+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LK Food Buffs

LK Food Buffs

We seem to have a lot more tanking food buff options available to us with this expac.
    I was wondering what the best buff to use in boss fights would be.

My thoughts are either:
    Rhinolicious Wyrmsteak 40 expertise / 40 stamina
    or
    Blackened Dragonfin 40 agility / 40 stamina

other options are:
    Spiced Wyrm Burger 40 crit / 40 stamina

Snapper Extreme 40 hit / 40 stamina

Any recommendations?
    Last edited by Manukai; 12-08-2008 at 04:24 PM. Reason: clarification

Unless you're expertise hard capped, you always want to use the 40 expertise food over the 40 hit food.

So first you would use the expertise buff until you are hard capped.
    Secondly, you would be after hit or would you go for agility?
    I didn't mention the strength or AP buffs but you could go that direction as well.

Assuming I'm expertise hard capped, I think I'd rather go for the agility. It gives less threat than the crit, but that's not too much of a concern, and the avoidance is nice. If I had to rank them, I'd say

Expertise
    Agility
    Hit
    Crit

Why doesn't anyone mention 40str/40sta? The extra str means harder hitting shield slams, harder hitting threat moves. I may even go so far to say that str/sta is better than crit/sta.

I hope I'd never see the need to use ag/sta, since the mats cost twice the mats for exp/sta. (why 2 Dragonfins for the latter??)

Atm I'm should be using agi&stam for fights like patchwork, and otherwise exp&stam -- although hit or str would also be good depending on what you're short of at the time. It's "should be" cos I keep forgetting and I'm usually buffed with big or little feast food
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

If you need to aoe tank a lot or need your taunts to have a higher chance of landing (4 horsemen?) then hit would be better then expertise right?

Is taunt modified by hit rating? My understanding was that taunt is 100% effective no matter what your hit is.

I'm pretty sure taunt can be resisted. Why else would there be: Glyph of Taunt - Item - World of Warcraft ?

Quote Originally Posted by Manukai View Post
    Is taunt modified by hit rating? My understanding was that taunt is 100% effective no matter what your hit is.
    Taunt is indeed affected by hit rating. Your taunt can miss just like any other skill.

I would say for survival the only two choices are agi or expertise. I'm not sure the conversion rate from the rating or how much dodge is 40 agi but that would be what I would consider first. After that we're just talking about increasing our DPS or threat. As long as the threat game is as one sided as it is now that has to be considered only after survival.
    Farothin of Rexxar <Avaledan>
    Paranoia is just another word for longevity.

None of those other options were on the AH and I haven't leveled my cooking yet, so I just bought some Very Burnt Worg for the +40 stam. It comes with +40 haste too, which isn't technically a tanking stat but it sure won't hurt threat or rage generation.
    Tankity spankity.

On a side note, you cant go wrong with Grilled Sculpin, which you can fish about 2 stacks in half an hour AND it requires no northern spices AND is one of the few 40 stamina food you can fish.
    Of course specialized food requiring north spices will be better, but nothing can beat sculpin in terms of budget.

I sort of like that there isn't an obvious best.
    Even though there is almost no chance that I will actually lug around a ton of food everywhere.

I've been using agility for mitigation. If I ever have trouble holding threat, which I haven't yet, I will use expertise until that is capped.

I always carry a couple stacks of different food with me. The way I see it is if you're going to equip your gear with gems and enchants then what's the difference whether it comes from food. 40 stamina, agility, expertise, whatever is a lot. Think about a single 24 stam gem. The food is equal to almost 2 of them.

id go for agility all the time, more avoidance is more avoidance
    also, expertise from food is kinda wasted for paladins, they prefer hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Elyvern View Post
    Why doesn't anyone mention 40str/40sta? The extra str means harder hitting shield slams, harder hitting threat moves. I may even go so far to say that str/sta is better than crit/sta.

I hope I'd never see the need to use ag/sta, since the mats cost twice the mats for exp/sta. (why 2 Dragonfins for the latter??)
    People don't mention the 40 strength food because 40 hit or 40 expertise are always going to be better.

As for the Dragonfin, it's the best (by far) for "survivability" food, and thus, we have to bite the bullet in the cost. Or in my case, time spent fishing for it.

The 40 expertise food isn't bad, sure, but it doesn't really compare. And I find the Dragonfin easier to get just because it requires only one thing to farm instead of two.

The 40 hit food I use on most trivial content for a bit of a threat/stam boost without being pricy; it seems the fish required to make it is always plentiful in the guild bank (like, hundreds), whereas all the others are rather rare. I fish up a few dozen Dragonfin a week and stash them, I'm up to like 15 stacks or so, which I'm saving for "serious business" content.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

I use 60 AP + 40 stam for easy stuff, and 40 agi + 40 stam for the tough fights. May swap to 40 expertise + 40 stam for Malygos if/when threat requires it.

Conveniently, you can get the fish for both the 60 AP and the 40 agi food right below Naxxramas. You also get pygmy suckerfish there, which is used for the best battle elixir (+20 stats).

I use 40 haste 40 stm because its cheap, the expertise/str stuff seems to be 3-4x the price, still get the 40stm and 40 haste can't hurt.

+ Reply to Thread