+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Naxxramas Noth the Plaguebringer

Naxxramas Noth the Plaguebringer

This movie is available for direct download for Donors. Click here to learn more!

Lower Resolution (Low Bandwidth)

My raid group had trouble with this last night. The guardians kept reaching the healers. They are immune to taunt. What's the easiest way to pick em up? They were destroying the raid group with their AoE. Would it help to spread out?
    Tanks: We like it rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Krashtork View Post
    My raid group had trouble with this last night. The guardians kept reaching the healers. They are immune to taunt. What's the easiest way to pick em up? They were destroying the raid group with their AoE. Would it help to spread out?
    Far more important than tanking them is marking them so your DPS can easily find and kill them. A silence/interrupt is enough to make them trivial for the few seconds it takes to kill one.

We had a holy pally turn on righteous fury to aggro everything to him and we had the DPS assist off the offtank to burn them down quickly. We had no problems other than the feral complaining about his swipe finger cramping up.

When I pugged this on 10-man last reset, we just tanked adds until he ported, then switched dps. Generally the damage output to the raid isn't that bad, and we were able to just tank and heal until he ported up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadevarr View Post
    We had a holy pally turn on righteous fury to aggro everything to him and we had the DPS assist off the offtank to burn them down quickly. We had no problems other than the feral complaining about his swipe finger cramping up.
    I like this idea. I'm guessing you had the pally stand off to the side of the raid so he wasn't getting them AoE'd?
    Tanks: We like it rough.

Killed this guy the other night very first attempt. I tanked him in the middle of the room and had our DK off-tank pick up the adds. When Noth ports I pick up the two big guys that spawn and we AOE everything down, then kill the next 2 mobs that spawn. After that noth ports back down and we repeat the process.

Quote Originally Posted by TylBronto View Post
    When I pugged this on 10-man last reset, we just tanked adds until he ported, then switched dps. Generally the damage output to the raid isn't that bad, and we were able to just tank and heal until he ported up.
    Same. Wiped first time. We got through atleast 7 or so teleports, amazingly, and brought him to 8 or so percent. Only had 4 dedicated dps though.
    Second time around, as said, I being the pala tank, held all the adds until teleport happened, then it was AOE time. Worked like a charm.

And.. are you sure you get more time with Noth every teleport? For us it was the complete opposite. We only had like 20-30 seconds with him the last few "groundphases".

Quote Originally Posted by Krashtork View Post
    I like this idea. I'm guessing you had the pally stand off to the side of the raid so he wasn't getting them AoE'd?
    Yup, righteous fury is finding a lot of use on any boss with add spawns. Were working on Grobbulus right now and even there it is handy. The offtank knows exactly where all the adds are headed and makes pickup simple.

imba movies
    i post them in the raid before we do every raid if they dont watch it they cant come raid:P

make 25

i cant see that video ? any1 know this trouble

As a note, on heroic he is easily tankable by a TG warrior in full DPS gear, wearing only a shield. I can't remember my buffed stats with the shield on, but basically, on 14k armor unbuffed, I switched in a titansteel shieldwall, and he hits for about 6k. The adds hit much harder and more frequent, so if you run naxx with 2 tanks, like us, have a DPS plate wearer pop in a shield and tank Noth, so the real tanks can pick up adds.

TPS is usually not an issue, the only problem is the aggro reset after blink, which is what intervene+taunt (warrior) or longrange taunt (DK/Pala) is for.

EDIT: Quick mathcraft says with armor buffs and shield that would be around 22-24k armor. I had 29k HP, and with 6 healers they had absolutely no problem keeping me up.

What Phoenix Brigade does for 10man is the right side wall when ur entering the room, have the melee, OT and MT bring everything inbetween the bone piles. heals and range are near the center circle doin aoes or healing respectively. works for us to capitalize on all available dps. when he ports, we try to stay in same point to draw adds or move healers back to the other doorway and have dps and tanks focus in center of the room.

for us mt prot war tanked him in the middle while having every1 there as well and i dk blood was taking care of all the adds at the biggest bone pile, when guardians came i had macro /target Plagued Guardian /rw Assisst XXX and heybound "assign skull to target".

Downed him very 1st attempt with no1 ever dropping below 75% hp

We tried a "crazy" idea last night just for giggles on 10-man Noth. It worked beautifully. Everyone - everyone! - stayed inside the small green circle in the middle of the room. No question where adds are going when they arrive. All DPS is on Noth but when adds are present people use "hits more than one target" abilities (ex: Hammer of the Righteous) and AoE if there are at least 3 mobs total (including Noth). Pally tank grabs adds once they are in range, using Exorcism and Avenger's Shield for pulling, Holy Wrath to give adds time to quietly contemplate the consecration ticking away underneath them.

This way there is no running around, no confusion, and any AoE going to the adds also hits Noth, and any "spill over" DPS on Noth (more than one target) also hits the adds. As long at MT keeps aggro on Noth, where most of the big DPS is going, there is no problem with the OT (Pally) getting aggro quickly on the adds from healers. AoE damage does not pull aggro on Mobs, so everything drops pretty quickly. Noth's porting around took him nowhere the MT couldn't just keep whacking away on him.

Our idea was to clean up the adds after Noth teleports, but in practice there was plenty of AoE and spill-over DPS from Noth that the adds dropped fairly quickly anyways. This was not only easy, but the fastest we had droppd Noth even though our DPS was actually lower than normal.

Did we just get lucky or has anyone else done the same thing with the same results?

"None. Shall. Pass." - The Black Knight

Reply to Leeroi

The "Crazy Idea" has been our guild SOP since entering Naxx. This always works so long as your OT is not an idiot and can pick up the adds during their 6 to 7 sec run to the middle where we are tanking Noth. We will keep single target massive DPS on Noth and only kill adds when he ports up to the balcony.

Also I have solo tanked this without any issue. I do take a lil bit more damage but nothing our healers can't handle.
    Last edited by Gameking; 04-06-2009 at 02:57 PM.

+ Reply to Thread