+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trouble reaching 540 def..

Trouble reaching 540 def..

Thank you for taking a look at this thread and let me cut to the chase,
    I'm having a little trouble reaching this 540 def cap..

My gear isnt utter crap, it just dont like to sacrifice avoidance for def I guess.

I've also taken a look at the guide but those are lists of blues with alot of def on it and I'd like to keep my epics

Take a look at my armory profile, any suggestions would be welcome !

The World of Warcraft Armory

Btw, I'm not exalted with aldor/scryer hence the lousy shoulder enchant.. I'm working on the rep for sons of hodir though, I hope that will help a bit.
    Soon I'll take the T7 gloves too and guess what, there's even less def on those than on my current gloves

Thx in advance.

You have a parry/stam gem in your chest that could be a defense gem (and give you more avoidance, not less), and an expertise enchant on your bracers that could be +12 defense. A couple of def/stam gems instead of straight stam and you'd be sitting pretty.

You could always use a defense trinket. I have my Scarab of Displacement in my bags to fill the def hole if I ever need it, Dabiri's Enigma is handy in that respect too.

I fear being in the same boat as you once I get upgrades. Right now, I am at 564 Defense, even without any of the Def enchants (+18 STA in most areas). I have even a few more pieces to put enchants on because I got them tonight and am too poor to afford the mats.

I'm hoping that as I swap out upgrades, I can still stay over 540.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Thx a bunch, I took your advice and replaced +24 stam gems with def/stam gems & put an def enchant on the wrist and I reached 540 def barely

Well once I started "raiding" again in wotlk 1 week into the game i was 540 but you have to stack stack the defense gems and enchants. Now I can play around and enjoy the new loot and more hp enchants.

Looking at your gear, you're giving too much importance to EH/Avoidance than to get to the Def cap, switching that 32 stam gem for the 21 def/+5%BV or something like that should put you over the cap and keep your avoidance stats.

Moved to Armory Forums.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

You also could simply use a ring with a higher defense rating than the Band of Torture until you had other pieces to make up for the lost defense.

+ Reply to Thread