+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Naxxramas Four Horsemen

Quote Originally Posted by Viveri View Post
    You have to remember that although your being a "Tank", you still always need to be far enough away from both Sir Zeliek and Lady so that theyre forced to cast spells on you. You should NEVER be in melee range of either of them.
    Little correction: Lady Blameaux and Sir Zeliek don't have melee attack AT ALL, they are chain casting Shadow Bolt and Holy Bolt, respectively, on their primary aggro target throughout the fight. It doesn't matter whether you are in melee range or not (using WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft as reference). Only reason why I can think you shouldn't be in melee range is the fact that you have to cover more distance when you run to switch from Blameaux to Zeliek and vice versa.

4 horsemen with achievement

Here is our 4 horsemen kill video with some music and the achievement if it helps anyone with positioning and "tank cycling"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q23iRjOsWbE&fmt=22]YouTube - Four Horsemen in Naxxramas in High Def Definition with Achievement[/ame]

Back First

One thing that my guild does (because the switches in the back are our problems), is to have all the dps(except one ranged) stack on Lady Blaumeux, then we burn her down, switching every three marks with Sir Zeliek. After that, all but two of the ranged dps run to Thane Kor'Thazz and follow the tank that's currently on him. The two dps in the back switch out every three marks to let the marks fade, and one healer is left back outside of the marks to keep them up.

After Thane goes down, the dps then down Baron Rivendare, switching out with the tank/healer group that's not with the dps. Finally, the dps go and kill Sir Zeliek.

We tried this out on our last run, and despite a few mixups because of the damage on the front row(marks+meteor) it worked very well.

if you watch my video above, this is a safe and easy way to down all 4 along with the achievement. If were aren't doing the achievement, we stack and burn the first with heroism, then rotate to each. If you watch my video, you can get 2 for 1 though....

I didn't read all 4 pages, but my guild has tried the fight as shown on the TS video without success. For some reason, the only times we have been able to kill the Four Horsemen is when the DPS all go to the back two mobs and dps them down as fast as possible. After that, the dps come up front and finish the job. We have only been running for a few weeks as it is a new guild, but we have 1-shotted them 3 times with this strategy. Something to think about it your guild is having trouble.

From Blood and Honor

We find it a little bit easier if you down the first two without switching. This of course leads to be more healer intensive, but was much easier than the tanks switching targets. Once we get to the back two we then begin to switch between once the debuff stacks 3 times.

Hey my guilds hitting Naxx 10 after so many PuG's
    ive offtanked the back 2 with a healer freind is that an okay method or would it be betetr like you explained with peopl that can self heal E.G druid , pala

and any other hints and tips for a hunter in naxx 10 would be welcome ^^ tyvm
    btw great videos, i have directed guild members and freinds to check here for info =)

maybe i am not capable of comprehending such a complex fight (wouldnt be the first time), but i dont under stand a few parts of the fight.

when the bosses are aggroed, they automaticly go to their designated corner. are they limited to that corner? could they decide to follow you toward the other corner?

i also dont understand what is going on in the back. a ret pally and a boomkin are tanking the 2 in back. does this require specialized gear? how much do these guys hit for? do they switch off as well, every 3 stacks, trade places?

this fight (theoreticly, i have never gotten into a naxx that can clear anything other then spider) seems like it would be much easier on 25 man, as you can have 4 tanks. but then again, what do i know?

Could you possibly post a video on how to complete the acheivement for killing them all within 15 seconds of each other

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Should be working! Enjoy!
    this video as well as all the other tankspot vids i have seen are super helpful. it helped my guild finish 10 man naxx..lol. anyway, i was wondering, what addon is being used to have the screen set up as it is? with names flashing up as to who is taking damage, how much damage is being taken, and so forth. anyone know what addon that is?

No Offtanks

I might have missed something, but is there any reason why you don't tank the Thane and Baron back by Zeliek and Blaumeux? Wouldn't that clear up the need for Offtanks and not increase damage taken by raid that much?

I'm probably just missing something, but you wouldn't get more than 2x3 marks, wich is like 8k damage, and then it would be like 20 sec before raid taking more damage from marks.

Regards, Pi of the Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Galexior View Post
    maybe i am not capable of comprehending such a complex fight (wouldnt be the first time), but i dont under stand a few parts of the fight.

when the bosses are aggroed, they automaticly go to their designated corner. are they limited to that corner? could they decide to follow you toward the other corner?

i also dont understand what is going on in the back. a ret pally and a boomkin are tanking the 2 in back. does this require specialized gear? how much do these guys hit for? do they switch off as well, every 3 stacks, trade places?

this fight (theoreticly, i have never gotten into a naxx that can clear anything other then spider) seems like it would be much easier on 25 man, as you can have 4 tanks. but then again, what do i know?
    The two horses in the back are rooted and can not be moved. The two horses up front however can be moved.

In the back what is going on is that each of the horses is casting a small ranged spell that hits for between 2-3k and a unique skill (white has chain lighting like thing, black makes pot holes of death) in addition to stacking a debuff. So what the back "tanks" do is sit there and heal themselves (and black side tank is moving out of the pot holes) until they get three stacks of debuff and then they simultaneously switch sides. They do this over and over until the end of the encounter.

This is the key to the entire fight if the back two people do not have the timing right, stand too far away from their horse, or die a raid wide AOE hits everyone for a lot of damage every second and the entire raid will more than likely be dead with only a very few of those. I have not yet had a raid wipe from the front side messing up, it's all dependent on the backside.

I do know that for the front side my group trades horses because the horses move faster than tanks run so it's faster to get back into position. DPS also doesn't have to move that way and so you don't have to worry about people getting lost.

I will say though that if you have back down good meteor will be the only thing that could threaten your entire raid. If you work around that you could get the achievement really easy by having 1 set of debuffs for thane, 1 for baron, 1 for thane (but don't kill him), 1 for baron (but don't kill him), 1 for black (in the back), 1 for white, 1 for black (don't kill), 1 for white (don't kill), spread out and kill everyone at the same time. DPS (only 4 people would be on DPS) would go from 2nd baron straight to the back while the tank was trading the horses or even just before. But all tanks and heal-tanks and heals would be dedicated to their normal tasks.

Thank you so much. this video and all the comments helped me out so much in naxx tonight. we downed the 4 horseman like it was nothing. i was very nervous, because i was chosen to tank one fo the back bosses, and i am a hunter. the fight seems like ti is really complex at first, but it is really simple. thank you Ciderhelm and everyone else.

4 bosses, 2 tanks?

So once you start the four bosses are being split up into 4 different parts of the room. But since you have 2 tanks, the other 2 in the back are being tanked by 2 dps per boss?

we owned him

my guild lacks listening but we have the dps we need for it so we have devised a plan for 10 and 25 man..have ret pallys and moonkins in back as you said for 10...as 25 man we have our DK's swap gear and go into frost presence and tank the adds in the back...2 healers are back there and in the front we do NOT swap..we use every cooldown we have and we get them both down each taking around 40 seconds....the back we do swap but we have to watch our own debuffs most people must not believe me i am sure but it is true

Back 2 bosses

Hey i was asking myself y you were tanking the 2 back horses not at melee range you can still hit them just wondering y you dont.

Quote Originally Posted by TitansGripFury View Post
    So once you start the four bosses are being split up into 4 different parts of the room. But since you have 2 tanks, the other 2 in the back are being tanked by 2 dps per boss?

Essentially that is the mechanic of the encounter. There really only needs to be 2 tanks in this fight. 1 Tanking Baron Rivendare, and the other Tanking Thane Kor'Thaz. The two back bosses Zeliek and Blameux are not incredibly hard hitters but Blameux can be a problem if you're back guys can't keep track of the void zones.

After a few different strategies, our most effective one (a 1 shot) was an Unholy DPS DK starting on Blameux, a ret Pally on Zeliek, and a balance druid with our DK. (this was for quick heals during switches)

Our front end was consisted of Unholy DK Tank (myself) and a holy pally, starting on rivendare. And our MT with the bulk of the group with Thane Kor'Thaz.

We tried Taunt trading and stying in teh same corners, We didn't like the mechanics, so we decided a full switch would be better, with a taunt during the run. Which worked wonders. Ideally, The two back mobs don't need to be "Tanked" they just need to be occupied long enough for your raid to kill the first two since they are melee, and will follow you. The back two will not.

Ok, my guild has a small problem here. We had a holy pala and a mage in the back last night, and the issue were the pot holes. They're both experienced but the holes kept killing them. Are we doing something wrong? Is there a good way to avoid the pot holes or at least a way to reduce the effects from them? The mage only had about 12-13k HP, might that be the problem?

Raid Wide AOE Problems

Hey all,

Some input would be nice on the positioning of the two people in the back.

Just for some background, we did our set up a bit differently:

Thane - Druid tank (me), BM Hunter, Fury Warrior, Disc Priest heals
    Baron - Prot Pally, Rogue, Unholy DK, Resto Sham
    Back two - Druid heals and SV Hunter

After three stacks, Thane and Baron group would switch (at least in theory, we didn't last that long).

First wipe was some mis-timing on the pull and some typing on the resto druid, so he died and we got AoE'd to bits.
    Second wipe, AoE'd to bits but we were pretty sure our positioning back there was fine.
    Third wipe, same as second. So much that the resto druid was standing practically next to the lady DK.

So, other than the 45 yard radius those two should be in... is there anything in particular about positioning with those back two? (ie: have to be standing in front of them, etc)

Thanks for your time and input!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthRegis View Post
    Hey all,

Some input would be nice on the positioning of the two people in the back.

Just for some background, we did our set up a bit differently:

Thane - Druid tank (me), BM Hunter, Fury Warrior, Disc Priest heals
    Baron - Prot Pally, Rogue, Unholy DK, Resto Sham
    Back two - Druid heals and SV Hunter

After three stacks, Thane and Baron group would switch (at least in theory, we didn't last that long).

First wipe was some mis-timing on the pull and some typing on the resto druid, so he died and we got AoE'd to bits.
    Second wipe, AoE'd to bits but we were pretty sure our positioning back there was fine.
    Third wipe, same as second. So much that the resto druid was standing practically next to the lady DK.

So, other than the 45 yard radius those two should be in... is there anything in particular about positioning with those back two? (ie: have to be standing in front of them, etc)

Thanks for your time and input!
    We used the exact same setup for the back 2 in 10man.

I think the key to this, from what I recall from our druid healer saying is to make sure the healer is in range of the hunter but making sure he can shift as necessary as to not get both marks at the same time. Also during the meteor phase, just make sure you are stacked together to spread the damage. If you do that, then you should survive long enough until the front arrives to help.

+ Reply to Thread