+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is my gear ready for WOTLK 25 man content?

Is my gear ready for WOTLK 25 man content?

Hi all:
    I wanted some guidance on gear now that im 80 and started tanking heroics. I am upgrading my gear as I go on but i was wondering if I'm readu for 25 man content. As it stands 689 Def rating is the min correct? . I am currently farming badges to get my t7 byuable chest/gloves. My guild is doing Naxx 10 tomorrow but i don't think I will MT yet. I am also following the gear list provided here to guide me but wanted some input from seasoned 80 tanks out there.

Thanks for your info
    -V-

here is my link The World of Warcraft Armory

The first thing I noticed was you were using dabiri's enigma to maintain uncrittability....I think it might be more to your benefit to get hte defense from gems/chants and use a more beneficial trinket in that slot. Also, is there not a shoulder upgrade available? I got those shoulders when I was like 72-73, I will be depressed if I cannot upgrade those before I hit 80.....

Hum, maybe you should be ok to OT and maybe MT some boss in 25m naxx, but you will have some problems in boss like Loatheb ( healer only have 3s to heal you and the raid I guess, then 10s with NO HEALS, Im not a healer, but is something like this ), Patchwerk ( Hateful strike hits me for 23~26k in heroic ) , Maexxna ( webs everyone, so no heals and you MUST save shield wall and last stand when she enrages/frenzy ) that requires ALOT of heath and avoidance to help your healers to keep everyone alive. But good luck!

Pauldrons of Reconnaisance from Halls of Stone Quest is a possible upgrade for the shoulder slot that doesn't require random drops.
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

Yeah im working on getting upgrades for my shoulder and belt today as well as the AZN trinket w 111 sta (forgot the name). I neglected the shoulders so far but thats one of my priorities. I also have extra sockets from being BS i may re-gem to pure def, was mixing between str sta and def sta gems. not sure but I'll do what i can get my hand on ! :P oh and also 15/5/51 seems to work very good for me and that sword so far NO complaints on AOE tanks heh

-get a better shoulder enchant
    -put a gem slot in your belt
    -replace +str gems/enchants with +stam or +defense
    -+37 stam/20def helm enchant is superior to what you have
    -you're missing +22 stam to boots enchant
    -put +18 stam on gloves
    -put +20 str on weapon
    -consider +12 def to wrists (with the other enchants, you should be able to replace daril's trinket with something better)
    -http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43187 is a superior thrown item and from a quest. no reason not have it imo

Moved to Armory Forums.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread