+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help with gem and tinkets and enchants

help with gem and tinkets and enchants

so I have a few questions as of right now i just got my t7 gloves so now i have the 2set bonus yay. I just don't know what i should be putting in the gem slot or even more so what should i be putting in most of my gems... I thought I was supposed to get 20% dodge/parry/block and 540D which i have been working on and parry is the only thing i need to get up now but as i read more and more it seems like parry is just so not needed. I am so confused with half of the posts I read on avoidance and all that shit. I do almost 5+ heroics daily and I will hopefully get into raiding sometime soon but I don't really have that going yet so yeah anyways.

oh and im most likely going to get expertise on my bracer ... or stam? ... and for gloves i will for sure get the 2% threat and parry or then again now people say parry is useless so maybe expertise there as well? Im at 4% right now so....

These are the trinkets I been swapping wondering which one will work better.

trinket i can't decide on
    Lavanthor's Talisman - Item - World of Warcraft
    this shield block one puts me all the way up to 24.73%block from 20.21%.
    The stam one I use is this untill I get the azjol one
    Sonic Booster - Item - World of Warcraft
    and of course i will keep this one just cause it rules.
    Seal of the Pantheon - Item - World of Warcraft

so main question here is should I be using the stam one or the shield one?

how are the other gems i got going right now? like in the chest should i gte a different gem instead of that parry one? What should my parry be? is 27k hp unbuffed ok for most raids right now?

im going on and on and im already confusing myself anyways here are my stats.

27k hp 23638 armor ap 2321 hit 204 crit 10.05 expertise 16 (4% chance) 541 Defense 20.46% dodge 17.45% parry 20.21% block (24.73% with the other trinket .... 26142hp)

gloves need gem bracer and gloves need enchant

all in all is gemming for parry stupid? I really want to put the 16parry gem in my hands but then i started reading while waiting for someone to make it. what you all think?

maybe if you guys just give me some links to some of your armorys and i can see what you got going then maybe it will help me decide. thank you in advance Protect warriors are so cool

wow after posting it I realized I didn't put my armor up here... here it is

The World of Warcraft Armory

cloak upgrade

so I did first 3 boss in naxx heroic today got new block cloak I can get all the way up to 26.50% block wooo!

just using these two items to get there.

Lavanthor's Talisman - Item - World of Warcraft

Shadow of the Ghoul - Item - World of Warcraft

now the question is when tanking patchwork for instance would i want that higher block or hp from Essence of Gossamer - Item - World of Warcraft

boo

why doesn't anyone discuss things with me?

I'd say no one really has much to add because by your numbers it appears you already know what you're doing

also, not sure what you were really asking since it appeared like you were talking to yourself hehe

You asked for armory links, so here is mine:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

+ Reply to Thread