+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Next badge purchase

Next badge purchase

Click on "WoW Characters" under my forum name to see Smashy.

My question is the next Emblem of Heroism purchase.

These are my options:

Valor Medal of the First War - Item - World of Warcraft

Heroes' Dreadnaught Breastplate - Item - World of Warcraft

Heroes' Dreadnaught Handguards - Item - World of Warcraft

I'm an OT in Naxx25 guild (hoping to kill Sapphiron and KT on Sunday). I also run a ton of heroics.

Threat really isn't an issue, mostly want to increase my survivability. Just curious which you think will provide the biggest "bang for my buck". Thank you!

And if you see any other ways to improve my gear, please post!

And I've run Pinnacle every day for past 5 days and no Sword yet, still trying.

Well, my hunch would be to go with the chestpiece, honestly. If you're running a load of heroics, the Kirin Tor gloves aren't far out of your reach (I see you're at Honored already), and either T7 piece will give you a chunk of avoidance and EH. I don't hugely rate the trinket - it's not something you'll necessarily run with all the time, and you have two nice stam trinkets already.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

Hiya Smashy =)

Old Priory, Defiance member here when my old main was on Sen'jin (Ciani). Armory is down for me ATM, but I'm personally going by "The Badge err… Emblem of Heroism Pick Order" provided by our buddy Veneretio.

I just purchased the neck last night and while my tankpoints addon advised less points it does provide me with much needed hit and a defense cushion though I still need to use Seal of the Pantheon to keep it at the heroic Def minimum.
    Blackrock||Horde|Noth|UD Warrior
    Sen'jin/Blackrock||Alliance/Horde|Ciani|NE/BE Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Noth View Post
    Hiya Smashy =)

Old Priory, Defiance member here when my old main was on Sen'jin (Ciani). Armory is down for me ATM, but I'm personally going by "The Badge err… Emblem of Heroism Pick Order" provided by our buddy Veneretio.

I just purchased the neck last night and while my tankpoints addon advised less points it does provide me with much needed hit and a defense cushion though I still need to use Seal of the Pantheon to keep it at the heroic Def minimum.
    Yep, I really like the neck, especially for the price. The hit was very helpful when I started replacing some blues with epics which happened to have less hit but higher defensive stats. Really a nice neck.

Just my opinion, but buying the T7 gloves seems a horrible waste when you can go kill Sartharion once a week with 9 other people in roughly 25 minutes. I took in a group yesterday and one shot him for my gloves. Maybe I'm just lucky, but it seems that over time, running that 10 man for a few weeks should cost you a lot less time than building up 60 badges. Like I said, just my opinion. The fight is too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgraan View Post
    Just my opinion, but buying the T7 gloves seems a horrible waste when you can go kill Sartharion once a week with 9 other people in roughly 25 minutes. I took in a group yesterday and one shot him for my gloves. Maybe I'm just lucky, but it seems that over time, running that 10 man for a few weeks should cost you a lot less time than building up 60 badges. Like I said, just my opinion. The fight is too easy.
    Yeah, but it's also about being lucky enough to get them tokens
    I bought both chestpiece and glove tokens with badges because after three clears of Naxx and Sartharion I still haven't got any T7 tokens.

For OP, I'd pick items that are worn most of the time which trinket is not.
    Last edited by Crommi; 12-07-2008 at 09:30 AM.
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

I got Horn-Tipped Gauntlets - Item - World of Warcraft today. I have 50 badges, I decided to go ahead and save for the t7 chest first, thanks.

+ Reply to Thread