+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Weapon enchants.

weapon chain is nice, and im using it myself ATM, but i feel as im only using half of it. Currently to my knowledge, there are no mobs that disarm, so im pretty much just getting 22 hit rating
    "Ive always wondered what we warriors say to make people attack harder, be healthier, or taunt mobs" -Orla

Quote Originally Posted by orlastud View Post
    weapon chain is nice, and im using it myself ATM, but i feel as im only using half of it. Currently to my knowledge, there are no mobs that disarm, so im pretty much just getting 22 hit rating
    Weapon chain is 28 hit, btw. I'd love to rock Accuracy on my main hand but based on the cost of mats I don't see it happening any time soon.

Will so much gear centered around defense and avoidance you can quickly out-gear encounters defensively, so I am really appreciating accuracy at the moment. We will see what happens if they come out with any new tank-orientated enchants in the future.
    Loyalty above all, except Honor.

I'm also inclined to go with Accuracy. The extra +3 hit to the weapon chain isn't worth losing the +crit if you have the mats. And the disarm bonus isn't really worth it as I've yet to find a mob who disarms in Northrend.

Call me noob, but hear me out.
    "Crusader" has the nerf after level 60, however, the nerf only reduces it to bonus of +60STR instead of 100. I put it on the red sword of courage and did a few raids/heroics to see the proc rate, it still procs quite a bit, in comparable terms in the buff is "up" about 25 seconds of every minute, so almost half the time spent in combat you have a +60STR buff, thats not too shabby. And really, none of the WoTLK weapon enchants tickle me just yet. So why not?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffTheMeatshield View Post
    Call me noob, but hear me out.
    "Crusader" has the nerf after level 60, however, the nerf only reduces it to bonus of +60STR instead of 100. I put it on the red sword of courage and did a few raids/heroics to see the proc rate, it still procs quite a bit, in comparable terms in the buff is "up" about 25 seconds of every minute, so almost half the time spent in combat you have a +60STR buff, thats not too shabby. And really, none of the WoTLK weapon enchants tickle me just yet. So why not?
    According to Wowhead comments, it's +20 STR at level 80.

I use +20 Strength on my Red Sword of Courage, but was wondering if I should pick up a Titanium Weapon Chain instead.
    The hit would be nice, and I hate disarms (who doesn't?), but am a real whore for block rating, as it ups my TPS (Shield Slam) and my mitigation too. Thoughts here?

I started off with getting Mongoose on my level 80 weapons such as Red Sword of Courage and Slayer of the Lifeless. After awhile of being skeptical about its worth at level 80, I tossed on a Titanium Weapon Chain to see how it would work while I waited weeks and weeks before Kel'Thuzad decided he finally wanted to drop a Last Laugh for me. I was relatively pleased with the TWC, especially for the low cost, so I quickly put Accuracy on my LL, and I have been loving it ever since. I'd definitely recommend Accuracy as the premiere enchant (at least for a Warrior atm) if the weapon is worth it and you have the mats to spend. If you need a cheap and slightly worse alternative, Titanium Weapon Chains are nice as well.
    -ItZMuRdA-

Hmm interesting bashing on goose. Due to Lifeless & red sword hating me so much, i had to stick with my mongoosed Unbroken Will or unenchanted Fang of Truth (yes NO other weapons dropped ever). Mongoose was still proccing at the nice rate we all loved, so much so that the old TBC sword easily outperformed the Fang of Truth with its high hit.

So when i finally laughed last last night, i put mongoose on. I havent had the chance to try it out yet.

Could it be that mongoose was proccing because it was still on a TBC weapon? Should i really switch to accuracy?

Enchant Weapon - Deathfrost: “Permanently enchant a weapon so your damaging spells and melee weapon hits occasionally inflict an additional 150 Frost damage and reduce the target’s melee, ranged, and casting speed by 15% for 8 sec. Requires a level 60 or higher item.”

let's keep waiting for this....

Quote Originally Posted by Ancelot View Post
    Enchant Weapon - Deathfrost: “Permanently enchant a weapon so your damaging spells and melee weapon hits occasionally inflict an additional 150 Frost damage and reduce the target’s melee, ranged, and casting speed by 15% for 8 sec. Requires a level 60 or higher item.”

let's keep waiting for this....
    ? That enchant has been in the game since the last fire festival. Dropped in heroic slave pens off of Ahune. I'm sure some enchanters around have it if they took part in that event back then.

If there was anything I missed or any sarcasm that went directly over my head, don't mind me.
    -ItZMuRdA-

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxaa View Post
    mongoose procs much MUCH less at 80 than it did at 70 - its pretty useless imo
    i had a mongoose on a sword recently and found it was up almost none of the time, im not sure how other people are going with it.

go weaponchain or accuracy if you can afford it imo (or save accuracy for naxx gear and beyond)
    I haven't done any intensive research on this topic, but the way my mongoose is going it seems to proc about once every 30-45 seconds, and lasts for 12 seconds. So for simplicity's sake, we'll say I have mongoose active 12 seconds out of every minute (it's actually a little better than this).

12 seconds * +120 agility = 1440
    60 seconds * +26 agility (exceptional agility chant) = 1560

So the average agility increase is roughly the same. Factor in that mongoose also increases your attack speed slightly (little more threat/dps, granted not much), and looks damn cool on pretty much any weapon (especially red sword of courage), I'll stick with my mongoose.

If you're having serious issues with threat, get accuracy or titanium weapon chain. Otherwise, I would recommend mongoose since it's gonna be cheaper than everything else, and is still roughly just as good as the bonus agility chant. The problem (on my server anyways) is finding a chanter who has mongoose! Took me about a week of spamming trade before I found somebody with it.

Sorry if it is in the wrong thread (as no druid tanks responded yet I assumend it might be 1h weapon disucusion only). But..
    I wanted to ask if anyone found a better enchant save 35 agility for 2h tank weapon? Since gear is more oriented in agility is it still worth to get 35 agility or better to get more hit since rest of gear is a bit low?
    .......Millet
    <Remorseless>

+ Reply to Thread