Binds when picked up
    Unique
    Trinket
    +63 Stamina
    Blue Socket
    Yellow Socket
    Socket Bonus: +9 Stamina
    Requires Level 75
    Requires Jewelcrafting (400)Use: Increases dodge rating by 300 (10.99% @ L75) for 10 sec. (1 Min Cooldown)

Is it dumb to think this Trinket is crazy good and worth picking up JC for? This + 3 prismatics is a definate draw to JC for me. Let me know what you think. By the way, I'm a bear tank.

Matt

It is excellent. JC is pro.
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

Yes, it's great. Worth leveling JC if you already have max leatherworking and skinning, not so much. There are other good trinkets in the game that you can get.

because of the ease of content, and the 1 hard fight sarth wtih 3 drakes requires stam anyway, i never ever even tried to get defenders code and offering of sacrifie, i went straight for essence of gossomer and my monarch crab with 2x41 stams (i actually passed defenders code to a DK because i know after the patch hits it will be horrible for me)

and despite what the poster above me said, the 2 best druid trinkets post patch will be essence of gossomer and this.

untill then you can use offering of sacrifice and defenders code (if you have them) but once the patch hits i highly recomend LWing JCing as a bear.

Quote Originally Posted by blackhand View Post
    Yes, it's great. Worth leveling JC if you already have max leatherworking and skinning, not so much. There are other good trinkets in the game that you can get.
    Well, I had both maxed out Skinning and Leatherworking but I've dropped Skinning for Jewelcrafting. The way I look at it, I can have one of my 60s level up and do Skinning while Jewelcrafting brings something unique to the table. And I'm kind of disappointed in Leatherworking too but I've thrown money into leveling it up so I'll keep it.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by outlandish View Post
    Well, I had both maxed out Skinning and Leatherworking but I've dropped Skinning for Jewelcrafting. The way I look at it, I can have one of my 60s level up and do Skinning while Jewelcrafting brings something unique to the table. And I'm kind of disappointed in Leatherworking too but I've thrown money into leveling it up so I'll keep it.

Matt

90 stam to bracers

enough said.

Keep in mind that Jewelcrafting without having a miner is a -real- money sink.

That said, this and the ruby hare are both excellent trinkets with several advantages.

Having the additional slots for gems is actually quite nice. Because it's unlikely that you'll get a better trinket, leaving the gossamer whatsit, you can safely park your JC gems here and not have to worry about replacing them as you upgrade, making this sucker a much -faster- bonus than most professions' nice end-game stuff. (Or rather, if you don't have access to these "safe" sockets, you're going to have to blow a lot of your tokens on re-gemming those dragon's eyes as your gear progresses...)

It's also rather more flexible. Change your gear set for a nice new up that happens to have low stam? Don't worry about it, just swap out a stam gem for a def gem to cover the gap.

The dodge bonus is almost an extra at that point, but hey, during an enrage, every little bit helps. A lot. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Dakki View Post
    Keep in mind that Jewelcrafting without having a miner is a -real- money sink.
    Lies

I've never had mining, never was a gold sink. I just made 2000g in 3 days with Jewelcrafting.

AH is your friend. Buy gems/ore, cut/prospect, make a 40-80% profit depending on the gem.

You are only limited by your gold during buying, and the size of the market.
    [Female Tauren Warrior]

I will say that JC can be a money sink to level but once you hit 350 or so you can start making your money back pretty quick. I think it's probably the best profession right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    i went straight for essence of gossomer and my monarch crab with 2x41 stams
    Why put 41stam into a blue socket when you can use it somewhere else to unlock a socket bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by demog View Post
    Why put 41stam into a blue socket when you can use it somewhere else to unlock a socket bonus?
    because that is a best in slot item where as you may have to wait weeks to get another item worthy of it, its safe from replacement and it goes in every tanking set i have

What Darksend said. Dragon's Eyes are -hugely- expensive if you look at their gold value. Once you've assembled most of your end-game tanking set (for now), you can put together a gem combination that gives you more socket bonuses. Until then, there's almost certainly somewhere else that you can benefit more from just selling the gem and applying the gold...

Why not pair it up with the other JC stam trinket while you are at it?

Figurine - Ruby Hare - Item - World of Warcraft

If you consider the fact that there are ZERO trinkets other then JC only trinkets that have sockets in them, Jewelcrafting is really worth 4 sockets, 63 (+9 socket bonus) + 62 (+9 socket bonus) extra stamina. If you go 41/41/41/21 (perfect solid) you are looking at 287 stamina from just those 2 trinkets.

Leatherworking + JC was the best setup for tank min/maxing. Now, after the patch, it's not as strong, but in my opinion, still the best. Leatherworking will still offer the exclusive Fur Lining resist enchants to bracers, which no other trade skill grants. If there is ever a resist fight, Leatherworking will excel there.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

It's not entirely fair to calculate the trinkets' value with "filled with nothing but Dragons' Eyes", even if that's the way to go from a practical perspective (in other words, not having to replace the suckers every time you get an up). But yeah, even with plain ol' Solid Sky Sapphires in there, we're still talking about tremendous stam. The dodge bonus is nice if not earth-shattering, and the run I mostly use to keep up with tanks in Wintergrasp, but trinkets with over 100 stam on them don't really need additional benefits to be tasty as all get out.

(Then again, I DO have mine socketed with Solid Dragon's Eyes...)

+ Reply to Thread