+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More def ? really ?

More def ? really ?

I have been 80 for about 2 weeks.. our guild is now moving through naxx 10 man and have the spider quarter cleared. The plague quarter down to last boss leothab (2% wipes ffs) and last night we gained the achievment for no one dieing on heigan ! really fun when it goes right !

Anyway... we hit leothab and GEAR CHECK !!! cant burn him down fast enough yet..but we will.

Thats a side issue..my main question is this: Im def capped with over 540 def. ( i typically hover around 545) but is it worth getting more ?

Im about to replace my boots with the rep reward ones from wyrmcrest and likewise with my chest piece but i dont have the shield enchanted and my back still needs enchanting.

Do i stack more def enchants on these or is going for say agi on cloak and stam on shield (possibly +block ?) the better solution now im capped ?

I know def rating returns other benefits past 540 but does it outweigh the other enchants ?

The World of Warcraft Armory

This is me... threat sword equipped atm (meathooks slicer)...i have the mace (qst reward) as boss tanking weapon.

any suggestions ..ty

Belgariad: EU : Lightnings Blade. Once a Tank. Always a Tank.

It will add more dodge parry and block past the 540, and we have some similar gear and close on stats. I myself went with the stamina enchants on my shield chest and boots, stamina armor kit on my gloves, the same armor kit you have on your legs, went with the extra armor on my cloak, and stats on my bracers, but probably looking to go with something different if I ever get bracers worth putting them on and I have the armsman enchant for my gloves on a scroll waiting for better gloves.

I just didn't see the gains from the higher def worth the enchants when I could gain a whole lot of health in its place. I don't know the exact number but somewhere in the ballpark of 2k health from all the extra stam enchants as apposed to whatever small percentage I would gain in def to my avoidance.
    Last edited by Mordigen; 12-05-2008 at 07:41 AM.

Thanks
    this is exactly my thinking... a couple of re-gems to +24 stam and stam enchants and i can lift my hp pool to around 27k ... (raid buffed im already hitting 27-28k).

Im looking at enchanting for expertise and hit i think.
    Belgariad: EU : Lightnings Blade. Once a Tank. Always a Tank.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't additional health the best way, per itemization point, to increase your 'effective health'?

A lot of people are of the mindset - get 540 def then enchant for stam and let the rest of your gear take care of the avoidance.

I was looking into hit as well, the gear seems to be headed that way, I would like to get my expertise up some too since that does help slow down the attacks from less parries and the more you can hit the more threat and damage you do. Definitely a good alternative to the stam. I just try to get as much survivability as I can with higher health since my guild is a more casual and we are just getting into Naxx now that we have enough 80's.

I agree Squashed, unless you are in a guild that is overpowering these places and can get past everything without the extra health and just want to do more damage or threat. Eventually there will be new content and the gear seems to be an decent job with adding avoidance and other stats to help threat and such so stam seems to be the way to go after 540 cap.

Personally I prefer TTL over EH. Basically when starting to get nailed by avoidence caps, start stacking stam and def. Def is pt for pt better for avoidence when near caps it seems. For warriors you get Dodge/Parry/MISS/Block.

Unless your healers are carrying you, avoidence helps alot to keep their mana happy

Moved.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread