+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Requesting Feedback on my Prot Spec.

Requesting Feedback on my Prot Spec.

The World of Warcraft Armory

I have always been a DPS kinda guy, and never really found myself tanking much in WoW. I am looking to get any tips or incite on my current prot. build.

I'm not a forums kinda guy and so.... if I have lengthy time between posts or crappy english I'll say sorry now. XD

That's almost the spec I'm planning on 80. I think I'd go with ... 3 points off Cruelty and into Armored to the Teeth. The impression I get from the others here is that 3% crit isn't that big a deal considering you're cruising at at +15% to all your important abilities anyway, vs. +attack power. Then again, I'm not 80 yet, so I can't vouch for that 100%.

You may also be able to drop a few points from prot (3 exactly; I understand that higher level tanks consider dropping points from the first tier shield talent, if they've got enough SBR) to get AttT, cruelty, and impale maxed (my plan).

moved

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

To better help you it would be good to know what your goal is. Are you to tank mainly in 10/25 man raids (and if so; MT or OT?) or are we talking instance groups?

Is your goal to soak up damage or to try to do maximum damage while tanking?

+ Reply to Thread