+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vene's Emblem Guide + Pick Orders

Vene's Emblem Guide + Pick Orders

I. Emblem of Heroism Pick Order
    1. Chained Military Gorget (25)
    2. Chestguard of the Lost Protector [+] (80)
    3. Gloves of the Lost Protector [+] (60)
    4. Waistguard of Living Iron (40)
    5. Valor Medal of the First War (40)

Thought Process behind the list
    The Badge err... Emblem of Heroism Pick Order - Warriors - TankingTips.com
    How do I acquire Emblem of Heroism?
    • Every 5-man boss on Heroic Difficulty will drop 1 Emblem
    • Heroic Daily Quests like Proof of Demise: Anub'arak give you 2 Emblems for looting a quest item off the final Boss of the specified 5-man Heroic
    • 10-man Sartharion's Satchel of Spoils contains 5 Emblems for 1 raid member
    • 10-man Sartharion & each of his Drakes drop an Emblem for a total of 4 Emblems from his zone
    • 10-man Archavon the Stone Watcher (the PvP raid boss) drops 2 Emblems
    • All boss in 10-man Naxxramas drop 1 Emblem with the exception of the final boss, Kel'Thuzad who drops 2 Emblems
    • 10-man Malygos' chest contains 2 Emblems
    II. Emblem of Valor Pick Order
    1. Signet of the Impregnable Fortress (25)
    2. Platinum Mesh Cloak (25)
    3. Kyzoc's Ground Stompers (40)
    4. Bracers of Dalaran's Parapets (60)
    5. Legplates of the Lost Protector [+] (75)
    6. Mantle of the Lost Protector [+] (60)

Thought Process behind the list
    The Emblem of Valor Pick Order - Warriors - TankingTips.com
    • The Ring and Cloak are the only "Best in slot" pieces on the list
    • The Cloak ranks lower than the Ring since Sartharion10's cloak is very easy to get
    • The boots and bracers aren't best in slot, but are obvious worth picking up if you haven't been fortunate enough to pick up Sabatons of Endurance or Bracers of the Unholy Knight
    • You'll probably never buy either of the T7 pieces

Are Bracers of Dalaran's Parapets really BOE?

Yes. If you don't want to buy DPS upgrades with your extra Emblems (even though you should) then you can continue to buy these in order to sell them for ridiculous amounts of gold.

How do I acquire Emblem of Valor?
    • 25-man Sartharion's Large Satchel of Spoils contains 5 Emblems for 1 raid member
    • 25-man Sartharion & each of his Drakes drop an Emblem for a total of 4 Emblems from his zone
    • 25-man Archavon the Stone Watcher (the PvP raid boss) drops 2 Emblems
    • All boss in 25-man Naxxramas drop 1 Emblem with the exception of the final boss, Kel'Thuzad who drops 2 Emblems
    • 25-man Malygos' chest contains 2 Emblems
    Last edited by veneretio; 12-19-2008 at 09:57 AM.

sex this up with some more text/explanations and I'll sticky it! ;D

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I asked him to repost it, it's meant in part to promote his blog. Go ahead and sticky!

kk.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by veneretio View Post
    to come soon
    Sure...you've been saying that since the 28th now...

Quote Originally Posted by TomHuxley View Post
    Sure...you've been saying that since the 28th now...

Lol, I forgot I even wrote that there! That being said, I'll never do it if I don't chip away at it.

Vene - on the chest vs neck note. I have the Skadi neck from utgarde and the reanimated armor from the un-taxidermy boss. Delay on neck to get T7 chest, or go for neck anyhow?

Quote Originally Posted by Alent View Post
    Vene - on the chest vs neck note. I have the Skadi neck from utgarde and the reanimated armor from the un-taxidermy boss. Delay on neck to get T7 chest, or go for neck anyhow?
    Get the Neck and get Revered with Wyrmrest Accord for Breastplate of the Solemn Council - Item - World of Warcraft

Lol, I forgot I even wrote that there! That being said, I'll never do it if I don't chip away at it.
    We all have to balance this stuff around the rest of real life. I appreciate that you do it at all

As far as this order goes, I'm curious if you'd recommend the same order for me to follow as far as upgrades..

The World of Warcraft Armory

I understand the obvious easy upgrades, revered with wyrmcrest for chest, various enchants I could do, but my question is actually: Would I be better off replacing my belt first instead of my necklace, since it actually has me close to defense cap. I just hit 80 day before yesterday, but I'm starting to realize that capping D at 80 is a LOT more difficult than it was at 70.

edit: I have my HoL trinket for defense already, just not showing..

Quote Originally Posted by Waitfuragro View Post
    As far as this order goes, I'm curious if you'd recommend the same order for me to follow as far as upgrades..

The World of Warcraft Armory

I understand the obvious easy upgrades, revered with wyrmcrest for chest, various enchants I could do, but my question is actually: Would I be better off replacing my belt first instead of my necklace, since it actually has me close to defense cap. I just hit 80 day before yesterday, but I'm starting to realize that capping D at 80 is a LOT more difficult than it was at 70.

edit: I have my HoL trinket for defense already, just not showing..
    You already mentioned enchants but there is 22 defense rating to chest and 16 defense rating to cloak, that should help.

Great guide, as always. I used your Badge guide for BC, recommended to a ton of people, found it to be extremely useful.

The badge offerings are kind of limited right now, and I'm thinking of saving up badges (probably not even worth it right now) for the next big content patch that will release more badge gear.

I was lucky as far as drops go from heroics, as I got all the major epic drops from all heroics, which meant that getting certain badge pieces wasn't even close to a priority anymore. Infact, right now, I'm just waiting to get into 25mans (guild is doing 2 10man groups right now, its part of a whole "weeding out the bad players" bit right now) to get major upgrades. Anyway, kind of lost my point but...I'm not sold on the Valor Fist. I'm currently using commendation and The Essence of Gossamer for the stamina (probably have better options for commendation but I still love it). I would hate to use badges on it, and then replace it in a week or two. Would you still suggest getting it for a tank that's going to be raiding 25mans in a week or two?

Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    The badge offerings are kind of limited right now, and I'm thinking of saving up badges (probably not even worth it right now) for the next big content patch that will release more badge gear.

Anyway, kind of lost my point but...I'm not sold on the Valor Fist. I'm currently using commendation and The Essence of Gossamer for the stamina (probably have better options for commendation but I still love it). I would hate to use badges on it, and then replace it in a week or two. Would you still suggest getting it for a tank that's going to be raiding 25mans in a week or two?
    If I recall, there was a Blue post stating they would be adding new "Badges" with each content patch. So, we shouldn't expect a situation like last time where you'll be buying T6 gear with badges from heroics.

As to the Valor Fist, I think it is a solid option especially over the Commendation. There really is a lack of trinkets at this time and unless you're very lucky, I wouldn't expect to be flooded with superior options immediately upon knocking down Naxx 25's gate.

M'kay, thanks for the reply. Guess I'll start saving badges again, recently blew all of them on fury gear.

Chained Military Gorget > Titanium Earthguard Chain - if you do already have the JC neck, then the Gorget moves to 4th on the list and should be taken before the Trinket
    I don't think this is true. The titanium earthguard chain has armor and a socket so it is quite a bit better for effective health. Going for T7 is a better investment if you have the gold to buy a necklace.

Quote Originally Posted by Celandro View Post
    I don't think this is true. The titanium earthguard chain has armor and a socket so it is quite a bit better for effective health. Going for T7 is a better investment if you have the gold to buy a necklace.
    I've been thinking the same thing. I've got an expertise & stam gem in the socket so thats 6 more stam and 8 more strength plus the armor. I lose dodge and hit but I gain a little expertise. I'm just seeing these two necks as really close and since I allready have the crafted one I can't see spending emblems.

Quote Originally Posted by Celandro View Post
    From the post.
    "if you do already have the JC neck, then the Gorget moves to 4th on the list and should be taken before the Trinket"

From the post.
    "if you do already have the JC neck, then the Gorget moves to 4th on the list and should be taken before the Trinket"
    I saw that, Vene. I'm just not convinced the Gorget and Trinket are even worth getting at all. I guess I need to do something with all the emblems of heroism I'm getting though. I wish there were epic gems to buy with the emblems like you could do in BC with badges.

I'm starting to accumulate Emblems of Valor so I am eagerly waiting for your take on that gear. I'm guessing the pick will be very dependent on what drops a tank has already received while earning those Emblems of Valor.

Ya, it was directed towards Celandro who said if you can afford it, it's better to go for T7... which is exactly what the list says. There'll be Rare quality gems added in the next patch purchasable for 10 Emblems of Heroism.

Also, I've updated the guide with an Emblem of Valor Pick Order.
    Last edited by veneretio; 12-19-2008 at 09:58 AM.

Very nice post, I had been trying to figure out which order you should get these in.

+ Reply to Thread