+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Naxxramas Instructor Razuvious

Quote Originally Posted by Paliee View Post
    Today i ran 25 man down this guy with 2 mages spell stealing a bone shield from the trash mobs (was being off tanked) and the shadow priest MC.
    Hope to have a video soon to show everyone you do not need 2 priest!
    I'm pretty sure that buff is no longer stealable, because mages were Soloing bosses with it as I understand.

This boss is all about the two tanks being on the same page. If the tanks actually are aware of what's going on and how/when to activate and release, he might be one of the easiest bosses in Naxxramas.

I have come to a conclusion that Raz in 10 man is way too easy...

All the things said here are right, keeping up a rotation of BS and taunts is required but somehow nobody mentioned how riddiculously easy it is to do so.

After the first undrestudy is MCed by the 1st orb he can start his cycle. 5-10 seconds into the fight the second undrestudy should be MCed and in about 5 seconds the first tank should calll to the second to taunt him off. that is it. You have pretty much killed him.
    The easy part is that all u have to do now is to use bone shiled and taunt as soon as their cooldown wears off.. It matches the rotation time precisely.
    U will have to release the understudy once or twice< but guess what - when you take control of him again - the cooldowns are still running! Basically if you did your tanking then had the 2nd tank take him, release youd add and MC him again - your cooldwons on taunt and BS will still be running from the time before - you dont have to coordinate anything, just proceed with boneshield+taunt right when it cools down.
    Razzoc of Kill Loot Repeat , Sylvanas EU

dumb question from holy priest

Can anyone explain to idiot me, in very simple terms, *why* a holy priest needs hit rating gear to MC an understudy? I have not tried it yet (altho I've healed successful kills when shad and/or disc priests did the MC), but my guild has recently started assigning to me otherwise unclaimed hit rating gear with the instruction that I was to carry it for later MC assignments. Thank you very much. (I've noticed plenty of posts that mentioned the hit rating, but couldn't find one that explained the relevant hit rating mechanic.)

Every few seconds there's what's called a "heartbeat tick" on a mob that's been mind controlled, CC'd, etc. Every heartbeat tick, your MC target has a chance to break MC based on your spell miss chance. Enough Hit rating reduces this chance to zero.

I am having trouble viewing this video. It says that it is no longer availible. Is anyone else having this issue?

What is the ui add-on he uses for his personal health/rage display???

Thanks for this vid Cider, Tried it tonight, our second attempt at this boss ever, and 1 shotted it like we've been doing it for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Alent View Post
    Every few seconds there's what's called a "heartbeat tick" on a mob that's been mind controlled, CC'd, etc. Every heartbeat tick, your MC target has a chance to break MC based on your spell miss chance. Enough Hit rating reduces this chance to zero.
    thanks for the info man, my entire guild thought someone was dotting up the 2 understudies. We were actually told that the hit chance was only to land a hit on mc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    @Malaphar

I fail to see the reasoning behind using 4 different people to use the MC Orbs in the 10 man version. Doing this with 2 people MCing, not only produces much better communication between the "tanks" about when to taunt and when MC is being released, but also alleviates the need for anyone to stop or slow DPS to do so.

Using 4 people to do the work of 2 just is counterintuitive to me. It is a good idea to have a "back up" if something happens like happened in Cider's video (yes we noticed the understudy ganking your priest.) But its not necessary to have 4.

The fight is one of the easier encounters in Naxxramas. Unfortunately, it probably has the most trash in front of him than any other boss in the instance.
    I agree 100% here. If you pulled this off, kudos, but that is making a mountain out of a mole hill. Far too many people needing to be calling out to other people to taunt.

My group did this very successfully using both tanks to MC, 2 priests to heal the understudies and the rest of the DPS, a few of which being fresh 80s with minimal, if any heroic gear. Vent was free of chatter, save for my voice and my off tank calling out to let each other know when to taunt.

As far as the MC'ing process. To initiate the encounter, click the crystal ONCE, and once you MC your target, pop BS, auto attack and wail away. Second US is MC'd by this time and starts auto attack. Call out to OT for taunt at 5 seconds, roughly. We use Deadly Boss Mods to help with that. Repeat a second time when the OT's BS runs out, then by right clicking the US' portrait under your own, select dismiss.

Here, you will be at the crystal where you started, wait 1-2 seconds and, again, click the crystal ONCE. If you don't pick up the mob within 2 seconds, click ONCE again. DO NOT EVER, under any circumstance, click the crystal multiple times. This is a recipe for an accidental release and may possibly cause the loss of heals and/or dps.

Be patient when MC'ing the mobs. You really need to go in with a level head. You have a window of time where the US will "orient" himself before attacking and spam clicking the crystal will not improve the rate at which you MC the US, so stay calm and relaxed. At worst, you miss, the raid wipes, you pick it up again. Unless your guild/group is full of *jerks* to put it nicely, a wipe should not be the end of the world/raid.
    Secundinius <Dead Poets Society> Durotan
    Paladin Tank - 0/56/15 Deeps - 9/10/52 (for now)

Deleted
    Last edited by Argamasilla; 03-10-2009 at 02:26 PM. Reason: nm

Addon

I have to ask...what is the addon you use for that fantastic floating conbat text? I use one but it pops up right in the centre of the screen and yours floats nicely around it!

Hey I was just looking for this same answer, is there a pet bar that has to be turned on? or a mod that can be downloaded? I to am a pally and can not dismiss the lacky, so we let a rouge control and i just picked up the lacky when the MC dropped.. is there an answer. i see on the Tankspot Video he uses the pet bar, i would love to be able to see how ya get that pet bar.. any answers?

Hello, this boss was my first attempt at a raid, because it was the weekly kill, and I pugged it. Never having been on a raid before I was hesitant to try to main tank, so I was off-tanking for a pally, and I guess this isn't really an issue for the boss himself because that chaos was nothing at all like the video I saw I don't even know where to begin. Well I do, but that's for the second half of the question I guess. My question since this is my first time dealing with 25 people at once, and I'm not supposed to be "main" tanking.

There aren't a large number of mobs for each pull leading up to the boss, a bunch of packs of 3, a couple packs of 4, and some horses. What is the general strategy when you see a new patrol incoming, and you can see the warlock's seed of corruption just leaving his hands? On 5man's I just pop challenging shout, but seeing as I'm an off-tank, doing that caught only 2 of the 3 that got hit, along with the 3-4 that were on the main tank, not optimal, by any stretch, even with shield block up half of them are hitting me from behind. I took to standing back by the dps casters so challenging shout doesn't interfere with the tank, but they still axed the dps before I could keep agro. What I'm kind of looking for is what strategy you use when that might happen? Do you hold off on AE's like shockwave and thunderclap or just "use early use often". I can bet that it only gets more complicated the further raids progress.

My second question is more to do with the boss himself. Our fight started(and i immagine quite a few do) by everything running at the priest and him dying. I beleive our main tank went to the back with 2 students, he was behind a corner so I'm not sure what exactly he had, but there were 3 mobs on the rest of the raid. With only 1 priest alive, should i be crumpling into a fetal position and wrapping it up? Or what am i supposed to be doing. The video I watched doesn't look at all like what was happening, and I guess I wasn't prepared.

+ Reply to Thread