+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Weapon enchants.

Weapon enchants.

First I was wondering if anyone has actually tried out the lifeward enchant and how the numbers come out. Does that proc a decent amount to make it worth while. I was thinking 140-160 health does not seem like a lot if you are taking 8k hits but if it procs all the time maybe it adds up and helps.

What is the enchant everyone is going with for their weapon?

I was looking at the accuracy enchant maybe for the extra hit and crit rating but not sure yet. Still waiting for my red sword of courage to drop, after damn near everyone in my guild has had it drop it seems. For such a small table I have bad luck. Try again today though, and well everyday till I get it haha, that thing looks sweet.

personally i just threw on a titanium weapon chain, as none of the enchants atm seem too impressive for tanking. +28 hit and 50% disarm reduction, cheap and effective. Hopefully in the next content patch we see some better enchants (wtb mongoose 2.0)

Accuracy seems like a nicer choice if you can afford an enchant like those, for threat maybe even Berserker could work if you could afford losing armor xD

Berserking is not a good enchant, the 400 AP on proc is nice but the 25% armor reduction is just going to open a hole in ur armor, so is 400 AP really worth -5k or more armor?

Quote Originally Posted by Ukyo View Post
    Accuracy seems like a nicer choice if you can afford an enchant like those, for threat maybe even Berserker could work if you could afford losing armor xD
    I agree with raising, beserking is a very bad choice for a tanking enchant, accuracy is not bad, but i feel 50% disarm reduction > 22 crit rating

Wouldn't the lost armor effect your AtT bonus? You'll still come out ahead, but not nearly as much as you would expect.

So that's 2 strikes against berserker.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Man View Post
    Wouldn't the lost armor effect your AtT bonus? You'll still come out ahead, but not nearly as much as you would expect.

So that's 2 strikes against berserker.
    Not to mention the whole thing of a tank losing armor... :/

Crit/Hit and 26 Agility are about all thats new under the sun for tanking. 26 Agility is probably the best from a HaRdCoRe min/max perspective, but the mats are so intense its hard to care if you're enchanting anything other than Broken Promise or Last Laugh. Honestly, Titanium Weapon Chains are plenty good for anything else. I goosed my Slayer of the Lifeless for old times sake, its about as good as anything and lightning swords are phun.
    Former Paladin tank gone Warrior. Keep up the good fight tankadins, I'm too tired.

26 Agility is your only real choice for tanking right now.

If you're under the hit cap(which pretty much we all are now) and need threat, hit is also a viable weapon enchant.

I went for accuracy on my Last Laugh, its expensive, but its not like I will replace it anytime soon.

I've been using the Titanium Weapon Chain without problems. Cheap (since I can make it myself) and works well. My server's a little slower than some others to get the new enchants out there, so it'll do for a while.

I finally picked up an actual tank weapon (Red Sword of Courage), and I’ve gone with +26 Agility as I’m hurting for avoidance more than anything. I wonder how good Mongoose still is though – haven’t heard many reports?

I had original Potency on my previous weapon (a dps sword) and I liked the extra AP and SBV. Accuracy/Weapon Chain both seem viable as well. A few options, but nothing that jumps out and screams TANK!!! - I wonder why we aren't catered for exclusively? =P

Anyone used Lifeward? It sounds a bit lame, but I haven't heard anything from others.

tried out lifeward for an evening in nax, overall it did less healing than my JoL, so i scrapped it, got a wonderfully bright idea to try Black Magic... huge mistake its a caster only chant ( i know dont laugh at me i could have read that)
    so now i am farming mats for the agility, its our only real enchant i guess.

mongoose procs much MUCH less at 80 than it did at 70 - its pretty useless imo
    i had a mongoose on a sword recently and found it was up almost none of the time, im not sure how other people are going with it.

go weaponchain or accuracy if you can afford it imo (or save accuracy for naxx gear and beyond)

Just as an update to anyone reading this thread, in the upcoming patch there is a +75 Stamina enchant for one handed weapons being added.

Was wondering if since 3.0.8 changes an Berserking chant now reducing armor by 5% instead of 25% (could be wrong on numbers), whether this has become a viable threat enchant for a Prot War now? since DR on armour are high once ya crack 24k i can only see it loosing about 1% mitagation when proc's? Can any1 with the know how pls work this one out pls?

Cheers in Advance

the stam chant was removed and is not in live

5% armor is still quite a lot. Not as much as 25%, but still quite a lot.

i think berserking in farm content now that the debuff is only 5% may be a good threat enchant. i wouldnt use it to tank patchwerk tho, but 5mans and anything you outgear it may work well for threat.

I prefer Accuracy on something I won't replace for awhile - I plan on getting Last Laugh soon enough so I put Weapon Chain on my Broken Promise.

+ Reply to Thread