+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Feral Druid Gemming (agi vs dodge)

Feral Druid Gemming (agi vs dodge)

Hi All,

I recently gemmed all my gear using the regal twilight opal's (12 stam/8 dodge) and in hindsight I'm realizing that the stam/agi purple gems are likely better for feral.

How much better? Does anyone have mathz? I'm somewhat behind on the wotlk changes to stats.

Assuming 39.35 agi = 1% dodge and 39.35 dodge rating = 1% dodge and the gems have 8 dodge/8 agi on them respectively. What difference do the gems offer in terms of dodge (the agi will give negligable armor and some crit)? Why are people going with the agi gems -- is there something in terms of DR that I'm missing, or is it just the extra crit/armor?

Regemming all my gear with the shifting twilight opals would give 56 agi over 56 dodge for;

118 base armor and .6% crit. Worth it? But doesn't that decay my agi dr faster?

Also -- what's a solid gem for yellow socket? I'm currently socketed with stam/def green gems. Wondering about the agi/hit ones, although I don't like the idea of skipping on stam.

Cheers,
    -Gescom
    Last edited by Gescom; 12-04-2008 at 10:40 AM.

sorry had a brain fart and realized that avoids yellow completely... hit would probably be good
    Last edited by Snugglasaur; 12-04-2008 at 10:42 AM.

One thing to think about is that Blessing of Kings increases Agility.

Quote Originally Posted by soliduck View Post
    One thing to think about is that Blessing of Kings increases Agility.
    Yeah this is mine point too, BoK will make 1agi 1.1agi while 1dodge will be 1 dodge.
    Hybrid - Druid/Paladin

Agi gets the Kings and SotF multipliers, and it increases your crit chance and armor. It will also give you AP/crit if you need to switch to dps for part of an encounter.

For yellow sockets, reroll JC. Stam/def and agi/hit are both acceptable though, I guess.

Also the "agi DR" you mention is nonexistant. Each type of avoidance has a separate diminishing return, but changing whether you get dodge from agi or from dodge rating will not save you from running into the same dodge DR.
    Last edited by Kusi; 12-05-2008 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gescom View Post
    Hi All,

I recently gemmed all my gear using the regal twilight opal's (12 stam/8 dodge) and in hindsight I'm realizing that the stam/agi purple gems are likely better for feral.

How much better? Does anyone have mathz? I'm somewhat behind on the wotlk changes to stats.

Assuming 39.35 agi = 1% dodge and 39.35 dodge rating = 1% dodge and the gems have 8 dodge/8 agi on them respectively. What difference do the gems offer in terms of dodge (the agi will give negligable armor and some crit)? Why are people going with the agi gems -- is there something in terms of DR that I'm missing, or is it just the extra crit/armor?

Regemming all my gear with the shifting twilight opals would give 56 agi over 56 dodge for;

118 base armor and .6% crit. Worth it? But doesn't that decay my agi dr faster?

Also -- what's a solid gem for yellow socket? I'm currently socketed with stam/def green gems. Wondering about the agi/hit ones, although I don't like the idea of skipping on stam.

Cheers,
    -Gescom

except for one small problem

/rant I HATE YOU BLIZZARD WHERE ARE MT SHIFTING TWILIGHT OPALS WHY DID YOU NOT PUT THE PATTERN IN THE GAME SDGASDGQSE @#TWDCFASD
    /rant end

so yes, blizzard conviently forgot to put a lot of gem patterns into the game, shifting twilight opals being one of them.

I think the best yellow socket is expertise/hit or agi/hit - depends on what you put in red ones.
    .......Millet
    <Remorseless>

Did they change how much dodge is needed per class? I must admit I haven't really read up on all the real tweaking since before 3.0 and then druid was the only class that got cheaper dodge rating from agi than from dodge itself. at lvl 70 you needed less that 15 agility to get 1% dodge (warriors needed 30 agility to get 1% dodge) and all classes needed ~19 dodge to get 1% dodge. Did this all change so that all classes need ~40 agility to get 1% dodge?
    You want to cry, you go right ahead and cry. No one here
    is going to think of you as a little girl, or a sissy-man.

+ Reply to Thread