+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Glyphs for threat?

Glyphs for threat?

Ive been tanking for a while now at lvl 80 and have pretty much all the pre naxx gear from running heroics but lately seems like ive been having problems holding threat with some dps groups lately(mainly naxx geared groups). Im sitting at 945 strength/ 151 agility/ 2504 attack power/ and 171 hit rating unbuffed. My mh weapon is at 319 dps. My main talent uses are devistate, shield slam, TC and revenge when ever they are up with heroic strike when rage pool is built up. Ill use cleave, TC, and shockwave to help keep aggro on multiple targets. Pretty much the norm but i was wondering what about glyphs, are there any to help with single target threat? right now im using Glyph of sunder(sunders 2nd nearby target), glyph of blocking(10% block after shield slam), and glyph of cleave(affects 3 total targets). My main question is should i swap the glyph of sunder for the sunder glyph that adds 2 sunders per hit?? Will this help double the threat per hit since it is stacking 2 sunders at once? Any help would be great! Here is a link to armory The World of Warcraft Armory

If you're worried about threat on single targets.....the devistate glyph is the way to go since it puts two sunders on it. For major glyphs, I use the devistate glyph, the shield blocking one, and the sunder nearby target one. IMO the cleave glyph is worthless.

Worthless? It hits a 3rd target, I find it great for groups/aoe tanking. I know he's asking about single target but if he's losing single target threat I'd bet its more in his rotation and/or his 9 expertise.

Swap out your parry/stam gems for exp/stam, change your wrist enchant, and look into your rotation, you can add concussive blow, shockwave and probably even more heroic strikes into your single target rotation. Maybe look into the 15/5/51 spec as well if you are having threat issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielm7 View Post
    Worthless? It hits a 3rd target, I find it great for groups/aoe tanking. I know he's asking about single target but if he's losing single target threat I'd bet its more in his rotation and/or his 9 expertise.

Swap out your parry/stam gems for exp/stam, change your wrist enchant, and look into your rotation, you can add concussive blow, shockwave and probably even more heroic strikes into your single target rotation. Maybe look into the 15/5/51 spec as well if you are having threat issues.
    yeah i wouldnt say cleave glyph is worthless b/c of the fact it helps aoe tank that one more mob which is a big help!!
    I dont understand though the 15 talent points in arms? for the 20% crit bonus you have to have a good crit rating and as it is now not many tanks are above 10% crit change even with talents in the 5% crit increase from fury.
    I personally would rather talent into fury more for the added attk pwr and rage gen. and then added damage from cleave to help with multiple mob pulls.

The 15 points in arms is not because of paper doll crit. It's because picking up some of the more powerful Prot talents all give 15% crit to abilities(such as Incite, Sword and Board, Critical Block), puts you up much higher than the character window shows.

Devestate is again a really nice glyph to have, as if my memory serves me right, it also doubles the % of attack power that is converted into threat from 5% to 10% after damage. And this % is there when building up the stack and when maintaining it.

+ Reply to Thread