+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to tanking question for a Paladin

New to tanking question for a Paladin

Why is it that all the suggested specs I read into for paladin tanking never have reckoning?

As it gets worse, as your gear improves, though Im gonna keep 2/5 in my build for now.

But basically, as your gear improves, it does less and less+ it doesnt really do a lot of help in a raid.

Reckoning scaled poorly in BC. In Wrath it's nice but it doesn't help your survivability and there's just better places to spend the talents.

The key answer there in Alent's post is "and there's just better places to spend the talents". Reckoning is a good and fine skill. It doesn't even need to be filled fully to be good, but in general, we just don't have enough points to get everything, and many talents are simply better, so it is typically the last guy added to the kickball team. Still some find room for it in their builds.

One other thing is that it doesn't really synergize with our tanking seal as much (SoV/SoCorr), so that is something to consider.

Thanks everyone, youve been helpful

Has anyone noticed that if you fill reckoning out to 5 points that it will also proc on block? Wondering if this makes it worthwhile? Kind of an all or nothing talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogon View Post
    Has anyone noticed that if you fill reckoning out to 5 points that it will also proc on block? Wondering if this makes it worthwhile? Kind of an all or nothing talent.
    Not really. It's always procced on partial blocks, and you don't see full blocks on boss fights.

The problem with Reckoning is entirely that a small increase in white damage is simply not worth it when compared to other options (such as Seals of the Pure in the Holy tree).
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

wouldnt that help u generate threat ??

Quote Originally Posted by Demonstalker View Post
    wouldnt that help u generate threat ??
    Yes, but so would lots of other talents, and they will do a better job. It is definitely an increase, but currently, it is pretty minimal and typically other talents just provide more bang for the buck.

spec then

could u post like the best pally spec right now i wanna compare it to mine lol

+ Reply to Thread