared, the doom stacks really don't make much of a difference.

Me (Prot Warrior) and a Resto Shammy two manned him from 1.8mil last night, doom was over 40 stacks, but we got him
    || Tierax || ADELANTE-GUILD.COM - US ARTHAS (PVP) ||
    Healing Officer / Holy Paladin / Retired Protection Warrior

+ Reply to Thread