+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Naxxramas Four Horsemen

Question, after you down Thane (I believe the first to die), and you switch to the 2nd Horseman to kill, what happens with the marks? you dont switch with any side so are no marks created or is it a dps race to kill the boss before the marks stack too much?

Quote Originally Posted by Viveri View Post
    Question, after you down Thane (I believe the first to die), and you switch to the 2nd Horseman to kill, what happens with the marks? you dont switch with any side so are no marks created or is it a dps race to kill the boss before the marks stack too much?
    Marks are still created however there are no Thane marks being created. Yes Thane should be the first to die as his meteor is the most damaging attack out of the four horsemen. However you still have marks of Rivendare, Lady and Zeliek. The fight doesn't change and you will have to rotate between the three of them.

After Thane dies your raid should continue a boss tanking rotation so marks don't stack too much, but it usually depends on where Rivendare's life is (I'm using Rivendare as an example as he's the usual second target). If his life is low then all dps usually piles up on him then kills him. Everyone the goes to Lady and Zeliek and rotate between them. If Rivendare's life isn't that close you can have dps rotate between the remaining horsemen until Rivendare is down. Then finish up the encounter with Lady and Zeliek.

In the 25 man we have a Death Knight and a hunter in the back with healers on the stairs .

The healers are getting stacks of debuff - is this a positioning error or is that unavoidable?

Can 2 well geared healers simply handle the back on their own or do they need backup?

a way that i have found to be very successful in the first 2 encounters is:

set up the back 2 as mentioned in the thread but on the front side stick a tank and healer on each side and then completly divide your DPS among the 2. Once the battle begins you should have 2 groups 1 on each frontal boss, when the tanks reach 3 stacks, what should be done is one of the tanks will be calling out the switch, then both tanks will run/charge towards the other boss and basically meet each other half way, pull off of each other and then run back to the side the tanks were at.

Over all look of it: you will have 2 groups that do not ever switch sides. The only thing that switchs sides are the bosses on every 3 stacks.

This has always worked flawlessly for me.

hey, my guild got to this boss the other day and decided to skip it because it looked too hard, but after watching your vids, it seems a lot easier.ill make sure they watch them next time before skipping these guys. on to my question. i know u had a retadin and a boomkin tanking the 2 bosses on teh back corners.could a priest "tank" one of the ranged mobs in the back? i was wondering because they looked to do ranged spell damage , or would it be better to get another person to do it instead? tyvm!

Quote Originally Posted by levalexi View Post
    could a priest "tank" one of the ranged mobs in the back?
    Yes a priest is capable of tanking in the back. Any class capable of healing themself is capable of tanking Lady or Zeliek. I'm a mage and I've had to tank (throw ice barrier and mana shield up constantly) while my partner (priest) kept both of us alive.
    It's a Dance Dance Heigalution!
    PWAB Risk Rating: A-

kk tyvm! now we just gotta get there again!

A solid video, nice work.

one thing i couldnt make out from the video, is everyone moving between rivendare and thane? so that its just the tank and his healer left with the other guy? or is someone staying to help spread damage with meteor?

Quote Originally Posted by Rithgor View Post
    one thing i couldnt make out from the video, is everyone moving between rivendare and thane? so that its just the tank and his healer left with the other guy? or is someone staying to help spread damage with meteor?
    The way we do it is everyone rotates. An example is a tank, healer and three DPS. When another tank and I need to swap, we run towards one another, swap-taunt and run back, healer and DPS sticking with the tank the entire time.

Our ret pally is haveing a hard time keeping himself alive in the back while switching back and forth in the back. What kind of suggestions do yall have to help us with this encounter?

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents.

As a priest I've done this fight both as Disc spec (healing) and Shadow spec.

As the Healing Priest, I was in the front with Kor'Thazz and Rivendare. In the back we used Holy Paladin and Warlock. The Holy Paladin uses his Beacon of Light on the Warlock and then he heals himself and keeps both of them up as they switch sides.

Since I was the only healer with the front group I needed to heal both tanks. I was able to stay with the Kor'Thazz DPS for the Meteor, and as soon as one would land I would move across close enough to pop a Penance, PW:Shield, PoMending and Renew on the other tank before moving back to the DPS in case the next Meteor goes after me.

When I am Shadow Spec, I take the Warlocks place in the very back, as I am able to use Vamp Embrace to also heal myself and the Holy Paladin as I dps, which means we are both healing both of us, this makes things easier on him.

We haven't tried this on 25man yet so I can say if this is viable but sounds like it will still work since my DoT's tic'ing as we switch places keeps healing us both, and I can use PW:Shield on both of us as we pass by to make the switches safer.

In the 25 man version, the dmg output from the two horsemen in the back of the room was pretty substantial. We started with a ret pallie and our 3rd tank (a DK) and a healer for each of them. We tried a few different ways, but basically they kept dying. When we go back in I think we will use a 3rd healer for the 'tanks' in the back of the room.
    Also - for the caster horsemen, are the spells interuptable? If so, I could put a warrior or rogue back there and either spell reflect / shield bash or kick the whole time.

tanking strat

hello. i noticed that on four horseman, when the tanks switch for the first time on Kor'thatz and Rivendare, the dps follow the MT over to rivendare, leaving only the OT and a healer on Kor'. wouldnt the tank tank significantly more dmg from the meteor seeing as he is the only one taking the hit?

Howdy, Just finished watching the video, and I'm just wondering if you could help me understand a few things. I'm a boomkin working through the naxx10 encounter for the Four horsemen, I've been chosen to tank Lady Blaumeux in the back left corner. I attempted to tank her last night, I'm able to keep up the damage aspect, but when it comes to having to change out of form, i find that even healing myself, i'm unable to keep up the substantial amount of heals needed to keep myself alive in the encounter. A Ret pally has taken the other and is able to do fine. Any tips on what i can do to keep agro of the Lady, and also be able to keep my heals up enough to stay alive during the encounter? Would it be advised if i can't keep myself alive during the encounter, to switch for a more focused DPS role? I'm usually not one for tanking, even though it's expected of me.

In the Video you said "Highlord Mograine". the one you speak of is not the one that was previously in Naxxramas. The original "Mograine" in Naxxramas was the "Ashbringer" the one in Ebon Hold in the deathknight quest is "Highlord Mograine" is actually the son of Alexandros Mograine aka the Real Ashbringer. Which was the original in Naxxramas XD

Bit of Lore ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Cypherunreal View Post
    Howdy, Just finished watching the video, and I'm just wondering if you could help me understand a few things. I'm a boomkin working through the naxx10 encounter for the Four horsemen, I've been chosen to tank Lady Blaumeux in the back left corner. I attempted to tank her last night, I'm able to keep up the damage aspect, but when it comes to having to change out of form, i find that even healing myself, i'm unable to keep up the substantial amount of heals needed to keep myself alive in the encounter. A Ret pally has taken the other and is able to do fine. Any tips on what i can do to keep agro of the Lady, and also be able to keep my heals up enough to stay alive during the encounter? Would it be advised if i can't keep myself alive during the encounter, to switch for a more focused DPS role? I'm usually not one for tanking, even though it's expected of me.
    I'm pretty sure that Lady and Zeliek will use their (direct) spell attacks on the closest aggroing player, which should be either you or your partner, so there shouldn't be problem with aggro. You just need to "register yourself" to them every now and then with ANY spell, really. If you aren't in range or the ranged boss thinks that there is no one in range (no one close enough who has done a harmful spell against him/her recently), they will release a massive AoE-spell which WILL wipe the raid (you get a raidwarning about it too), so you know real fast if you don't have any aggro.

I've done this as a hunter enough times to feel comfortable about it and all you need to do is cast SOME harmful spell on your current target boss every now and then - of course you should be DPS'ng as hard as you can as well really, but on the first few times I was too nervous to care about anything else than not losing my bosses attention, and I noticed really quickly that simply being on auto-attack/auto-shot would suffice. The only tricky part is when you are switching sides with your partner, you should throw an instant spell at him (if you have one :P) from the run as quickly as possible to register your presence or they will do that raid-wiping AoE spell very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypherunreal View Post
    You have to remember that although your being a "Tank", you still always need to be far enough away from both Sir Zeliek and Lady so that theyre forced to cast spells on you. You should NEVER be in melee range of either of them. As a moonkin I have done this several times. There is only an approx 50 SP difference between moonkin and normal form, so you should not lose much healing... Put 1-2 hots on yourself then use quick heals, or ask the other healer (if one is with zeliek) to back you up every now and then.

The only issue I had during this fight was that I had not done the fight before; so I was unaware of what was actually going on in the back; my Healadin was complaining that he coulnd't get out of the void zones; I didn't realize that I didn't make it clear what kind of range he was dealing with; 55 yds is a lot of range to move out of void zones. Make sure they are clear on the fact that Blameaux and Zeliek CANNOT move. We wiped 3 times because they weren't aware of this and were trying to melee her, lol.

Otherwise, this is a relatively smooth, fun encounter that wraps up the most fun (and second easiest, imho) wing in Naxxramas.

Our comp was:

Thane: All DPS plus MT and Resto Shammy
    Rivendare: Tree druid + OT warrior
    Zeliek: Fat Owl beast
    Blameaux: Holy Pally

The only thing that was confusing/difficult was that the guys in the back were getting crossed up and the Rivendare group was confused as to where to go once Thane was dead (by stacking DPS on Thane at first, he dies on the second switch). What would have worked best (regardless of actual classes) to have the Tank join the healer-tank, and the healer join blameaux so you have a tank-healer set up on everyone.

When we actually did it, the healadin actually died as we got over to Zeliek. We were pretty much saved by the fact our Ret Pally wasn't paying attention when we moved to Zeliek and was behind us; so was able to move over to Blameaux before we bit it.
    Last edited by Angry Grimace; 01-26-2009 at 11:26 AM.

having a little trouble

im a resto shammy and i always take back left horseman on 10 man but we went to 25 man last night and i couldnt keep myself up through the fight do u need to have 2 people on the rear horsemen for 25 man encounter or am i just failing

+ Reply to Thread