+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guys I could use some help

Guys I could use some help

Hey guys whats up...

(Btw before I get started thanks Cider for all the awesome vids they really helped... our guild got through Naxx 10 in 2 days after we first set foot in there.)

Anyway... Here is my problem

Previously before playing this shaman I was a Warrior Tank, I was very confident in that class and I knew what I was doing. I now play a Restoration Shaman. I got through Naxx and after looking at my WWS I am greatly behind my Druid and Priest Buddies in healing. Although they do have around 500-600 more spell power than myself I think i might be doing something wrong...

I have recently looked up a new playstyle through the Elitist Jerk's forums which is the Lesser Healing Wave Spam Spec... (which is much played like a holy pally) I am currently liking the spec and havent tried it yet in a raid situation but i am wondering if there are some tips any of you guys out there could give me to help me boost my healing...

Although I do feel comfortable healing as a shaman I am not comfortable with my heals lacking behind my raid... Any suggestions that any of you guys can offer would be much appreciated... Ie... Any tactics, addons, rotations etc.. that you guys use that you have found to be effective.

Thanks guys
    (Talk to you soon)

Decimals

IF they are 500-600 heals above you, you will naturally be behind them in heals, unless they are really bad heals. Get better gear and you will catch up, you are probablt not doing much wrong.

Also know that wild growth and CoH are wildly overpowered to what you can do as far as raid heals at the moment, and they are spammable instant casts. By the time you cast your chain heal, the whole raid is already healed. Not much you can do about that.

Be happy that you are keeping your raid up and progressing, get better gear and you should catch up.

Chosenx said it: CoH and Wild Growth give Priests and Druids a head above Shaman and Pallys on the meters. Particularly on trash. So it might help to look at certain fights to get a better idea how your healing. A fight like Sapphiron has lots of raid wide healing where CH can excel but where CoH and WG tend to work out less well due to range issues. Where you lagging behind on Sapphiron more than your gear would suggest?

If your interested in specializing in single target healing, you will always be behind on the meters. And that is just fine. The healing meters are often not very meaningful. If your focusing on a single target style of healing, check out your proformance on Patchwerk. Patchwerk is a great gauge for single healers as well as rogues.

So just remember to take your WWS with a grain of salt. In the end healing is about deaths and not about hps. If your keeping your raid alive and being a productive raid member, your meter position is not super important.

Cool thanks guys for all the advice I started to look at WWS and I am starting beat some people seeing as my gear is catching up... I have started to do Single target healing on boss fights and am able to do the well... guild is progressing nicely and finally found my niche

Thanks guys for all the help

Decimals

Quote Originally Posted by Ott View Post
    If your interested in specializing in single target healing, you will always be behind on the meters. And that is just fine.
    On general healing, yes. But if you really want to study the WWS, you should look at "Who heals whom" tab. There you will probably see that a single target healer has something about 40~60% of the healing that the MT received. If you have something like this, you are doing your job, no need to worry about meters.
    And if someone says that you are not a good healer because of the "general healing" tab, he is the one that doesn't know how to heal, haha.

Don't forget, your HPS will also change with group composition. Be prepared for that if you next run has different healers.
    [Insert witty signature here]

+ Reply to Thread