+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raid healing.

Raid healing.

Granted I haven't played holy since 76 much but last night during 25 Man Maly I want back to holy to help healers out as we were short on em for the night. My gears not all that tight im sitting at about 1680 SP unbuffed (missing about 80 SP worth of enchants).

Now don't get me wrong I love our single target healing ability BUT in raid situation from just watching recounts HPS I find that paladins are more then 400 HPS below shammy's and druids. Forget Priests I already acknowledge their superiority BUT if the intention for Blizz was to have all DPS within a range of 300 of each other does it seem odd there is such a drop off in respect for HPS, in this case, for holy pally's?

And id say a lot of our healers are equally geared / skilled so that isnt the primary concern.
    Last edited by Wackarnolds; 12-05-2008 at 10:33 AM.

It's not at all surprising for you to fall behind Druids or Shammies in HPS. Your strength is in single target heals. Druids have HoTs that can heal people up before you even see their health bar move, and Shammies have the most efficient AoE heal in the game. The only way a Holy Pally can keep up is in situations where there is so much damage going on you get full use out of Beacon of Light. Even then you'll probably still be lower on the meters because of your role. It doesn't mean you're a bad healer.

and malygos is designed on instant cast heals so holy pally metrics will be off. Personally I will stick with my pally/druid/disc tank healing squad for hard hitting bosses.

I don't know it still leaves me questioning. My priest friend still hits me for phatty 14-15k+ Heals when I'm tanking. If your in a raid and have say 6 healers do you really think your single target heals stand out far and above against every other class, so much so that your comfortable with how it is?

I'm not crying foul saying Paladins need AoE / group heals I'm just trying to get some comfort.

Paladins are going to have lower numbers when healing compared to other classes, especially compared to druids and priests (which is why their CoH and WG abilities are going to get a nerf come next patch).

A paladin's strength is in their ability to dish out big healing numbers at one particular target, and in their ability to be great support to the other raiders with your buffs and, at least for me, the ability to try to absorb some of the raiders damage that they get in a tight spot thanks to Divine Guardian :P Well, and also our Seals and Judgements now, which I'd almost say has helped me immensely in healing, especially since it's so easy to throw a Judgement of Light up now.

Your primary problem is that you're not evaluating your healing meters correctly, thinking about the raid composition, or the roles assigned to healers.
    [Insert witty signature here]

+ Reply to Thread