sex this up with some more text/explanations and I'll sticky it! ;D
I. Emblem of Heroism Pick Order
- Chained Military Gorget (25)
- Chestguard of the Lost Protector [+] (80)
- Gloves of the Lost Protector [+] (60)
- Waistguard of Living Iron (40)
- Valor Medal of the First War (40)
Thought Process behind the list
The Badge err... Emblem of Heroism Pick Order - Warriors - TankingTips.com
- Chained Military Gorget > Titanium Earthguard Chain - if you do already have the JC neck, then the Gorget moves to 4th on the list and should be taken before the Trinket
- Waistguard of Living Iron > Ancient Aligned Girdle
- Crygil's Discarded Plate Panel (35) doesn't make the list b/c Titansteel Shield Wall and Royal Crest of Lordaeron are very similar with the former being quicker to acquire and aiding more in reaching 540 Defense and the latter having very similar stats while being superior for maintaining 540 Defense
How do I acquire Emblem of Heroism?
II. Emblem of Valor Pick Order
- Every 5-man boss on Heroic Difficulty will drop 1 Emblem
- Heroic Daily Quests like Proof of Demise: Anub'arak give you 2 Emblems for looting a quest item off the final Boss of the specified 5-man Heroic
- 10-man Sartharion's Satchel of Spoils contains 5 Emblems for 1 raid member
- 10-man Sartharion & each of his Drakes drop an Emblem for a total of 4 Emblems from his zone
- 10-man Archavon the Stone Watcher (the PvP raid boss) drops 2 Emblems
- All boss in 10-man Naxxramas drop 1 Emblem with the exception of the final boss, Kel'Thuzad who drops 2 Emblems
- 10-man Malygos' chest contains 2 Emblems
- Signet of the Impregnable Fortress (25)
- Platinum Mesh Cloak (25)
- Kyzoc's Ground Stompers (40)
- Bracers of Dalaran's Parapets (60)
- Legplates of the Lost Protector [+] (75)
- Mantle of the Lost Protector [+] (60)
Thought Process behind the list
The Emblem of Valor Pick Order - Warriors - TankingTips.com
- The Ring and Cloak are the only "Best in slot" pieces on the list
- The Cloak ranks lower than the Ring since Sartharion10's cloak is very easy to get
- The boots and bracers aren't best in slot, but are obvious worth picking up if you haven't been fortunate enough to pick up Sabatons of Endurance or Bracers of the Unholy Knight
- You'll probably never buy either of the T7 pieces
Are Bracers of Dalaran's Parapets really BOE?
Yes. If you don't want to buy DPS upgrades with your extra Emblems (even though you should) then you can continue to buy these in order to sell them for ridiculous amounts of gold.
How do I acquire Emblem of Valor?
- 25-man Sartharion's Large Satchel of Spoils contains 5 Emblems for 1 raid member
- 25-man Sartharion & each of his Drakes drop an Emblem for a total of 4 Emblems from his zone
- 25-man Archavon the Stone Watcher (the PvP raid boss) drops 2 Emblems
- All boss in 25-man Naxxramas drop 1 Emblem with the exception of the final boss, Kel'Thuzad who drops 2 Emblems
- 25-man Malygos' chest contains 2 Emblems
Last edited by veneretio; 12-19-2008 at 09:57 AM.
I asked him to repost it, it's meant in part to promote his blog. Go ahead and sticky!
Vene - on the chest vs neck note. I have the Skadi neck from utgarde and the reanimated armor from the un-taxidermy boss. Delay on neck to get T7 chest, or go for neck anyhow?
As far as this order goes, I'm curious if you'd recommend the same order for me to follow as far as upgrades..
The World of Warcraft Armory
I understand the obvious easy upgrades, revered with wyrmcrest for chest, various enchants I could do, but my question is actually: Would I be better off replacing my belt first instead of my necklace, since it actually has me close to defense cap. I just hit 80 day before yesterday, but I'm starting to realize that capping D at 80 is a LOT more difficult than it was at 70.
edit: I have my HoL trinket for defense already, just not showing..
Great guide, as always. I used your Badge guide for BC, recommended to a ton of people, found it to be extremely useful.
The badge offerings are kind of limited right now, and I'm thinking of saving up badges (probably not even worth it right now) for the next big content patch that will release more badge gear.
I was lucky as far as drops go from heroics, as I got all the major epic drops from all heroics, which meant that getting certain badge pieces wasn't even close to a priority anymore. Infact, right now, I'm just waiting to get into 25mans (guild is doing 2 10man groups right now, its part of a whole "weeding out the bad players" bit right now) to get major upgrades. Anyway, kind of lost my point but...I'm not sold on the Valor Fist. I'm currently using commendation and The Essence of Gossamer for the stamina (probably have better options for commendation but I still love it). I would hate to use badges on it, and then replace it in a week or two. Would you still suggest getting it for a tank that's going to be raiding 25mans in a week or two?
As to the Valor Fist, I think it is a solid option especially over the Commendation. There really is a lack of trinkets at this time and unless you're very lucky, I wouldn't expect to be flooded with superior options immediately upon knocking down Naxx 25's gate.
M'kay, thanks for the reply. Guess I'll start saving badges again, recently blew all of them on fury gear.
I'm starting to accumulate Emblems of Valor so I am eagerly waiting for your take on that gear. I'm guessing the pick will be very dependent on what drops a tank has already received while earning those Emblems of Valor.
Ya, it was directed towards Celandro who said if you can afford it, it's better to go for T7... which is exactly what the list says. There'll be Rare quality gems added in the next patch purchasable for 10 Emblems of Heroism.
Also, I've updated the guide with an Emblem of Valor Pick Order.
Last edited by veneretio; 12-19-2008 at 09:58 AM.